1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Hate this roster, can't stand it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Sep 10, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can't believe we traded a PG that protects the ball shoots 40+% from three for a fading athlete who can't shoot, and doesn't fit with Harden.

Harden needs the ball - he has to have it.....Russ as inefficient as he is.....also needs the ball to be better.

This small ball bullshit is killing me, we have no rebounding, we have no movement, Harden walks the ball up while a 98 year old Lebron pushes the pace for the early 3 balls.

If I am Mike D'Antoni - I want out - this is a mess, and it is NOT going to get better, Morey has made this team worse every year since we had the shot against GS.

This team is going NOWHERE with Harden - we need a strong coach that can HELP him lead as he is just not a guy that has that KILL TO WIN mentality.

Russ does, but he sucks at fundamentals and the next time he jumps in the air with nowhere to go with the ball I am going to lose all my hair - he is just a DUMBASS on the basketball court. Love him in his off court stuff, but HATE HATE HATE the way he plays, just stupid decision making.

IMHO, you could even trade Harden - and start all over.....

As a Rocket fan since 1972, this is the most frustrated I have ever been, they literally have killed an all time greats career with BULLSHIT number chasing, not considering what happens when you run into a taller team with equal or better talent.

Our coaching sucks, or is too weak to do what is necessary, our GM has given control to our best player who SUCKS as a GM - and our owner is a cheap assed con man.

UGH - this tests my loyalty.....where are you Gene Peterson and Jim Foley - where is the heart of a champion Rudy, how did we get so many players who just worry about instagram and not winning basketball games...

UGH...ok, I will say it so you don't have to...."Ok Boomer"
    **** this is frustrating - blow up this **** roster and start over.

DD

[/trytoendrant]

IvanLCPM, Rudyc281, Imanimal and 46 others like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

is this an anti jinx thread or a real analysis?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wish it was anti-jinx, but it is just straight up truth.

DD

4. macan

macan Member

Tilman and Harden made the trade..
    and looks like we gonna stuck with Tilman for a long while..
    Les > Tilman

Blake, mastan and BallSoHarden like this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It really is shocking that no one in a position of power saw this. There is a reason Harden came off the bench in OKC. There is a reason Westbrook has never been successful in the playoffs, even though he has had a player that is better than him next to him nearly his entire career. I think those that wanted Westbrook did not watch him play regularly, and just saw highlights and the positive attention he receives on the major networks and in social media. KD and PG left for a reason.

Westbrook is the real life version of Carlton Banks ripping the ball out of Will's hands and shooting the last shot. In case you haven't seen it, he misses badly.

#5 BallSoHarden, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I disagree... This **** hilarious to watch... This was a predictable end IMO, 3 years ago.... I was hoping a championship would happen inbetween... But I saw this analytical train wreck coming, with or without WB....

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hate spamming 50+ threes with bricklayers and never ever ever adjusting style of play...we rarely see something different...we occasionally get a Russ or Harden postup, but that’s it

Harden bought into Moreyball too much, got indoctrinated, and now his game is limited...14-15 and even 15-16, his game was well rounded...post ups, midrange, assisted threes, PnR...his midrange and postup game is dead, he never gets spot ups, and the PnR is pretty much dead as well...it’s just ISO at the key or drive

ak99999, T for 3, IvanLCPM and 16 others like this.
  8. Aware

Aware Member

were married to this roster for a while

9. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

did we really need a new thread for this

the enormous amount of junk in the garm is nuts

icewill36 likes this.
  10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Football is starting, time to move on.

11. deshen

deshen Member

It is very fortunate it won't be sweep.

jeevinesh likes this.
  12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Nope i have faith that morey will find a new home for westbrook in the CBA

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Buckle up baby we have no cap room, no picks, no assets. This is the squad for the next 3 years

14. Aware

Aware Member

i hope, man.
    its going to be tough for morey to pull something off when we dont even have picks to sweeten a deal.

15. deshen

deshen Member

Westbrook is not the problem in this game. His efficiency is above team average so far.

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

look at it from a business point of view. We were going nowhere with paul. nowhere with capela. now we reset with russ and cov.....

the story isn't finished.

we need to add more pieces. it'll be an interesting summer. if the heat can get all those young undrafted rookies. we can fiind them too.

i'm happy to have beaten paul. we're not supposed to beat this team.

JoeBarelyCares and dawesome like this.
  17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

westbrook has been playing just fine.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’d enjoy blowing it up more than seeing this lineup come back next year. Dangle harden in front of Milwaukee and Philly and see who can put together a better package. Trade westbrook for other bloated contracts and try and be a top 3 worst team so okc can eat a dick.

Morey became famous for fleecing OKC and this stupid trade with OKC might cost him his job.

BigShasta and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They are letting him because the everyone knows westbrook can't beat the lakers.

daywalker02 and Rocketeer4Life like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

GARM posts are almost always junk. But their tone often reflect the results of the team.