1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/10/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Alkaholic

Alkaholic Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Even we get 2 MVP, it cannot attract high quality players to join. Morey should try to take Morris from celtics. Actually he can use harden friendship to get it and finally get bruno and prince Luc which are unuseful. He should think about to tweak the opponents. Only save money cannot get champion

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I predicted that one perfectly too. I had 100 percent confidence in this outcome. All three teams are gimmicky bs right now.

htwnbandit likes this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He had a bad shooting night, but he found other ways to score and create. That's the thing.... even if Harden is shooting terribly, he finds other ways to score and create. He was also getting double-teamed. He just didn't have this space.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This whole NBA thing is BS now they deserve terrible ratings... not for BLM but because their entertainment value is trash. The competitive factor is fake and weak. That's why I'm done with it this year. Wouldn't be surprised if Lebron is presented the 2020 championship trophy by Adam Silver and Scott Foster.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

foster is reffing tonite's BOS-TOR game. the most interesting thing to watch will be which team silver favors lol

#1426 pippendagimp, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    daywalker02 likes this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would rather have Lowry down the stretch with the ball than Harden. Or Vanvleet even

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Then you're an idiot. This stuff is just straight up dumb Vanvleet LOOL.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Its going to be Boston easily.. The best possible outcome for the league right now is

LA -LA WCF

Bos-Mia - ECF

Lakers and Boston advancing to the finals for another Celtics/Lakers match up

LeBron age at 35 leading the Lakers to their 17th title (i think this would match Celtics as a franchise) in his 17th year - the year kobe tragically passed away etc etc.

the narratives write themselves.

10. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Damn, 72 pages on this thread. I am at a loss.
    Nothing left to say other than please compete in game five and show your fans you give a crap.

It is definitely going to be disappointing hearing all the trash if we lose like we put ourselves in a hole or blaming the virus on things.
    I honestly thought this team was one of the top teams built for a neutral site playoffs. No home court, may the best team win.

Damn, damn, damn!

11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

To those saying House isn't a difference maker or why we lose the series... I'd just say its not that simple or extreme.

Yes, Houston may have lost either way. We were 4th seed, inconsistent, and picked to lose on all sides.

The Rockets are a tightly-knitted dark horse though, and there is no margin for error for this team to have a shot. This team CAN beat anyone, but they can't have injuries and missing players. Not with MDA's short rotations, or gimmicky smallball.

I do completely believe that WITH House.... his 10+ pts, 30min/game, ability to do something with the ball, there are a lot more options. I believe this would be a 2-2 series if we had our 6th man. G3 was tight throughout, LAL merely breaking away with a few mins left, and G4 was ridiculous, but included 2 games of distraction and the Lakers knowing we had even more of a weak spot that could count on, losing by 10.

This should be an even series, and I think the main reason we've lost 3 in a row is because our team is incomplete, and THIS team can't be missing a rotation player and thrive. The Lakers? They can, they have different ways that they can beat you, most teams do.

We don't, so we need everybody. Take any of our top 7 out and we're still down 1-3. All together those 3 games though? This is tied. Just my take. There is a lot more going on, sure, but a guy like House means more to this group than many realize. If our fans don't realize it, then no way media and casuals do.

HewbieTrippin and BigShasta like this.
  12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I agree. You can’t double Harden with House on the floor because House makes you pay by either dunking or shooting the three.
    You take away House now you’re left with EG or ARivers and we’ve seen how that panned our

bro2044 likes this.
  13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think Westbrook broke the spirit of ClutchFans lol.

14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Exactly why do Morey keep signing ppl who don’t have a chance of playing.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think this whole House BD did actually.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Probably. It all sucks.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Unless we win this round. But, I don't have much confidence left now.

bulkatron likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly. Notice as soon as the Warriors become irrelevant the Lakers and Clippers are super relevant... all this is California based. The NBA is full of **** with their bs agendas. Wouldn't be surprised to see Boston win in a blowout. At least Toronto is a big money fan base. Boston is one of those franchises the league will also protect.

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ain't happening. I can see Houston winning the next two then getting beat by 50 points in game 7. That's another very likely scenario that's in the scripts.

adoo likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Since the 90's the life of a Rockets fan is full of ups and downs, and hopes of finally winning another championship, but the story never ends well. Being an Oilers / Texans fan is even worse. Ugh.

Cstyle42 likes this.