1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Boom! Excellent take

Cstyle42 and jacoby like this.
  2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I agree. No trade is gonna make this team better imo. The best chance of winning is getting Russel back to the way he was playing after christmas. Really no other options

Caesar, Verbal Christ and RudyTBag like this.
  3. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Russell isn't going to ever sustain that level of play long enough to give us a chance to win a championship. Maybe he gets hot one series, but by the next one, he'll be back to shooting bricks, blowing fast breaks and turning it over too much.

lloyde8 and HP3 like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Im okay with trading Harden, but not for this trash....and you know what, not until I see what Morey can do this off season with the coach and some pieces. Other than that....we can get a much better deal than this. Bury this thread.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm sure if Kat were on those teams he'd be making deep playoff runs too? Those are stacked teams.

there still isn't this long list of 24 year olds winning much outside of all time greats which KAT clearly isn't.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Harden has done enough for us to never trade him unless he wants to be traded. He deserves that much.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What/who would you trade Harden for?

RocketsFan247 and HP3 like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From Dec 7 to the end of the season through March. That is multiple months of MVP level basketball.

38 games. Rockets went 24-14.

30.0 Points
    6.9 Assists
    7.8 Rebounds
    .502 FG%
    .775 FT%

I'm having a hard time buying this notion that post Covid/Injury Russ is who he actually is now and forever. He clearly wasn't himself in the playoffs, and admitted as much in his exit interview. I'd be hesitant to jump the gun after the bubble. 2020 has been wacky.

9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

This doesn't make sense when they still don't have picks for the foreseeable future. You can't rebuild with no picks.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is true, I wouldn't mind staying pat but @subtomic hit the nail on the head for me.

Right now Harden probably has as much trade value as he will have. As he gets older, the less he has, that's why I think it is pure fantasy for some people to completely balk at getting a 24 year old All-star and a #1 pick and demand much more than that. Maybe we get another pick or two thrown in, which would be mid to late round picks, but we're not getting another top 5 MVP talent for Harden, we're not getting an elite Zion/Morant prospect from him (except...we do get the #1 pick...) and there IS risk with running this back. Because Harden is older. A significant injury or just more mediocre postseason appearances the more value he loses. We don't have cap room or the assets to just make a major move that could open our window again.

There's a reason CP3 is hard to trade right now despite still being one of the best players. It's age.

So yeah, our only hope is that Westbrook will play at an elite form which is also a risk, he can do it for stretches...hopefully, if we keep him he saves those stretches for the end of the year.

jjc1, subtomic and RudyTBag like this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm actually not against trading James for the RIGHT package, at this point. But it better be a massive haul as he's healthy and one of the 7 or 8 greatest of all time. We ARE NOT selling low here. This is likely the perfect time to move him IF we're going to.
    As to a Philly deal....
    Any conversation needs to START with Ben Simmons.
    Fair value for Big Jim is likely Ben plus that #1.
    Forget about bringing CP3 back...no way. Waaay too much downside risk at this point.
    KAT is intriguing, but his personality/attitude makes me leery. Toss in the direction the League has gone with the rules..away from big men. And, I pass.

Rudyc281 and 18pbr like this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The sad reality is it is time to trade Harden.

Once we made the WB trade our window closed immediately, and mortgaged our future.

Do you want two more years of guaranteed 2nd round exits and then absolutely nothing to rebuild with, or do you want superstar trade return to toy around with.

Also daily reminder that Fertita is a complete ****ing moron and has completely screwed us. .

13. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Realistically We will never win with Harden as our best player....

jacoby likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont know, but I know I want more than KAT,CP3(though that's prolly to get rid of Westbrook), Josh Richardson and a number one draft pick in a very VERY weak draft class. At least give me a better draft class and I would maybe consider this. We also...need more picks tbh. I donno, I feel like we can get more.

Plus I feel like KAT would ditch us in 2 years as well.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. Mr Chuck Norris

I want Harden in Brooklyn. With KD and Kyrie if he were to get traded.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

we are screwed because we don’t control our picks

U get KAT? Ok, cool. U likely miss the playoffs and get the worst pick between us and OKC. In other years, our picks to OKC are top 3 or top 4 protected, and as we’ve seen, u can be absolute sh*t, and with the way some of these teams don’t even try to win and the new lottery set up, u could win 20 something games and pick 8th which would be too bad for us and our top 4 protected pick. We’d have been atrocious for nothing.

so basically, you’d have to kill it with that #1 overall pick, hope we’re sh*tty enough to not lose our protected picks, and then hope that Morey doesn’t draft the likes of Jones, Morris, and Royce White with our swaps with OKC

Tilman is not going through some years long tank job/rebuild. After a few years, he will be done with it, and we will be overpaying for anyone to come here out of desperation.

17. Sanity2disChaos

Poopoo platter.... how dare they disrespect the Beard.

D-rock likes this.
  18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If he does end up getting moved for this return then we know Tillman forced this.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I know it's impossible to ever get anything close to fair for Harden.

I really think this is the best we could do though. No other young stars outside of Ben Simmons/Embiid are on the trading block.

Personally, because of Embiid's injury history and because Simmons can't shoot, I'd take KAT and hope that he matures, certainly has the talent to be an elite player. Hopefully a new coach and CP3 coach on the floor could get that out of him.

Hopefully Morey makes the best pick with the #1 pick and maybe we could get a few more pieces playing hardball with them.

HP3 likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I just don’t see it.

Even with Westbrook on this team, Harden is good enough to drag what we have to a 2-6 seed for a couple more years. Very likely win the first round and be a coin flip or some kind of underdog in the 2nd round.

I think a team like that makes their owner a lot of money.

You move Harden for what’s being discussed here. We struggle to make the playoffs or miss them completely and are a likely first round exit or worse for the foreseeable future.

That doesn’t sound like a team that makes their owner a lot of money.

We know who our owner is. I think his main goal is to remain as profitable as possible.

D-rock and HP3 like this.