1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the price so he could play with his "buddy"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Sep 8, 2020.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

vs a guy that had the balls to call him out for the poor strategy we employed in the post season last year.

Don't blame RW, this is who he has been his ENTIRE career. The idea that he should somehow change into a completely different player is stupid. Don't blame him.

Not knee jerk, but looking at long term the best strategy for this team is to unload for picks...because otherwise its gonna be an ugly couple of years with no upside

jcmoon, ICEibuPROfen, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yup.

Harden stans will blame Tilman and only Tilman but I'm sorry but why other than being his friend did Harden want Westbrook?

Total loser, never won anything in OKC.
    Couldn't do it with Durant, Oladipo or George. 2 of the 3 left him. "Can't win with this guy."
    Does nothing the Rockets preach or like/want to do.

Way to seal your own fate James.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if Harden wishes he had CP3

tycoonchip and javal_lon like this.
  4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Can't fault a man for choosing happiness over material things ... In this case being, a ring, trophy, statue, and a downtown street named after him...

5. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

I don't blame it on RW. It's the same old Harden that gives me the same bad feeling every year.

He just doesn't have it man. Tilman was not wrong about that "Killer instinct". The guy is massivly gifted but just chose to defer again and again at critical moments. He's mentality is like the typical 9-to-5 guy at the workplace -- "If we lost, so be it. I've done my part". You don't see that fire in him. It upsets me most when I see him standing pat there after defering the ball to a teammate. Like it's none of his business.

whiskeyred, Nelly, jcmoon and 5 others like this.
  6. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

7. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

8. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

once he brings kd to houston we'll all be fine

don't forget serge ibaka

9. HP3

HP3 Member

My god guys do you not see what the hell happens in these games. Like game after game everyone thinks it's Harden's fault when they are double teaming him every possession.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. bmelo

bmelo Member

Russ is not healthy, he has no lift. He barely dunked that alleyoop he would have his head above the rim on his usual spring. This is just classic rockets luck - put all eggs into one basket and watch guys get injured its been that way since I follow this team

saleem, jcmoon, Ramo$e and 1 other person like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think we were beating the Lakers with CP3.

My hope was that Lebron had slowed down but nope, that's same ol' Bron out there. Dominating. He kept his team in that game mostly by himself, getting stops, making big bucket after big bucket, and now he knows no one is stopping him at getting to the rim.

Rockets won't double, they won't adjust, not that it would matter. Lebron is just a champion, and you saw the heart of a champion in Rondo tonight who turned into Curry when his team needed it.

Our role players shrunk when we needed them. If Harden is doubled people have to hit shots.

Russ actually hit his shots tonight. Dude was even 50% from three. Them doubling Harden, Russ got his points. But no one else did.

saleem, Rudyc281, jcmoon and 7 others like this.
  12. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

He has to be thinking of it. I know CP3 looked washed last year, but to agree trading for WB at any cost, simply was erratic and made no sense. To think Harden/WB pairing would work because of their relationship was comical but I doubt Harden really has the drive or innately cares about winning it all. Lebron quietly refused to allow LA sign Melo when the chatter about him was high, because he realizes friendships don’t win championships!! Moreover, management/Morey should have known better that this pairing would not and could bring a chip.
    I agree with the OP, the only way forward is to try to unload WB for picks, get a corner stone player plus picks for Harden while allowing him to chase a ring, and press the reset!

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  13. EurostepHarde

EurostepHarde Member

I hate this forum

14. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

I would not have this comment if I didn't watch the game. His box score is fine but his late game performance is not. Ball watching has nothing to do with double team. Off-ball movement creates space and opportunities. Guys like Curry consistently move around to find open shot. Harden defers and stands 5 feet away from the 3 point line. You need to watch the game more closely.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

I'm watching it fine. Harden creates 4 on three situations, dudes should be able to capitalize on that. He's not Steph Curry, he doesnt need to run around screens like that. Eric Gordon was outplayed by Rondo. You need to watch it closely, stop letting your biases influence you.

saleem, Lawlruschang and jordnnnn like this.
  16. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Wouldn’t mattered anyways

17. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

I have been a big fan for Harden's Rockets for years. I don't know what you are talking about in terms of bias. You can't possibly tell me EG got out played by 40 years old Rondo is the main reason we lost. I watched enough NBA playoff games to know who decides these games down the stretch. When a guy has three consecutive scoring title, yes, my expectation is very high.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

He was getting doubled and made the right play. If we had more spacing, or a guy who could come through in the clutch as well itd be different. But we dont have a release valve for Harden.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden had problems with other star players' egos.

The writing was on the wall the entire time.

Jimmy Butler had problems too but that has more to do with playing hard and ultimate winning.

Book it. Durant and Brodie are the only superstar guys who won't have much problems playing with him.

Maybe Lebron when he is 37.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I bet Harden feels the same.