1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Wizards seriously considering signing Ty Lawson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Feb 12, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They have Sam Dekker now too.

Jontro and hakeem94 like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Peak dish content @Jontro

Rudyc281 and Jontro like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

lawson is a damn hero. too bad the chinese govt thinks heroes look like this

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Zhang Ziyi is my hero...:eek:

Jontro and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

On Sunday Lawson went back onto his Instagram story to respond to the allegations, what he said, and the picture he posted.

“Alright, well, I was told not to address this, but I don’t know, I got to stick up for myself," Lawson said on his Instagram story. "I am probably the least racist guy you have ever met in life. I have fun with everybody.... Cake means that she has a nice body, that’s it!"

"Everybody talking about, ‘Oh Ty you’re a racist. Oh my God get him out of China. He’s a N*****!' I am like bruh, you’re taking it too far, yall wild. But I am going to say at the same time: I meant no disrespect, all the racists and disrespect that is coming towards me is wild."

"Everyone that knows me in China knows that I am not that person. At all," Lawson said. "I was literally saying that she had a nice body and I danced at a club. I wasn’t at a strip club, I wasn’t having sex with the women in the club and disrespecting her. I didn’t to that.”

Lawson went on to explain his words got misconstured. He said he has spent time with his Chinese friends breaking down rap songs, including hits by Lil Uzi. “…Black people talk different. That’s how we talk…" Lawson said.

Lawson closed his Instagram story on Sunday with two messages. There were statements of acceptance and love. “What’s really the problem let’s literally sit and talk about it," Lawson wrote. "…it’s a lot of hate being thrown around we all people… it’s 2020 we should all love each other no matter where u are from or what you look like.

"This is the Last time im going to address (it). Address means talk about it this but “cakes” mean nice body to nice booty …it’s a compliment to Chinese woman … I love all races of ppl… one of my best friend @ronhsieh is Asian I talk to him and FaceTime him every day."

https://247sports.com/college/north...eo-Chineese-Basketball-Association-151737475/

clos4life and HTown_TMac like this.
  7. val_modus

val_modus Member

I tend to side with Lawson here, and we live in an age where once you’re labeled something, it’s very hard, and at times unfairly so, to shake that label once it’s been put out there.

But it’s 2020 my guy, you should know better than to use the “I have Asian friends, I’m not a racist” line.

8. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Personally I think getting a lifetime ban from the CBA is too harsh but even if he wasn't, I doubt any team would pick him up anytime soon given there are plenty of players with similar talent looking to play there (undersized and not a former star like Starbury or TMac). That being said, I don't think what he said was racist but certainly disrespectful. And yeah, pulling the "I have Asian friends" card if anything makes him look more racist or insensitive.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is more a sexist thing and overly objectifying a woman's body than racism.

I mean he wasn't the youngest when he left the Rockets.

If there is anything left in the tank and he wants to play, he should be wiser.

#49 daywalker02, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  10. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Not only sexist but it's also disrespectful from a cultural standpoint in that he was a guest in a foreign country, that also happens to be conservative culturally. Imagine if an American went to Saudi Arabia to play pro ball and posted about Saudi women having hot bods, or playing in India and saying Indian girls got hot bods. It was a poor decision all around and it's going make it extra hard for him to get back to the NBA now.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And making a non strip club place look like a strip club.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

must be exhausting keeping track of all the things that are severely offensive to chinese culture.

13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

It is hard enough in our own culture these days.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

@Yung-T breh knows wassup

TWS1986 likes this.
  15. Lovemachine2000

It really isn't that hard - just don't be an *******. But if you are a public figure, then you are judged by a different standard anywhere in the world.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Young Ty.

Jontro likes this.
  17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

those cakes make things hard.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No. You were "figuratively" saying she had a nice body,,,I mean, "literally" figuratively saying that.

"literally" is literally replacing the word "like"... it's "like" when you need to emphasize "like" so much, you seek a four syllable version of it,,,

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

What is sexist about it? He was on social media saying a member of the opposite sex, that he was dancing with, has a nice body. Is it sexist every time a woman compliments a man's body on social media. These kinds of comments are made all the time by entertainers and athletes of either sex. I could see if this was during a TV interview at a game or team event to a woman he wasn't hanging out with.

Any sane person can see this is related to the oppressive country he was employed in. He didn't say anything that would be met with criticism in any free society.

I completely agree that he should have adhered to the culture of the land, if he wanted to stay employed. But, let's not lie and say he was being racist or sexist.

Theking and val_modus like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I fail to see how anything Lawson did falls under the realm of racism.

What am I missing here?

clos4life, mfastx and Theking like this.