1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're IN!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tigerknee, Apr 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

my girl wants to party all the time
    party all the time
    party all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. max8sg

max8sg Member

In theory, Denver and Utah are still have chance to be ahead of Rockets, if they win all 3 and we lost all 3, because they've got better conference records than us. Denver's next 3 games will vs Portland, Kings and Spurs, it's hard to image Denver to win all. But who knows.

I hope Rockets build on their momentum and beat Utah the next game.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

YEAH, BAY-BEE~! Houston Rockets #1~! Gonna shock the world and break our own record of lowest seed to ever win the NBA World Championship!

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Thanks for explaining it daoshi, I forgot about the 3-way tiebreaker. BOOOYAAAAHHHH!!!!!

5. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i kind of like us playing sacramento

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Wow most entertaining game in years. It's only fitting that Cat and Steve carried the team to victory in the 2nd half.

Great job Rockets!

7. lovethisgametoo

If T-Wifes are the first spot in the West, isn't it better for Rockets to lose all three remaining games and possibly earn an golden opportunity to advance to the second round ?????.........

I say Let's go for it !!

8. RocksMillenium

Nothing begins or ends a party like a Rick James jam! Yeah Eddie Murphy sung it, but Rick James wrote it, and if you watched the video, Rick James basically sung the video as well!

9. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

Clutch gets to go home now :D

10. droxford

droxford Member

Oh my God - wasn't that Eddie Murphy?!?!? You chose an Eddie Murphy song? Eddie f***ing Murphy?

lol

-- droxford

11. moomoo

moomoo Member

Is there any possibility of us dropping to the 8th seed to play Minny?

12. RocksMillenium

I expect the Rockets to play much better in the playoffs. All the pressure is off of them now that they clinched a playoff berth. And anybody they play in the playoffs the Rockets are going to be the underdog. This team should play loose and together now!

13. hulk

hulk Contributing Member

Congratulations to Rox. Bring Wolfs on.

14. user

user Member

No way. We can tank all we want but the other teams won't gonna win all 3 games left.

15. user

user Member

Remember that Rockets has the worst record against Westen teams? I don't think they will get much better overnight. But hey, this is the No. 1 defensive team in the league we are talking about.

16. syin1

syin1 Member

Wait a second!!! Guys!!!

Mathematically, we are still not clinched in the playoffs. Here is why:

Utah and Denver win all the three left, and we lose all the three in a roll, we'll tie with them 44:38. But denver and utah get the better conference record, We're out! The possibility: 1/8X1/8x1/8=1/512

But that's ALMOST iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimpossible and we'll in!!!

GO ROCKETS!!

17. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

You are welcome!

Now let's discuss who we want to face in the playoff. Should we lose to the Jazz tomorrow, so we can try to drop to 8th, or should we just go ahead, beat the crap out of Utah, clinch the 7th?:confused:

18. RocksMillenium

Depends. If it's a 3-way tie then the Rockets are the #7 seed. But if the Rockets finish with identical records with Denver I THINK Denver has the tiebreaker so Denver would be the #7 seed. Or, if the Rockets lose the rest of their games and Utah gets in, and the Rockets have an identical record then Utah, then Utah would be the #7 seed, Rocks #8. But if Portland makes it the Rockets are the #7 seed no matter what. Either way, the Rockets would have to lose the rest of their games and Denver or Utah would have to win the rest of theirs for the Rockets to fall to the #8 seed. I think we're pretty much locked into the #7 seed, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

19. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's my question. If the Rockets lose all 3 remaining games, and Denver and Utah win all three of their games, that leaves it a 3 way tie at 44-38. Now, the Rockets are 2-2 against both teams, so that doesn't help. But both the Nuggets and Jazz have better conference records, so wouldn't that put them in and the Rockets out?

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Let's just beat Utah and eliminate all the "what ifs."

The odds of NOT being in are miniscule, but I want that final nail just to be sure.

#40 thumbs, Apr 9, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2004