1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/4/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 3, 2020.

1. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Any news onnHouse? We need him

RayRay10, saleem and ak99999 like this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing that can beat small ball is even smaller ball. Thunder and their three small guards gave us fits. Lakers don’t have any guard who is capable of driving to the basket and finishing.

RayRay10 and jcmoon like this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It was interesting because I think they actually tried to go smaller in the second half when they stopped playing Javale and put Rondo in more. If we can keep forcing them to try to play our style rather than theirs, the Rockets win this series easily. They don't have the personnel to play small.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I think the only chance they have is to play our style. McGee and Dwight are absolutely useless versus us. Even if he gets good post position we should just foul him and send him to the line where everyone knows they can’t shoot. Problem is they don’t have enough guards. It’s gonna take 50 from Lebron to beat us.

Good thing if the refs start cheating the Rockets can just implement hack a somebody strategy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Lebron already calling that a “feel out game.”

You can keep feeling out those L’s homie

bro2044, NdNaSsAsSiN124, Dgn1 and 7 others like this.
  6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Pre-Game LeBron: “it’s not like I’ve never played against 5 guys that can shoot 3’s. I’ve been playing ball since I was 9, nothing new”

Post-Game Lebron: “it’s like playing the greatest show on turf”

He actually said that...

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those 3 or 4 imaginary fouls called on our guys in the 4th quarter didn't help the Lakers much. I'm glad we were dominating them at that point the calls didn't make a difference.

I can't wait for game 2. It's gonna be good!!
    I hope we shut them down again, even harder.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who would have guessed the small ball Rockets would have had the same amount of rebounds as the giants in purple?

PJ and Westbrook were hustling for those balls!

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

LeBron wanted the bubble games and helped organize it or so I thought. "Turf" is his downplaying excuse?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Wow. With all the Lakers hype I was nervous but not scared. I knew we had solid advantages against a big team, but we have to have good games from WB and our shooters, they delivered. What gives me confidence now is our defense. Lakers don’t have the guards that are needed to beat our guys inside. Posting up on us is not going to work and AD will wear out. I like our chances. This was a great win!!!

linvetb6 and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Good news is Westbrook is back to aggressive mode. Just luv it.

12. Mr. Space City

the slight hesitation to throw off leborn's timing to get the dunk off. elite footwork.

bro2044, BigShasta, s3ts and 5 others like this.
  13. NickKent

NickKent Member

We won game 1 in San Antonio in 2017 too before collapsing. It's great to be excited after one game but this thing is far from over. Let's save the arrogant trash talking to after the job is finished.

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I really hated mark jones on that commentary. No praise for Harden. I think he said, 'he had to punch that in, heard the footsteps of lebron'

ico4498, bro2044 and s3ts like this.
  15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Those are interpreted as 'praising' words. You are really reaching and need to think about that anger that is being channelled from elsewhere.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOL. Go back and listen to the full play.

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

He’s talking about the 1999-2002 St Louis Rams, “The Greatest Show on Turf.”

He was saying playing against the Rockets’ speed was like trying to keep up with Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Marshall Faulk, and Az Hakim as wide receivers

#1557 Patience, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    BigShasta and Sanctity like this.
  18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We got the shots we wanted all game. They couldn't keep us out of the lane. If we hit our threes at a decent clip it would've been ridiculous.

We also gave them the shots we wanted. I'll take AD fadeaways and Rondo threes all game long. I'm sure they'll adjust, but AD likes those types of shots which bodes well for us.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Prior to this play, I think LeBron had about 2-3 chasedown blocks on other Rockets, already. While it wasn't praising Harden, it also wasn't like Mark Jones said Harden got lucky or anything else to suggest putting down Harden.

Even Bijani, the tweet's author - and Rockets reporter - captioned his tweet "James Harden escapes LeBron James" and not "Harden jams one down on LeBron."

20. Caprah

Caprah Member

Shut the hell up .. mark jones or whatever his name was riding the lakers nuts all night

BigShasta, s3ts and Sanctity like this.