1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Senate report on Hunter Biden

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tallanvor, Sep 23, 2020.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Does the GOP want to go down this route?

Actually this might be throwing Trump under the bus because this is going to bait Democrats into going after Kushner who is far more flagrant in conflict of interest dealings.

So the more apt question here is "Does Trump really want to go down this rabbit hole?"

IBTL, JayGoogle and deb4rockets like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GOP is disgusting and desperate.

IBTL likes this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

If Hunter Biden was running for President against Trump, I would vote for Hunter Biden. He’s Probably far less corrupt than Trump.

Of course, he’s not running for President, so it’s a moot point.

5. Anticope

Anticope Member

Oh so now we should be concerned about nepotism and conflicts of interest LMAO.

But seriously, in what world is this concerning yet the insane level of grifting and nepotism currently taking place in the White House (and parts of Congress as well) is perfectly acceptable? In normal times I might be concerned about something like this but right now I literally couldn't care less given the state of things and the choices at hand.

6. tallanvor

Senate report: Hunter Biden gave money to groups associated with human trafficking and prostitution

Anticope: Oh so now we should be concerned about nepotism and conflicts of interest

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

#ImpeachHunterBiden

deb4rockets, Reeko, IBTL and 7 others like this.
  8. fchowd0311

Im not here to discuss the merits but rather tactics.

Do you think this might be a sign that the GOP is willing to throw Trump under the bus because this obviously will motivate Dems to investigate Trump's family members.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I continue my absolute refusal to ever even consider voting for Hunter Biden for president.

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

I'll give you credit: you never fail to report for duty when your GOP masters call.

[​IMG]

Nook, Reeko, AleksandarN and 3 others like this.
  11. tallanvor

Do you actually believe Democrats haven't already investigated Trump family members? you dont think they havent turned over every rock they could?

cml750 likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

A bit.... and it turned up a lot of Clinton like behavior. But you don't care about Trump's nepotism and corruption.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

That big investigation and report comrade johnson was racing out to hurt the Biden campaign with? LOL... what color hat did Biden's son wear? Maybe the president's lawyer can ask that pro-russian ukrainian lawyer that he used as a source...

GOP senators' anti-Biden report repackages old claims
    Ron Johnson and Chuck Grassley's interim report largely relies on previously known information.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/23/gop-senators-anti-biden-report-420362

14. fchowd0311

Nope. They definitely haven't. I mean it could be due to how the Trump adminstration is adept at slowing down investigations of themselves to a standstill due to a lack of cooperation in handing over relevant evidence.

But I believe things like this will increase their will power to aggressively go after Trump's family after Trump leaves office. That's what I'm referring to by the GOP throwing Trump under the bus.

Democrats usually aren't vindictive in terms of trying to stick criminal charges on previous adminstrations (Obama's adminstration with Bush Jr's adminstration for example). Something about not wanting to cause division and create the public perception of a political witch hint.

Something like this will motivate Dems to break the tradition of not being aggressively investigatory towards previous rival administration after they left office.

Hence why I think GOP legislators don't give a **** about Trump once he leaves office because this is just going to motivate Dems to aggressively investigate Trump and his family if they ever hold power again.

I definitely can see an avenue where a Biden adminstration and his DOJ does not want to deal with Trump at all due to the perception of a political witch hint that can divide the nation further. But things like this can change that.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will Hunter be as capable in pursuing Middle East peace as Jared?

AleksandarN, jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

BOMBSHELL

Hunter took $3.5 million from the wife of Moscow's mayor? And sent a lot of money to a prostitution and human trafficking ring in Eastern Europe? WHAT? Joe Biden is seriously compromised. Which, for those of you who don't know how politics work, is why the Establishment/Deep State ran him as the Democratic candidate. Russia, Ukraine, and China all have serious dirt on Biden. He will do their bidding!

By the way, is Hunter Biden the worst person on earth? Married his dead brother's widow, cheated on her with a stripper, got the stripper pregnant, tried to avoid paying child support... sold out America to our foreign adversaries in order to enrich himself... that's hard to top.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Wake me up when they indict him for something. It's one thing to put insinuations in a report and quite another to tell a court you can prove it.

But, thanks for the reminder that President Trump was impeached for trying to blackmail the president of Ukraine to make up a scandal about Joe and Hunter Biden engaging in corruption through Burisma. In that case we had testimony and transcripts that demonstrated Donald Trump's corruption for the whole country to see. He survived it, but we know. And it's some serious gaslighting that in Trump's reelection effort, they'd bring this subject back up and insist Trumpers remember the scandal but forget the parts where Trump engaged in corruption.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Trump ~hold my beer~

edwardc and IBTL like this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

NOT SO MUCH OF A BOMBSHELL:
    Trader_Jorge....mentally ill.

* Oh, the irony.

AleksandarN likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wake me up if Joe Biden appoints Hunter to a high ranking position in government and / or leaves the family business in his hand.

Also Joe Biden shouldn't respond to this report. I know family is incredibly important to him but there is nothing gained by him responding to this.