1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Is this the end of the Daryl Morey era?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Sep 10, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think Morey's value is diminishing as the league catched on to the three point era and hines in how to defend this style of offense.

2. Mr. Space City

so he goes from the best GM to an above average GM. that's fine.

3. fchowd0311

It's difficult to tell. Did Morey's success purely rely on him having a novel idea where the league didn't catch up yet and now it did?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Although I am no longer a Morey believer, I doubt Tilman can find a better replacement than Morey.
    Then again, I hope we can pull a comeback against the Fakers so we don't have to deal with this mess.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude...you are quoting me, I have discussed with you. I have agreed with some of your points, I havent name called you. I have also disagreed with you, and I've explained problems with your analysis. If you are too sensitive for that.....that's fine. I havent been quoting you YOU HAVE BEEN QUOTING ME. If harassing you is disagreeing with you, please put me on ignore. You don't need to worry about it anymore. And now you are calling me pathetic, okay man....lol.

6. fchowd0311

You resort to things like "you are a unproductive poster". That's what we call an ad hominem. It doesn't have to be laced with profanity. You attack the poster more than you address the content.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You cannot give a example of another all star player on a championship contender who was allowed to have "down year". A down year is just a imaginery term you made up to excuse Chris Pauls **** tier play last year that destroyed our championship chances.

And no wow it takes him a whole year to come back in shape? I didn't get that memo at all, does Chris Paul have a disability that require him 365 days to get in game shape not injure himself 2 weeks into the season. I guess he should have told Rockets management that he was going to play like **** for 2018-2019 because his vegan diet only goes into effect in 2020.

8. Mr. Space City

not entirely. the novel idea was a way to maximize production around a cheap owner and a coach that doesn't like to play young players.

bmelo and HP3 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

I thought it was 3>2 and iso heavy offense?

Exiled likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

But I have lol...many times? I've explained to you a lot about you how points are wrong. The whole Harden off ball movement isnt the problem here. There is literally a dude who made a thread breaking down the traps. And yet it's all Harden Harden Harden when he statistically has been the least of our problems. I'm sorry if you think unproductive poster(which im pretty sure I've never called you) is a very mean thing lol. I'm pretty sure the most I've said about you is that you make dumb points without backing them up....which...uhh you still have failed to do.

11. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

What good is Morey if he doesn't have the final say?
    According to most of you he didn't want Westbrook.
    I say let his ass go and let the poor mans Jerry Jones run the show baby....

12. Mr. Space City

it's 3 + 2 + 1.

bmelo and HP3 like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Comical people still trying to talk about cp3 to try and defend westbrick. Give it a rest already. Westbrick is a garbage low iq player that can’t shoot. Always has been. That’s why everyone left him. Somewhere along the line most of y’all thought ohhhh bff’s he’s going to magically play better and help harden. You have to be best friends to win in this league. Such a gimmick from day 1. Only he made life a nightmare for harden. People not guarding him and constant traps. Lineups without harden and wb led being compete huge negatives all year long. Then they had to give up a true big and future assets just to help his fit. Just disastrous.

HP3 likes this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

In CP3 we trust, the greatest PG to put on a rockets uniform, top 3 PG all time. Open your eyes to the truth brother, it will liberate you

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Player's have down years all the time....that's a common thing in sports...sheesh.

It took a whole summer for him to change his diet and implement better work out regiments yea.....this is a waste of time lol.

16. fchowd0311

Do I really need to quote you dude? Now you are blatantly lying. You've reaidloty have used as hominems about how I suck as a poster lol. Come on dude. Don't play coy.

And no they YouTube video of one man's opinion from one quarter of one game of Harden's career doesn't disprove what I see night in and night out.

Harden males it easy for teams to double him. It's that simple. He does two things. He either walks up the court with ball or he walks up the court without the ball and hovers around the three point line usually setting some sort of screen and proceeds to stand around. That's what he does repeatedly minis a few occasions in his career late in playoff games.

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

any time you can trade an all-time great player to start a rebuild to acquire an all-time great player, you've gotta do it.

HP3 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

What have I said to you? Like have I ever said anything derogatory towards you? I've criticized how you post without backing things up and rely on your eye tests. I then said that when confronted with evidence, you double downed which is what you are doing right now. Im not being coy....I'm sorry if you me saying your takes are bad hurt your feelings. Really...I wont quote you anymore. But you gotta stop quoting me first.

Also that guy is one of the most respected analysts in basketball who uses stats and film to back up his assertions...sheesh

The doubles have only really been a problem THIS PLAYOFFS though...and that's because our spacing is bad, because of Westbrook. If that wasnt true the Harden only lineups would be doing poorly.

#199 HP3, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I think Morey is fine and is a damn good GM. I do wish that our President was a face of a Franchise that could attract players. The heat have Pat Riley as President and a GM that makes magic happen. We need to replace Tad Brown with like Rudy T or Hakeem.