1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should hire former Cavs coach David Blatt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenVolumeOne, Sep 22, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

dude was wrongfully fired at the all-star break in 2016 I think because he complained that LeBron refused to practice and run his plays.

Blatt at the time of his firing had the best record in the eastern conference and was scheduled to coach in the all-star game.

David Blatt has since been blackballed by the NBA for challenging Lebron publicly, just like Phil Jackson was for his "posse" comment

I think David Blatt would be a perfect hire for the Rockets, he can make in game adjustments, and is not afraid to challenge his star players. Everybody thought Harden was uncoachable and that he wouldnt get along with Dantoni when mike was first hired. I believe David Blatt needs another chance at redemption. He is still fairly young enough to where their are no health concerns. And im sure he would sign for something in Tillmans budget

Why are we talking about hiring Ty Lue when it was David Blatt who led the cavs to the finals in 2015 and pretty much laid the groundwork and set the foundation for the cavs the following year in 2016 when like i said he was fired at the all-star break with the best record in the eastern conference. It was david blatt who made a huge in game adjustment by playing a scrub a like Delladova and sticking him on Curry. Basically stole game 2 of the finals with no kyrie or love due to dellys defense.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What happens when we run into LeBron again in the playoffs and now there's additional hate for our team we didn't have before?

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why does Harden need to be “challenged”?

Dude was gawdamn sublime all through the playoffs. Getting 4 on 3s for his teammates and playing the best defense I’ve ever seen him play.

It’s like you guys go and listen to Max Kellerman’s analysis of Harden and pretend that what he says is true.

James Harden is playing damn near perfect basketball.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden just needs Shooters and a 7'0 Stretch Center that can switch easily.

PJ Tucker and Eric Gordon need to moved for younger and better players.

Trading Russ seems impossible.

Getting a Coach with Strong Personality with Charisma like Rudy Tomjanovich.

A Player Coach that knows X and Os on Offense and Different Defense.

saleem and BigShasta like this.
  5. saner-s88

saner-s88 Member

Blatt has Multiple sclerosis dessease. Doesnt coach now

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

A 7-0 stretch Center that can switch easily?

:D

Good luck finding that...

Dacamel and jcmoon like this.
  7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Don’t think Blatt has any interest in coaching NBA anymore.

8. hakeemthagreat

The type of coach we need won't work under Daryl Morey

Imanimal likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Blatt is a weirdo.

The Rockets do not need Blatt.

He retired from coaching recently and also was let go as a consultant with the Knicks.

dreamshakin, D-rock, saleem and 3 others like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

NBA success of both Blatt and Ty Lue as coaches has correlated
    to one LeBron James.

And LeBron lost faith in both......resulting to both getting kicked to the curb.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Isn’t that gangster slang in the UK? Blatt blatt!

Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I thought it was Booker Booker.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This just isn't true. 4th quarters exist. Don't use ESPN as a strawman. I avoid them like the plague. Harden played excellently - usually. But there are long stretches where he fades. That gameflow.xould definitely use some smoothing. Still room for improvement, whether in fatigue (yes) or shot selection (hell yes).

The team just folded in game 3 and on in round 2. We've lost a lot of series in a lot of bad ways with Harden (who I believe IS a top 3 player). Harden ran off CP for Westbrick which to me is unforgivable. Why must the myth persist that everything is wonderful?

14. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

It is a good option for Til'do! If he is successful Dil'do looks like a genius. If he is not Til'do can make his life hell and flare up that multiple sclerosis so he has to quit for medical reasons! And you can be rest assured Dil'do will put in the contract that his medical situation is not valid grounds to seek compensation.

15. Nook

Nook Member

First, no player is perfect. Even Michael Jordan had bad stretches during playoff games. Harden had a few bad fourth quarters during the playoffs, he also had some good fourth quarters. I do not see anything specific to the fourth quarter and Harden. Can Harden improve? Sure, but he has consistently improved.... he really isn't the problem, it is what is going on around him. I also don't think he is one of the three best players in the league. He is likely the best player in the league.

Last, he didn't "run off Chris Paul". The owner is the one that rammed the trade through. Morey had told Harden days before the trade that a deal for Westbrook wasn't likely to happen and Harden was fine with it. Harden spent most of the off season trying to get Jimmy Butler to join him and Paul in Houston.

fattz, D-rock, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds Like Steve Kerr and Mark Jackson

Rocket River

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

He was completely sublime in these playoffs. He was an artist with a basketball. Defending, controlling tempo, scoring when possible. He needs better personnel, clearly. It is truly unreal how incredibly good he was on both ends while getting doubled before half court. Asking for anything else from that dude is truly insanity, IMO. All the stats back that up.

fattz, D-rock and rockbox like this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'll settle for 6'9" with long arms.

raining threes, D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

And a long penis.

Scola Scoops likes this.
  20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The only qualification Blatt lacks is NBA player respect. And thus he is a no-go. Regrets as I’ve always liked the guy.