1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enjoy These Last Years of Harden's Prime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Sep 12, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We haven't won a championship and we likely won't be winning a championship during the Harden era, but it's been fun.

Personally, I don't look forward to the years without Harden. Ownership is suspect. I also don't want to gamble on trading Harden for draft picks. We will likely get hosed in any deal since Harden will be exiting his prime in the next couple of years.

Sure, playoffs with Harden have been heart breakers, but we been there a couple of times.

I don't know man, I am bummed out how this season is ending, but this is the life of Rockets fan. Enjoyed talking hoops this year with you all, looking forward to next season.

pr0wler, arubato, clos4life and 35 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden era has indeed been fun...all the heartbreak and tough endings would make a championship that much sweeter

it probably won’t happen here for him unfortunately

life after Harden will be pitiful

1 series win in almost 20 years before Harden in 2015

who knows when we’ll get another play that’s around his level...could easily be a decade plus

things will get real ugly

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Hard to enjoy seeing a man fail over and over again.

napalm06, Crashlanded19, lw17 and 5 others like this.
  4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Hope Harden can join a championship team like KD. I hope he can join warriors. Houston owe him a champion using this coach

farhen, Nook and Lawlruschang like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

let's not be too dramatic. rox can trade harden and another team will get to enjoy the last couple of years of his prime.

Easy, HP3, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

he hasn't been the one failing other than some individual bad games which happens to every player

Theking likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hard to do when we underperform so badly.

Underperformance is the most frustrating to watch, and over performance is the most enjoyable.

Easy, B-Bob and lw17 like this.
  8. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

WHERE ALL THAT HEART AND DOG HARDEN SPOKE OF AFTER GAME 1 ?!?!?

lw17 and matchesmalone like this.
  9. pass_to_Hakeem

Harden needs a Star , a leader. He isn’t a leader. He’s a great scorer but we have no Lebron or Durant type leader that can take over a game.

“small ball” is a joke!!

“No Defense” is a joke

10. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

**** Harden, I’d rather be a **** team for a while then getting embarrassed every year in the playoffs while having the softest stars.

ronclone, Crashlanded19, lw17 and 4 others like this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I haven't enjoyed it all that much to be honest. I think Hardens good, but it's hard to assemble a team around him. I also think Morey's incredibly stubborn and overated in player development

Crashlanded19 and Farhan583 like this.
  12. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

We had a leader in CP3, not anymore.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We had that in CP3 for one year.

No one else will come close to it. I never agreed with the Westbrook trade and it killed me seeing how CP3 played this year.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think that's the biggest downer of it all. The Harden years win or lose should be fun but just too often this team just flames out instead of being a feisty team of overachievers thats fights tooth & nail even in a loss. This Rockets team just never really competed in this series when it mattered. Great game 1, good in game 2, but then it was just all downhill from there.

If this team runs it back again next year it'll be really hard to have a "let's just sit back and enjoy it" kind of attitude honestly. You'll always just be asking yourself "okay but will they compete in the playoffs?"

I anticipate some major changes this fall. I just can't see how the front office, Tillman, and especially Harden can look at this situation and think that next year it'll all just click. I honestly won't be shocked if Harden asks for a trade unfortunately. He's not an idiot.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't. Been there during the Francis/Mobley era and then Post Yao/Pre Harden era. It wasn't as much fun, personally.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Allen Iverson 2.0 - a great individual scorer but not good enough to win it all.

We need a new coach that will put in a system like Phil Jackson did for Jordan and Kobe that got them to move off the ball and let the role players touch the ball and be effective.

If we don't get that, then I am 100% behind trading Harden and starting completely over.

He will NEVER WIN ANYTHING as a ball dominant player.

DD

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would not either. He's been loyal to the organization so if he wants a change I wouldn't be mad.

dobro1229 likes this.
  18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He had 30 points. He was the only one tonight who actually gave a ****. And he's been great against the Lakers in the series. It's his trash teammates who didn't help him out. Lebron and David got big help from their supporting cast. Big difference.

xhanif143x likes this.
  19. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

thanks for the energy man, hope I can see it brighter tomorrow. Please don't read the Hollinger's article in the Athletic, it's going to break your heart

ElPigto likes this.
  20. Aware

Aware Member

its been fun but his window here is all but shut. no way we can ever win with russ and james.

that damn hamstring, man.
    taking down those warriors would have put him down as a goat.

B-Bob and matchesmalone like this.