1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese Basketball Association bans American player for life for using Instagram

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Sep 19, 2020.

?

Ty Lawson got banned

1. For TikTok retaliation

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. For being Ty Lawson

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

The original post itself was kind of racist and at best insensitive. China still have recent memories from remanents of colonialism where rape in more ways than one from foreigners happened.

I'm wondering how similar situation would've been handled in a country like south korea which is western but also have historical scars.

Similar to race relations scars in the U.S. Donald Sterling was forced to sell for comments that years ago (and maybe now) would've been frowned upon but not punished.

Timing, empathy, and situations matter.

P.S. On this matter, I ain't defending squat on either side. The world would be better if we all try to understand why each other might be upset instead of just trolling each other. I've heard his IG is now a full on race war, I like to think the trolls on both sides represent the worst of us and not the norm.

Largely steering clear of that pile.

#21 wizkid83, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He is considered an elite diplomat but man is that a pic of a woman giving head portapotty? That isn't my thing even when I look up the XXX...

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's her butt not her face

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. BenjaminChen

BenjaminChen Member

Yao is not gonna debate with the People's Daily (AKA.Official National Clown) on whether Lawson "disrespected Chinese women".
    “Ty is a good guy,he was just showing love to those illegal prostitutes.”How about the anti-epidemic measures then?
    Since Lawson haven't signed next season's contract yet, it's an easier solution to just let him go.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's no such thing as free speech in China, for those who don't realize it.

And since the Party has control of well everything, this isn't a surprise at all.

Nook likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

i still can't believe

you got her face and butt mixed up

7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's exhausting just to see social media much less use it. But without a facebook, instagram, Linkd, youtube.. employers deem you unworthy and won't hire you.

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Yao seems to have a robotic personality. They go through great lengths to hide the identities of their bioweapons clientle of the Wuhan and other labs yet they don't protect Lawson? Doesn't seem right to me. Capitalist communism strikes a new Accord.

#28 Sanctity, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

he shouldn't loose his job to posting stuff about his personal life to a social media site that was meant for his friends or fans.
    it's also crazy how they follow even an insignificant player like Ty Lawson. I seriously doubt CBA fans follow Ty Lawson like they do their more popular players.

Instagram is not twitter. it's intent is not to create news.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Uh, what? Which employers? facebook, instagram, Linkd, youtube?

11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

They want to see a facebook and twitter at the least.

12. sw847

sw847 Member

Lol I have lived in China for close to 10 years and not once have I seen a black person denied entry cause of skin color. In fact in shanghai just last week a black America was caught stealing, and screamed I am American so u can’t do **** to me.

Brother China is probably one of the friendliest places to best as a foreigner, my daughters teacher is a black person (Australian I believe). I am interested in where in China u saw what u said, or are u just spreading false chinese hatred.

As a foreigner in China, and talking to others working here, believe me China is probably one of the safest places to be. I strongly suggest some of u to come and see for urself. Although I have met many kiwis who couldn’t make it here, couldn’t get a job and go back talking **** about the place, in face one of my ex colleagues, there are a lot of foreigners like that

Now in terms of ty Lawson....respect other cultures, in China sexual picture/posts are not allowed (same as india). Guys the west has major political differences with China, I get that, there are **** I disapprove of, but why the hatred on the people and country? Some of u guys really need to look at ur selves and ask are you really caring about Chinese citizens rights or just intimidated by the rise of China? At least in nz, I feel it’s the later

13. Nook

Nook Member

Nice try. I have spent quite a bit of time in China and racism is a serious problem there and the CCP makes the problem far worse.

Yes, I am sure just last week you saw a black. American steal... how very convenient.

Pointing out facts isn’t hating Chinese people. Indeed I have said multiple times people hate the CCP and not Chinese people.

Now go back to superiors and let them know you did your duty putting up for the CCP.

14. Nook

Nook Member

They have every right to not sign Lawson and they can even ban him if they choose... and the rest of the world has the right to roll their eyes at all he CCP over their decision.

15. sw847

sw847 Member

Lol, first of all, i do work in QingDao China, secondly the black dude stealing was all over the internet last week. Thirdly racism here is no where near in the west.

Come on man, it’s people like you that is spreading the hate. Why do you feel that I am working for the ccp? Lol...if you have been to China, especially a decade ago, u would know that foreigners are treated better than most locals. Marbury is treated like a ****en hero here.

if u have lived in China before and have a such a hatred for this country, I am assuming u r one of those worthless people who couldn’t make it here

16. Nook

Nook Member

LOL No, racism is certainly a problem in China........ and the CCP keeps tabs on all foreigners living in the country, speaking to neighbors, landlords, etc. Also, it has only gotten worse in recent years. Racism and xenophobia is not unique to China, the difference is the level to which the CCP will go in an effort to hide it.

Second, I do not hate China and I do not hate Chinese people. I like the long and storied history of China and I like Chinese people. What I do not like is the CCP that has tried to destroy the history of China, lied to the Chinese people and is incredibly thin skinned.

You can assume I am "one of those worthless people" if you want.

17. sw847

sw847 Member

Not sure what line of work u do, but I for one has not been a victim of racism in China. In fact in hospitals, school for my children, even traffic tickets, I have actually had preferential treatment.

Now how much u hate the ccp has nothing to do with me, in fact there are a lot of **** the ccp piss me off as well, but to say Chinese people/society as a whole is racist is just plain wrong. Individually there are ignorant people every where, but to discredit the people of China is ****ed in imo.

In terms of Lawson, what he did pissed off a lot of people here, the guys I play ball with here in qd is upset too. In China that kind of statement, whether a foreigner or not will piss people off. Trust me even if a local celebrity did the same, people would be calling for his head. In face that hongkong actor, chen guan xi I think had some leaked videos and photos like a decade ago, he had everybody, including his own fans turn on him. People need to know the differences in culture and what norm in your own culture does not mean acceptable for others. Kiwis love our flip flops, I always used to wear them to work, but it’s is frowned upon here, viewed as impolite/in professional. So really I just have to respect others

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I seriously doubt people in China follow Ty Lawson's instagram page or even care about his personal life
    @Nook
    or even know what 'cakes' are

Nook likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

The whole thing is a joke because instagram is banned in China (unless that has changed in the last year).

jiggyfly and tinman like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

Now that's propaganda.