1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why YAO was so soft in April

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAsticker, Apr 10, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Juugie

Juugie Member

No, he makes $3million and plays like he's worth half that.

2. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

the difference between 1st and 2nd half was in the 2nd half guys were knocking down open jumpers they were missing in the first half.

3. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I don't know what to call you except TROLL.

However Yao played, he is having a better season than SF, and he is the best on this team in term of contribution. If you say he is playing like he's worth $1.5m, the rest of the team don't deserve league minimum.

Didn't bother to correct you early on, the best games Yao had this year were against Lakers, Mavs, and Twolves.

4. CXmoney1221

CXmoney1221 Member

OUCH.

5. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Juugie, that is mean, you know.

6. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Not sure if anyone posted JVG's postgame quotes but here's what he had to say about Yao:

"As far as what they did on Yao, to me it’s all about what Yao does to himself. Yao is capable of so much better than that, and Yao has to hold himself to a higher standard than he’s been playing over the last six games."

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/quotes040409.html

Why can't Van Gundy just acknowledge that the guy is tired? Even Feigan wrote it in his Rockets Summary today. He has no lift on his jumper, blocking shots, or getting rebounds. That's not a confidence or thinking problem.

7. 3-a-charm

3-a-charm Member

What if Juugie and Yetti are the same person!!!??? MPD?:eek:

8. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

9. Juugie

Juugie Member

Okay, okay. Wasn't trying to be mean. Just one upping Deuce's comment.

10. mitbbs

mitbbs Contributing Member

Yes, you are right on this. Why did Yao play his best games against Shaq? One reason is that Shaq did not defend Yao very well in the first three games. The second reason is that Yao was treated with respect like Shaq in those games. As long as Yao gets calls with respect, or just fiar calls, he will get at least 20/10 every season.

11. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

So what you are telling us is that Yao plays like a 1.5 million man while having a better year than our 12 million man? Sure that makes sense. :rolleyes:

12. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

It sickens me how Yao gets treated. The Rookies get way more respec than him. It's almost to the point where I'm expecting them to call two cheap fouls on him early in the game. Something must be done. The referees make some horrible calls. Yao stands still with his arms up. Some 6,2 guard drives and plows into his chest...thats a blocking foul??? Give me a damn break. Yao would never say anythign before because thats the way the game is supposed to be play, but it's so obvious that he is fed up with the impartial calls. This has to change in the playoffs, and a tape must be sent in to the league in the offseason. THe refs are holding Yao back from being the player that he can be.

13. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Here is an excerpt from one of your posts in another thread:

I think that we have a special player in Yao

Can you be at least more consistent in your posts? A special player is worth 1.5 million only? So with a budget of 7.5 millions you can possibly build a team with 5 special players to start the game. :eek:

How many GM jobs are you being offered each day?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he is tenative because the Referees have changed the way they call the game with him.

They are calling more offensive calls and fewer calls when Yao is getting shoved around.

Truthfully, I think Yao is getting the Shaq like calls, but he is not even close to a Shaq type of player.

Therefore, he worries about fouls instead of just playing.

DD