1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/12/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Rockets are 2 pieces away from winning the chip. Need a better coach ( I WANT POP OR JVG ) and need someone to compliment Harden and Russ, and that’s not EG.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I feel bad for the chick harden gets with first night out of the bubble.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

OKC was an average offensive team all year, our D looked better than it was.

This seires is one sereis. Doubling Harden with Westbrook out there isnt some amazing strategy, he didnt prove anything.

Clippers will beat them.

That's fine, but Clippers are better than them and it will show next series.

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He isn’t gonna throw his best friend under the bus but I guarantee he’s thinking it right now. Also as long as MDA isn’t under contract no one should feel bad about seeing what’s out there.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Get Beverley and Morris ejected, get Lou Will in foul trouble or Montrezl.

It's pretty easy to get them rattled.

Lakers always played Clippers hard.

They got too many idiots too.

Even if they are better, it's still going 6 or 7.

ronclone likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, we'll see, I doubt it happens.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way are we better without Clint and Hartenstein. None of these guys who replaced Clint are putting up the double doubles he did. Even with Clint Westbrook was averaging 30 pts a game.

Now we don't have the ally oops, we don't have the shot blocking, and we don't have a consistent scorer at center. Plus, we are being completely dominated on rebounds and at the rim.

Here's what I think about going all in on small ball..............

giphy (32).gif

Little Bit likes this.
  8. The Law

The Law Member

It’s so much more relaxing coming by to see the ship catching fire in the BBS when you don’t care about the team anymore.

For those of you with heart or blood pressure issues, you should try the Not Caring approach, super rewarding.

They tried a goofy ass system. It got them as far as the goofy ass system could take them.

ronclone, TWS1986 and payaso like this.
  9. sw847

sw847 Member

Never fully handed the keys? Bro u need to stop making excuses for him. Undersized pf? Bringing in over the hill “superstars”? Carmelo? Trading away our entire foreseeable future? Other than harden, he has been average at best. Look at the Celtics, clippers, Denver, lakers, Miami etc....those are good gms, Really hope he does take another job

10. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Harden has spoken. We need another piece! o_O

12. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

i hope the east wins the championship.

BigShasta, SORF, deb4rockets and 3 others like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would gladly do a bet next season though.

This year is too crazy, plus I am saving money in these harsh times. I am adamant.

Would be another bet on another team though, the Warriors or whoever wins it this year.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm done with watching any more playoffs. The only bright side for me is to get the disappointment over quicker, instead of prolonging it like every other year. I'd rather lose early than get my hopes all up and think we're actually gonna win it all just to be crushed again. I'd lie if I said I wasn't still sad though.

I'm not mad at our guys. I'm not blaming any of them. Thank you Rockets for entertaining me this year. Sorry you had to be suckered into playing without any bigs. That's not on you. You tried to do with what you were given. Maybe next year Morey will think "bigger".

TWS1986, BigShasta, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  15. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Yeah, don't know about that. The Clippers have Doc Rivers as coach. As this series showed, coaching matters. Doc will keep Harrell in when he keeps getting owned on the inside, he'll have Lou Williams in when he's jacking brick after brick, he'll have Pat Bev in thinking he's playing any defense. The Lakers aren't necessarily the better team but I think they're the smarter team.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Small ball is like having to play small ball of a tester.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Talent wins out in the end, however big you think the gap is between Rives and Vogel, its waaaay larger between the Clippers and Lakers...I think Doc is better personally.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

You think the Lakers are winnning it all?

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tucker says Harden needs bigger balls but protect latter against Chris Paul's nutpunching.

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Me too, but I'm not watching. I'll record the Finals game and only watch it if the East wins. I just want to see the disappointment on whichever LA team is playing if they lose the Championship winning game.

BigShasta likes this.