1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

guess itll likely be a new xbox exclusive. i dont understand the stats yall are using for tech performance. the only difference between 500 xbox and 300 is 4k graphics verse slightly less 4k graphics?

2. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

ya its just a work desktop, guess ima start talking my self into this new xbox now lol

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Did you lower the settings to get more fps? I haven't tried it yet but I'm probably going to wait for the 3080 card to run it.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Unlike most other games I'm content with around 30 fps for this game due to the nature of civilian aviation. This game's center piece for most people is going to be the breathtaking visuals so I'll sacrifice some frames for just how dang beautiful the game looks.

Now if this was combat flight simulation flying fighter jets I probably would care more about targeting 60 fps.

A 3080 would run this game amazingly (4k ultra 60 fps). Also there will be a major performance improvement in the game's future when they transition to dx12 and implement DLSS 2.0.

#304 fchowd0311, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    CCity Zero and TexasTofu like this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on not worrying about fps in this situation and also, very good points - I haven't played a game like this in forever, but I now am recalling giving up fps too on the older Flight Sims to get as many details as possible (especially when a game didn't feature combat or competitive multiplayer). I'm really looking forward to the new gpus and consoles.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol I remember when I was a little kid my dad had a desktop with FS2000 and how 15 fps was "good". Ya playing flight sims back in the day was like playing a slide show. In relative terms FS2020 is far more optimized as it's the first MS flight sim to actually utilize multiple cores.

Here's a video of a gameplay that microsoft used in their tutorials in fs2000 just to show how much of a slide show the old sims used to be.

7. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

omg that was amazing. nice like joke about almost hitting the empire state buidling in the last 10 seconds to lolllllll

CCity Zero, Blatz and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

500GB SSD vs 1 TB and a Blu-ray Drive. It is like a mid-range gaming PC vs. a top of the line gaming PC. Yes, you can play the same games, but the experience will be different.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

tinman and RC Cola like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hot dog we're on our way!

tmoney1101 and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

The headline makes it sounds like it will hurt multi-platform PS5 titles, though it would also hurt exclusive Xbox games (devs might not be able to fully take advantage of XSX). PS5 exclusives wouldn't be affected though, so I guess those devs can relax a bit. IIRC one of those devs wanted 128GB of RAM, so I guess they won't be truly happy regardless. :p

I admit, I'm a bit more concerned the more I think about this issue, especially given the dev comments. For some reason, I totally glossed over the RAM in the XSS. It does seem a bit limiting, especially if a good chunk needs to go to the OS and another decent chunk to the CPU (presumably the same amount as what XSX would need). Doesn't leave much left over for graphics, and I don't know how much resolution scaling can help (and how do texture resolutions work with dynamic resolution scaling anyway?)

I can imagine some ways that MS will help make this easier for devs (e.g., lots of automated tools to help with scaling down), but this would be something to keep an eye on, especially once we're past this "cross-gen" phase.

Oh and on a side-note, MS did confirm that the XSS can only play the Xbox One S versions of games and not the Xbox One X versions (i.e., no One X enhancements for XSS). Probably not a big deal to most, but hopefully no one is planning on replacing their Xbox One X with the XSS. This definitely makes clear the the XSS is the successor to the Xbox One S, and the XSX is the successor to the Xbox One X.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Beezy

Beezy Member

There was concern that 16GB of RAM was a bit less than desirable for next gen (24GB was speculated before the reveals). Having a box with less RAM that devs will have to work around is a bummer.

I think both of the new Xbox systems look nice (it's nuts how small the Series S is) but I'm sticking with my decision to get a PS5 first (as long as it's $499) and keep my X1X on the Xbox side for now.

tmoney1101 and tinman like this.
  13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ion-5-showcase-on-wednesday-september-16/amp/
    Looks like we'll have PS5 details next week.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The whole Xbox Series X presentation leaked:

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will the series s run and scale old Xbox games better than the X1X?
    I got the X1X and don’t know if the S would be much of an upgrade or an upgrade . Also have an external ssd on it

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Series S will not play the upgraded X1X versions of games and instead artificially scale, adding the bad ram it will very likely be worse than just using your X1X.

I'd stick with your X1X and buy a Series X later when you feel comfortable with it, the Series S isn't an upgrade really and even if you want to play next-gen games, it will handle those worse than the Series X and probably only display downgraded/lite versions of graphically demanding titles, or reduce fps.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'll just wait till all these systems are out and see how things run on them.
    i'll be fine with cyberpunk for a while

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Eh, I'll skip the consoles and get a RTX 3080.

20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This is the same exact situation I’m in. I’m teetering back and fourth. Main reason is I sold all ps4 games with my ps4 a couple years ago and I’m paid up on game pass ultimate for like a year and a half.