1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 4, 2020.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Brent Strom nice job. If it was NFL, pink slip. Wait, he got an extension too.

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's tough.. maybe Astros doing Rockets a solid and consolidating Houston L's.

3. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

I was just thinking the same thing. Why did they rush so soon? Why not wait until the end of the season to decide.

4. Screaming Fist

He had better options than Castellanos, who has a decent low speed sinker and not much else.

5. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Who else, that was actually available?

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Lol. Might as well give the Angels the sweep later today . Or just not show up like you did the first 3 games. Goodnight you ****ing losers of a baseball team. Give the chance for the playoffs to a team that actually deserves it.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I’m available to pitch tomorrow.

To be honest, this type of ass whooping has been a long time coming after the hurt we’ve laid on LA for a while now. But, this is brutal.

Uprising and TWS1986 like this.
  8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah....Straw is hitting .320+ when an OBP of .390 against right handers, while Toro is atrocious.

everyday eddie and Blake like this.
  9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

He isn’t great and he is easy to criticize (I just did a few posts above) but after downing another beer I’m hitting that “it isn’t his fault we have 17 rookie pitchers” mode

10. Screaming Fist

I’d assume Taylor and Raley were available, maybe Perez as well.

11. Buck Turgidson

Castellanos was the last man in the bullpen.

Uprising likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I'm sure that's what it ****ing was.

King1 likes this.
  13. Screaming Fist

Raley had Thursday off. While Taylor pitches earlier Dusty has used Pressly twice in a doubleheader before. I think Castellanos striking out the side made Dusty think it was worth rolling the dice with a two run lead.

14. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Good night guys. Again, watch out for Seattle. They’re 4 games behind us but we have a very difficult road games ahead. We could be easily be 3rd or 4th in AL West after this road trip. Don’t look past the Mariners!!!

TWS1986 and HTown2017Champs like this.
  15. HTown2017Champs

The good:
    Springer is back!
    Brantley and Tucker staying hot is nice to see too.
    Correa's defense

The bad:
    Urquidy not quite ready to go deep in games.
    Peacock showed rust too.
    Bielak not past his struggles.
    Toro still doing all he can to keep his AVG under 150

The ugly:
    Just like last night, the damn bullpen. F this season. Dishonorable mention to Castellanos, absolutely unacceptable collapse.
    Dusty's managing is also shameful. Keeping guys in too long, wasting Pressly in a non-save situation when we could have used him in one of today's games.

AznH-TownFan likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Pay attention: all the guys who pitched yesterday were not available today, this was made very, very clear before the first game. Also, there is no "Perez" on the Astros roster, btw.

Taylor was the Game1 closer, he warmed up for a long time, and still couldn't hit the ****ing side of a barn, so they had to burn Paredes. So that's out. Who else ya got? Bringing a guy like Pressley back for both games is a lot different than a kid, and it was also talked about before game 1.

The pen was ****ed today, and they collectively did not do their jobs despite multiple opportunities. Just like the bats **** the bed on Friday.

TWS1986 likes this.
  17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

This soft sweep has pretty much finished this season. You knew it was over when JV went down. My how the mighty have fallen.

TWS1986 and everyday eddie like this.
  18. HTown2017Champs

At this point, I hope we make the playoffs, and then go as deep as possible just so the lost draft picks are valued as low as possible. I have no faith in this team. Of potential opponents, CLE scares me the most with their pitching.

TWS1986 likes this.
  19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

20. conquistador#11

Nothing the 0ther 8 players could do. That's the frustrating. All the heroics are for not.