1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trying Again Next Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Sep 12, 2020.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Who? Love? Drummond? Beal?

2. Rocketeer4Life

Westbrook has the perfect athleticism and attitude. But he lacks shooting skills and is too erratic/turnover prone. He is not skilled enough to be the second best player in a contending team.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. photojoe

photojoe Member

This is the least optimistic I have felt about the Rockets in a long, long time

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m not THAT smart but I’m not stupid either. The post says nothing about my intelligence. Yours is very reflective of your maturity.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing about MDA was that he and his agent wanted 2 or 3 millions more than Ferntits was willing to pay and not because the owner didn't like his game planning.

That was the whole reason behind the lame duck status.

I doubt Tilly's stance changed, on the contrary, his hospitality business suffered under the virus situation.

It is business after all.

#25 daywalker02, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  6. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Gotta find a way to hire Jay Wright then

7. Rocketeer4Life

Morey may have destroyed the franchise with the Westbrook and Capella trades. Getting Westbrook didn't make any sense stat wise. Its tough to believe that Morey was that of an idiot in acquiring Westbrook. He must've been pressured by Harden and Tillman to do it... The Rockets are fu**ed moving forward!

8. pass_to_Hakeem

I’m sorry, Westbrook and Harden may not go anywhere but I wouldn’t be mad if EVERYONE else on that team left. EG is not a great shooter, not for the past two years. RoCo , what did he bring to this team? He made me miss Capela. Tucker has heart , but that is all he has. No other skill set but “heart”.

9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We're going to have the same problem as we had before if Russ and Harden are out on the court together. They'll simply double Harden and let Russ have the open shot. We do need some sort of a big center to counter bigger teams. We also need 3 steady and consistent shooters. If we get those, Harden won't get double-teamed as much.

Do I think we'll get any of that? No. I don't trust our management and owner.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

This is the only thread that is at all realistic, excepting that MDA is gone. I really doubt Rockets fans would like to be in the lottery for years till we return to the playoffs if we trade Harden and Russ.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.