1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a Scott Foster game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Bron vs Lenard has better ratings. Rockets gonna get bad calls, that will lead to upset tonight if houston keeps it close.

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I called it Friday night.

D-rock and linvetb6 like this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

We won the last Foster game. We'll win this one.

D-rock and linvetb6 like this.
  4. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Ugh what a nba/china move..... expect weird ghost calls and no foul shots.

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Looks like Tony Brothers is being saved for a game 7 if there is one.

6. CertifiedTroll

I think this scenario is a joke. I do have a real question though, how often do refs get repeat teams to ref like this?

A quick google search says there is 70 refs in the bubble.. So if it was completely random, I suppose there would be around a 4% chance of this happening naturally.

7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

PJ Tucker will be in foul trouble most the game. Lakers will not commit many fouls, especially 4th quarter

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You guys should tweet the Foster track records, like Game 7 about his records with Chris Paul and the Rockets. Get it viral. Get the media and the announcers to talk about it. Even if we lose by unfair officiating, make them feel the shame.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

70 refs for 4 series, the probability of a particular ref to officiate a particular team within the first two games is about 9%. Maybe some math buff here can confirm.

But I think not every ref is qualified to be a crew chief. So we have to know the number of crew chiefs to be sure.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  10. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

Nothing to worry. Rockets Hobbits will win against the mighty power of Scott Foster (Saruman) and LeBron James (Sauron).

diehardrockets and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because he hates CP3. But dont kid yourself, he hate Harden too.

Those mysterious fouls to try at end of OKC game 7 were not in Rockets favor.

If Rockets are hitting their 3's, even Scott Foster cannot save the Lakers but expect someone on Rockets to foul out.

luckyman76, whiskeyred, King1 and 2 others like this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

BECAUSE IT’s FIXED!!!!!

13. Major

Major Member

According to this:

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/08/16/nba-officials-2020-nba-playoffs-official-release

There were 45 referees at the start of the bubble, but there were also many more games each day. I assume as the regular season ended and then the playoffs have fewer and fewer teams, they probably send some refs home? Similar to regular playoffs where not all the refs are assigned as playoff refs.

I assume we'll probably be seeing the same regular rotation of 5 or 6 crews going forward, and maybe even fewer once we get to the next round. No real reason to keep people in the bubble if they aren't needed.

Edit: 45 to start the bubble. 36 for the first round of the playoffs: https://www.nba.com/article/2020/08/16/nba-officials-2020-nba-playoffs-official-release

Easy likes this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

No thanks to Foster or the refs. They tried to give the game to okc with that phantom Harden call at the end of the game. And countless other times. Rockets won despite the refs. Lal is no okc.

15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I am so annoyed by all the posters in here that say every time we lose it’s because of the referees. The only legitimate time this had ever been the case is with Scott Foster. There is actual evidence of him talking to Daugherty hundreds of times the weeks he was doing his act. He is the NBA fixer and that is why we won the OKC game. Nobody wanted OKC in the next round. Bad for NBA viewership. Stick a fork in tonight’s game....

16. Major

Major Member

Define "always". The Rockets have played 8 playoff games so far, and he's called 1 of them (2 out of 9 after tonight).

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Maybe I'm still coming off being extremely grateful the Rockets won a potentially franchise ending game 7 against OKC, but I'm not worried. Rockets went a whole 7 game series not getting any calls and getting out shot from the ft line by 50 attempts.

Rockets have experience winning games big when the refs are against them.

You saw how many times EG got to the line in game 1? EG got 6 whole fts. Yeah that sh-t is never happening again.

AD about to get 20 fts before halftime, but Rockets can overcome it, they have had plenty of practice..

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Just in time for him to also have to ref a potential game 7.

Little Bit and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

To be fair, that phantom away from the play foul wasn’t Foster. That was Fraher. He did make that extremely odd across the other side of the floor, loose ball foul call on Harden, though. Hopefully D’Antoni is able to save that challenge for late in the 4th, in case there is a ridiculous call against us. I wish you would get another challenge, if the first was deemed successful.

Does anyone know the history between Harden and Foster? Obviously they don’t like each other and the Rockets’ record in games officiated by Foster is bad, but why? What did Harden do to upset Foster? Can this be traced back to a moment in a game, or something? Just strange...

Get after it, play hard and stay in the game. Foster doesn’t affect if our guys are engaged and playing hard, and are hitting their shots. It will affect some things, but take care of our game and play your asses off, guys. Let’s gooooo, Red Nation!

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Need to make 25-30 threes to counter the refs. Only way.