1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Film study of the Rockets previous 2 wins over the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by foggy94, Sep 4, 2020.

1. foggy94

foggy94 Member

tmoney1101, HP3, daywalker02 and 9 others like this.
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

We will be hugely disadvantaged on glasses both ends. The margin of an error is none. We have to execute perfectly and hit our 3s. Tough one. But let’s play loose. No chicken out now.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets in 6!!!!

Could not agree more.

4. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

FTs, threes, and turnovers - if we win two of these, we will win the series.

FTs will be the toughest given LA's size advantage and how little we got to the line in the first round. I chalk the latter up to Dort's incredible 1:1 defense on Harden and OKCs discipline in fighting through our screens and preventing us from hunting mismatches. I don't see a Dort-level defender on the Lakers, so I'm optimistic we can draw fouls at a rate closer to what we did in the regular season

Threes should be easy. Lakers have been ice cold here in the bubble and we will get plenty of looks, especially if LA commits to the two-big lineup

I'm also confident about turnovers - with the exception of Game 6, we have been great at protecting the rock LA doesn't have enough disruptors on defense to make us cough it up.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

FT, 3's and TOV are exactly the 3 critical factors for Rockets.

And of those 3, TOV is the most important.

Still cannot believe there are so many who do not see this yet.

6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I like our chances because LAL is team with 2 superstars but overall cast worst than OKC.
    Sure you cant overlook a team that has LeBron and AD.

But...
    Gallo was a bigger threat to us than Morris
    Green won´t be any better than Dort
    KCP is equivalent to SGA.
    Any other guard will be worst than Schroeder
    That makes Kuzma is their third player, and probably the X-factor here.

If we are able to execute, I like our chances.

But mark my words: It has everything to be a long series, 6-7 games, and whoever better adjust, will come out victorious.
    So coaching ADJUSTMENTS will be critical. If there is any chance of Chandler to play at all, it will be in this series.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. simon_!

simon_! Member

i wont be mad/sad if they out rebound us off the playoffs, or if we do it ourselves by bricklaying from deep,

just want the fosters and brothers give us fighting chance, like not to steal us more than 10 points a game.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If we actually make 34-36% of our 3s and don’t turn the ball over we have a punchers chance. If we shoot terribly from 3 this will over in 4-5 games

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

comes down to the lakers finding a way to keep their size on the court. if they can play twin tower lineups of McGee and AD that will cut off the driving lanes for harden and westbrook. they we will see the entire offense become step back 3s and we will lose. the rockets have to out run them or beat them in iso in order to make vogel consider going smaller. once they go to AD at center we can force him away from the basket and open the driving lanes up.