1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020/2021 Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gogispade, Sep 9, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

****ing DUMP RUSS for a half eaten bag of Doritos....anything he SUCKS in the playoffs and WILL NEVER overcome his declining athleticism because fundamentally he SUCKS at basketball.

DD

RocketOrg and tycoonchip like this.
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The worst part is that we altered the rest of the lineup to fit Westbrook, really unbelievable to me that we would compound the mistake that seemed obvious. I don't think Morey has full control, we have been fortunate enough to have had the right people making decisions until this new ownership came into play. Part of me thinks Morey's tweet at the beginning of the year was a reason for him to escape just in case, he's always thinking several moves ahead. Once Harden is gone, we will be on the Knicks level. We will have the worst record and then make draft mistakes.

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep! This here! He sucks in the season too.

4. dmoneybangbang

But we didn't since harden isn't catch and shooting/playing off the ball like he should.

5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I'm just not sold on the Covington move, I like the guy, but think having Clint and his lobs was great and made the offense a little more versatile. Hearing that the move was made to create room for Westbrook to shoot mid range was kind of surprising and just makes me hate him even more.

Also missing CP3 a lot, last years team i think would have won it all this year.

6. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

More doesn’t have full control? I called BS. He’s the GM. He’s the one that constructed this team, hired MDA, and brought in Westbrook, and decided to go all in on small ball. And before people claim we should’ve never made the trade for Westbrook, CP3 wasn’t gonna win a championship her either. It was never a good fit, not when you have Harden running the point. At this point the Rockets need to blow this team up and try like hell to get some good draft picks back along with a decent up-and-coming player.

saleem likes this.
  7. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Only real asset (without giving up other talent or picks) is Gordon. Expect him to be gone. Maybe whoever replaces Morey will pull a rabbit out of the hat and package Westbrook + Gordon in a multi-team trade for...honestly who is really available?

Kinda over this roster cobbling/alchemy that Morey has done. Deeply, deeply flawed.

8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Honestly, we have to ask some hard questions after this season. How many years can we keep banging at this with Harden? He had very low effort tonight on both ends of the floor. His passes were lackadaisical, and his effort was non existent at times.

J.R. likes this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

tank . OKC doesnt have our 22 pick .

Tell james and Russ to go vacation , rest up we will need them the year after

Let PJ go . Let rivers go , let green go

Try to shop Gordon for anything . but if not hes your PG , he will get injured in 20 games and ensure the tank .

Pick up a bunch of 2nd rounders and scrubs . Teach them to shoot 3's and play dirty . Get some big guys too

then next year we come back strong AF .

I wont go along with any plan that doesnt up our danger level . NBA disrespects us and teams know they can punch us in the nuts and we wont punch back. ONly reason we were so good in 17-19 is because CP3 is a dirty mofo.

Hire JVG , he will round those new players into form , plus if the NBA hoes us JvG has the balls to eat a fine.

FIre morey , I love him think hes a great GM ... but we have to pretend we want to make nice with the NBA and china .

The league will never give us a fair shake , at the very least we have to make them hurt.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. gogispade

gogispade Member

Talking abou premature... what now?

11. saner-s88

saner-s88 Member

keep russ
    add big PF or C
    add real shooter
    try to find real deal for gordon or keep him health
    find more versatile coach who can use whole roster

12. HROZ

HROZ Member

Think we end up getting a Centre and try resign Green
    And run it back

Its not what I'd advice. But probably ends up like this.

Westbrook
    Harden Gordon
    Covington House
    Tucker Green
    Baynes

Not sure what we do about House.
    Hopefully get Gerald back too.

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I am more disappointed in Harden Not Telling Daryl Morey to Sign Lou Dort out of Arizona State.

James was playing pickup against Dort all the time. Why didnt James mention him to Daryl.

This a huge loss. The Rockets needed more defense, plus his strength in the Laker Series.

Mike Dantoni not trusting Rookies is his downfall.

14. TheSource

TheSource Member

15. TimDuncanDonaut

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Chandler out, Ryan Anderson in.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thing is the Rockets have been reluctant to thoroughly rebuild in the past.

Expect some hybrid retooling which would be a waste of time.