1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 28, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I have faith that the majority of Americans don't see a future with Trump as our leader.

RayRay10, HP3, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What a joke of a human that dude was.

dobro1229 likes this.
  3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Legal hispanics have phones too.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i didnt even think about that. I rarely ever look. let's see lol

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree but the 45% just don’t see Democracy as the future and Trump gets graded differently because he gets graded as an autocrat... not as a Democratically elected president. The 45% see it as a choice of belligerent strongman who will be a bull in a china shop, and they see the other side which is old school Democracy that they grew up with, and they despise it and look for every reason they can to turn to the other option. It’s the college junior who is sick of going to school so he skips out on finals to go take acid at burning man instead.

The problem is that 45% who think this way. That man who supposedly made his decision based on that comment by Biden is exactly like that stupid college kid who just gives up on everything his parents have groomed and paid for and everything he has worked for his entire adolescent life to go on a bender.

And the issue is that 45% minority has enough power electorally through loopholes in our constitution to not only be the college kids who F’s up his entire year, but also comes back with Covid and shuts down campus for entire semester for everyone else.

RayRay10 and foh like this.
  6. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Hope he doesn't forget his notebook next time. He's gonna need it when dealing with world leaders and dignitaries.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

u will never win a battle of who was more presidential little Trumpanzee...your guy will lose badly every single time

RayRay10 and HP3 like this.
  8. foh

foh Member

Um, someone went to Trump's podium to grab a notebook too. What are you reaching for here

Nook, Deckard, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  9. dobro1229

I don’t get why Trumpers think these type of things make any sort of difference. American President’s words are supposed to be well thought out, and scripted. That’s the point. When JFK said “We choose to go to the moon....” was that a moment that was a scandal because it was obviously scripted???

And this debate wasn’t about a script. There’s no script or notebook that can prepare you for Trumps belligerence. So if you think THIS is the scandal for tonight’s debate you really are begging to not be taken seriously.

Deckard, RayRay10, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

reminds me of the OP in this thread

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/if-trump-wins.306774/

claims he’s not a Republican, didn’t vote for Trump in 2016, and won’t be voting for Trump in 2020, but everything he posts says otherwise

these people aren’t real undecideds, and they know who they want to vote for...it’s a little game they like to play thinking nobody sees through their BS

Rashmon, jiggyfly, RayRay10 and 5 others like this.
  11. foh

foh Member

The strongman voters have to literally lose their job-to-AI/wife-to-divorce/relative-to-covid to consider changing their vote. I don't think it's at 45% just yet, but it's getting there.

Biden really has to project a bit more vigor or he might lose - democrats chose him, in part, for his image of a stately, tall white guy persona after all, which is why his telling Trump to shut up worked so well.

RayRay10, Yung-T, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

You don’t think trump had a notebook during a presidential debate? No debate in history has ever taken place where each side didn’t take notes, unless they accidentally forgot their notebook

Deckard, RayRay10 and Yung-T like this.
  14. dobro1229

I honestly believe that the 45% that voted him in last time weren’t stupid. They knew this is who he is, and they did it anyways.

Yes Trump has lost a percentage of those voters but I’m telling you now, almost all of those voters will still grade him on a curve and look for any damn reason to say “Biden lost me at...”

What’s different about this election I think is turnout on the other side. So greater Dem turnout and even a 1 or 2% drop off of the 45% and Trump gets beat. After tonight I’m more confident there’s not enough time for Trump to recover. Early voting and mail in voting is already underway and I don’t think same day turnout will be much of a thing this year.

Still doesn’t make me sad that there’s still 45 or now 44% of Americans who still are fascinated by an autocrat and disgusted with good old fashioned Democracy cause they are bored with it.

DVauthrin, RayRay10, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's a debate. You use it to take notes.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is too much "law and order" and not enough "law and order" at the same damn time. Such scathing rebukes of Biden bro. I mean absolutely profound stuff here TJ.

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If Biden wins Wisconsin and Pennsylvania...it won't matter what Michigan and Minnesota do.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Keep smoking that good ****.

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

20. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Did you wonder why the video is cutting off the left side of the TV? It's because a Trump aid is grabbing Trump's notebook off the podium at the same time.