1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i will transmit this information to Vladimir.

dmoneybangbang and B@ffled like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. adoo

adoo Member

lock 'em up!​

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s almost too bad the DNC is going on. This report is bipartisan but Republicans control the Committee. They members in that committee knew a lot of this back during impeachment yet still refused to vote to remove or even vote for witnesses

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Great point, but didn't they get to choose the convenient release date? I suppose "history" will show they produced a damning report, and they can hope that history won't record their otherwise spinelessness.

rocketsjudoka, mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes. I'm pretty sure they timed the release to minimize coverage. At this point though I doubt history will remember this report much. It will get lost in the wash of everything else that is happening now.

dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Maybe...my guess, if Biden wins and the Dems win the Senate, this report may come to light again.

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It might but my guess is that a Biden Administration will be more interested in moving on from Trump.

B-Bob, RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I'd hope Biden and his admin are...however, I hope that whoever he appoints to the DOJ and Attorney General do look at some of these cases that were previously referred by the Senate Judiciary committee and that Barr has sat on.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ussian-strongman-Vladimir-Putin-revealed.html

'Dear Vladimir Putin, I'm a big fan of yours!' Senate intel report reveals Donald Trump's letters to Russian strongman praising him and begging him to come to Miss Universe - and how Ivanka sat behind his desk
    Trump-Putin letters are included in the Senate Intelligence Committee's report on Russian election interference and related issues
    Trump wrote to congratulate Putin in 2008 on being named Time's 'Person of the Year'
    He also wrote him in 2013 inviting him to the Miss Universe Pageant in Moscow
    He added in his own writing: ''THE WORLD'S MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN!'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

Dems really need to tie this into all the corruption and campaign on it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I agree but it is a difficult and complex issue. Also one thing I will agree with those who were against impeachment is that after Trump wasn't removed from office it did give the impression of vindication over this issue. While impeachment wasn't specifically about Russian campaign collusion I get the the feeling many people consider it related.

For me the two worst things about Trump are his willingness and encouragement of foreign interference in our elections and bending US policy to his and his family's self-interest. Those are deliberate actions that endanger the US for his own personal gain. Unfortunately those aren't the most obvious things and are hard to cook down into simple messages to use on the campaign trail.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

True, Trump got off more due to a technicality than anything which will be a complex issue to explain. Hopefully Harris can condense it into soundbites.

However, they still got his resorts and golf courses (US and foreign) to use as ammo as well as travel expenses. Not to mention, they have the nepotism angle. Trump supporters won't be moved by it, but the independents and "shining city on the hill" conservatives can be swayed to vote Biden or sit at home. The latter is my father, a suburban engineer and lifelong republican, who won't be voting for Trump.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I am a very big fan of yours!

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

keep ****ing that chicken.

DaDakota likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I still remember Trump supporters defending her against the evil and disgusting Mueller's team.

Nook likes this.