1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Enjoy These Last Years of Harden's Prime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Sep 12, 2020.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

To get a player that's around his level likely will be never. Someone that can lead the league in assists, scoring, steals, deflections, 30,40,50 and 60 point games, free throw makes and attempts 7 years in a row, 60 point triple double, 60 points through 3 quarters, as well as back to back seasons above 34 PPG.

It's a short list of names who have done any 1 of those things, almost impossible to imagine someone coming close to his offensive brilliance ever on any team, especially on the Rockets, especially in the next decade.

2. houseofglass21

The CP3 trade will haunt the Rockets for years to come.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Since I've started watching the Rockets (since '02-ish), there were two moments I believed briefly that they had a legitimate shot at winning the championship: in 2009 during the Lakers series before Yao went down and in 2018 towards the end of Game 5 right before CP3 went down.

Given Tilman's brief but significant impact on the team so far, it may be quite awhile before we have another contending team...

4. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Agreed that Harden puts up monstrous individual stats but we got blown out in the 2nd round of the playoffs

I dont think it will take too long to get back to this again

I am anxious to see how Hardens game deteriorates as he ages

Carmelo quickly fell off the rail.

For Harden to age well, he will need to learn how to play off the ball and be a spot up shooter. a 3rd or 4th option on the court

ElPigto likes this.
  5. Theking

Theking Member

Nobody stopping you from supporting the Knicks or the Hornets

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

It’s a Damn shame hardens future is ruined here

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is what some people miss...lmao

mediocre team with zero expectations

they went into LA and managed to take them to OT before losing by 8, so postgame we could be all up in here high fiving and celebrating like they actually accomplished something because they were competitive on the road...but hey, at least they had “heart” as they lost every other game :rolleyes:

fun times...

B-Bob and Theking like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets lost to freaking Memphis, but hey, weren’t seasons back then so much fun because a young Steve Francis who could never come close to even 12-13 Harden could score 20 points, dunk, and had nice handles as we lost games?

B-Bob, Jayzers_100 and Theking like this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

If Harden does ask for a trade, he will probably be the first ex Rocket I would actively be rooting to succeed on another team. Mainly because I think the hate is unwarranted and I'd like to see the haters proven wrong. Every other player I kind of forgot about or wanted off the team anyways, Lowry would probably be the closest. It is rare Houston is not at least trying to upgrade in a trade in the Morey era.

B-Bob and ElPigto like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Kmart was awesome, I thoroughly enjoyed that era of basketball

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

a lot of people enjoy mediocrity

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not so much mediocrity as having a team that is fun to watch and fun to root for unlike this team. The Scola, Landry, Brooks, Dragic, Lowry type teams just needed a legit star to surround.

Crashlanded19 and B-Bob like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

we were the definition of mediocrity...not good enough to be the 8th seed, but not bad enough to get a good pick...basically 1 of the worst positions u could find yourself in

no star wanted to come here and play with the lovable scrubs and plethora of average to slightly above average players...I recall Morey trying to talk up the likes of Pau Gasol and trying to pass off Ariza as a star in the making because we were that desperate

people love rooting for a team with no expectations...if they lose, so what, and if they win or are competitive against a good team and lose, we can celebrate like they actually did something while seeing what we can get with the 14th pick

YOLO, ElPigto and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  14. Mr Chuck Norris

It’s like did you see what happened when harden or Gordon didn’t have the ball? Awful

HP3 likes this.
  15. Mr Chuck Norris

Baffles my mind. Those teams ****in sucked tf is chuck Hayes gonna do vs ad

HP3 and Reeko like this.
  16. defyoppression

All I remember is that this was an easy team to root for. Pushed a dynasty team. There was no quit in any of those guys, despite losing both of their superstars. Now we lose our 6th man and collapse. That 09 one of my favorites ever

Crashlanded19 and B-Bob like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

people romanticize about 09 when 17-18 was 10x better...

also, this clip isn’t from 09, it’s from our mediocre years where we had no star...the years so many of y’all seem to love so much

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

You know what’s funny, seeing the same people that were the loudest telling everyone that questioned the westbrick move They’re wrong, are also the ones thinking of the worst ideas for the next moves.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

I went against my instincts and wanted to believe in Westbrook...his 3 month stretch was objectively excellent, but since the bubble his level of play was on a level so atrocious I barely have the words to describe it...literally looked like Corey Brewer with high usage

his handle and passing dipped to the point that it’s now way below average for a guard...sh*t, even forwards like Pascal Siakam look like they have a tighter handle and better ball control...it’s horrendous

YOLO likes this.
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No, people love rooting for a team that is humble, plays hard, shares the ball, and has a good attitude. When you insert a star into a team like that, great things happen. It's what you saw in Toronto last year and Miami this year. There was never any question that those old teams gave everything they had on a regular basis, the knucklehead factor was low. No gimmicks, no extremism, no smartest guy in the room logic. Basically the opposite of this team.

ronclone and Crashlanded19 like this.