1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stand back and stand by

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 29, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Because he can't. If you are loyal to Trump, Trump will love you at all costs. It's pretty funny because condemning them should not be that difficult. It could even be a statement such as this:

"I do not condone the actions or beliefs of the white supremacists group. I love all races and I love all people and although not everybody agrees with my words and actions, I believe that is important that everybody feel safe and secure in this nation. I do thank these groups for supporting me, however, I do not agree with your beliefs regarding race and I certainly do not support you instigating violence. I urge you to join me and decry racism. There is no room for racism in this country. We are a nation of freedom, however, I also believe that we are a nation under God and that we were all created equal and although I respect your 1st amendment rights, I urge you to stand down. Thank you."

Would this be so hard? Obviously it would be. I know he agrees with them and he likes it. That's Donald Trump in a nutshell. I don't understand how anyone can even defend this ****. Just be real with yourself and accept who the president is. If you want to keep supporting him, fine, but stop hiding behind the shield of blaming other and fake news to hide your true feelings.

It's funny I see it all over my facebook feed. You have these greater than thou characters stumbling to defend Trump at all costs. That isn't ****ing necessary. The man isn't perfect. If you like some of his ideas, then great! If you like him ****ing over the poor and providing for the rich, fine by me. If you like him spouting silly insults at others, I don't care. If you like his foreign policy of kissing dictators asses, then fine. But stop trying to defend certain actions. How about you guys own up to what he is and that you also feel similar.

Hakeemtheking, RayRay10, foh and 3 others like this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

And Biden has a speech impediment. He's still fair game.

This isn't an excuse. He said what he said. He's got many adds making fun and raising questions of Biden for simply stuttering.

RayRay10, foh, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden is stupid? Did you listen to Trump's plan on stopping climate change? Now that was hilarious. Just clean the forests and that will fix it. Seriously, he had no plan on anything.

RayRay10, foh, seemoreroyals and 2 others like this.
  4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

If only there was an easy way for him to address a misspeak...

RayRay10, Rashmon, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

If I am a cult member then why I am alone in here trying to fight this modern evil of the 21st century known as the ChiCom bastards?

IBTL likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's a terrible human being period.

RayRay10, seemoreroyals and Reeko like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

No. He could have corrected himself or he could have used direct language to separate himself from WS groups and he didn't do it. He got cute.... and he knew the question was likely to be brought up. He had ample time to answer. We live in a world of context, and based on what the President has said in the past, how he tried to evade the question and then did not correct what he said........ he meant it, he said it, he lives with it.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not a cult member, but a hilarious parody account.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think Trump was insisting on evidence of white nationalist involvement (i.e. 'name them') and when the Proud Boys came up (a group he is very familiar with and I assume also thinks are not ethno-nationalists) he pivoted to the 'stand down and stand by' line.

A lot of this hinges on whether or not you think the Proud Boys are white nationalists. I don't think they are, at least not since I last checked, but they may have changed their charter or something since Charlottesville and the whole fallout of that with McInnes leaving.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

seriously cant make this up:
    "
    ak47 rejected your message to the following email addresses:

Team Trump (noreply@email.donaldtrump.com)
    Your message was rejected by the recipient email server. Please check the recipient's email address and try resending your message, or contact the recipient directly.
    "

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Really? He told his supporters to go to the voting station and watch the election. He said that he wants the Supreme Court and his newest Justice to decide the election. He was asked if he would tell his supporters to be peaceful waiting for the election results and he didn't answer the question.

He is an amazing man in that he is the first one to really prove that a President can do anything he wants.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Susan Collins faints...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Did you say parody?

IBTL likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No... but even if so. Telling the Proud Boys to "stand down" isn't denouncing them. It's speaking as if he's their leader. Lulz.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

we are dangerously close to can

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I consider myself moderate, will vote for Biden, and still hate the CCP. It's not a mutually exclusive kinda thing...

R0ckets03, RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I was talking about Trump, clearly.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Again, Biden just used that term. Trump thought using it meant he was denouncing them. He's an idiot and didn't realize he misspoke. Wallace should have followed up to clarify.

I believe Trump is essentially a white nationalist, people.

RayRay10 and seemoreroyals like this.
  19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Eh... comedy is about timing and good trolls are the type where you're not sure if they're trolling. This guy is neither. I've said it already but the conservative trolls have lost their edge in 2020. It's like Trump took away their ability to be funny too. Sad.

Like I used to like some Astrodome posts where he'd type one sentence that had just the right amount of smug and fake concern and/or outrage that would lead to people quoting him and politi-splaining him why he's wrong for pages when deep down you know he's already drowned out the replies. It was kinda hilarious to see the same posters fall for the bait and give him pages of attention from a single controversial sentence, but those days are gone. Astrodome has become so dull he couldn't even cut butter.

I used to like creative Mexican Industrialist troll posts from TJ but those days have been gone for years now. He can write for paragraphs like he used to but the words just don't push the satire buttons like the Onion does.

As a reader, I have to believe that you believe what you post and nowadays I don't believe what any conservative poster shares on here. I guess that's the downside to being a troll. No one takes you seriously once you're ousted as one except for the gullible new posters in D&D that aren't in on it yet.

If general is the best conservative trolls can do, well that's just sad and pathetic. Your leader would be disappointed in your paltry efforts to defend him. I mean look at him. He's sad and is counting on you to defend his honor guys. You guys need to step up! For him!

[​IMG]

20. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

lol their charter

They were and are watered down white nationalist. Their strategy is obviously working if so many of you can't see it that you're willing to further the agenda without feeling as complicit. That is the aim.

Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.