1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron James a better GM than Daryl Morey?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Sep 30, 2020.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

When I say super team I mean a team with 3+ great players. In that sense, I would argue the only recent comps are the Heat and KD warriors. I wouldn't include the Lakers or Cavs teams. But, if by super team you mean any great team or team with 2 great players like these Lakers then almost all championship teams have been super teams. In the past, they got there without players dictating the teaming up but it was naturally happening due to destination cities and/or lack of restrictive salary cap.

But, I don't know how you can criticize LeBron's last 2 free agency moves. Take Lebron off of those teams and they struggle to make the playoffs.

deshen likes this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Lebron has the ability to attract basically any star player to his team, nearly almost of his choosing.

Players don't mind being his #2 until they win a ring, then they realize they need fly solo or elsewhere to get out of his shadow.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lebron is the league though.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

A lot easier to be a "better GM" when Lebron is one of the best players of all time and the most important piece in making a good team. Does anybody really think that Lebron would be doing anything special as strictly a GM who doesn't play and form the foundation for his team's success?

saleem likes this.
  5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yes. It’s a league that revolves around elite talent, and LeBron can convince that talent to play with him. Morey can’t.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. mastan

mastan Member

Joke of the year..a bonafide choker better than an all time top 10 player!:):D

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Statistically Harden is better.
    In the Playoffs Lebron's championship experience, height advantage, strength and skills that went with them, was fully on display.

And somehow at 35 years of age he is still fit as a fiddle.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Diet ha as large role. I'm assuming Harden eats dirty while LeBron probably watches his diet like a hawk. I only conclude this because apparently Harden is a gym rat. That would imply lower bf%. So I'm assuming diet is the problem with Harden.

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He doesn’t need to be... we got Morey for that. Lebron’s always worried about his Legacy... cause he knows he ain’t **** compared to Michael or Kobe’s character. He is so inauthentic... he needs validation ALL THE TIME. Harden just goes home to his hoes.

deshen likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, he got kids to go home to.

One of those is a pretty good baller himself.

11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

But in terms of "ultimate authority" that's just terrible.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It is. These players all lean on him, wait for him to make decisions... the business of basketball is just soooooo much bigger than the edge of competition. Lebron went to L.A. to do business while heading into retirement lol he's winning a championship while looking like he's not even trying that hard.

Sanctity likes this.
  13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

LeBron has changed the game n the rules of this league in his own way for a long long time. he dunt wanna be the next MJ23, just wanba be himself, be a not-for-trade player who can act as his own boss n bringing championship to the place wherever he wanna play for.
    Ya can't compare morey w/ Lebron, whose voice has been actually louder than many team owners.
    But this offseason, morey should reflect on his way of assets (players) management…rethinking the values of young players n veterans, studying on how Pat n Miami select young talents as well as jellying core vets w/ those new blood.

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

On Thanksgiving 2021...

76ers 10-9
    Lakers 10-10

...Lebron should never be hired as GM after he retires.