1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2020-21]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by primtim24, Sep 3, 2020.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Obviously in a lot of respects, this year is going to be completely different than year's past, but nonetheless, it's about that time!

Any advice I expect would be MUCH appreciated here.

I'll get this kicked off, with Covid-19 being around, are you adjusting the IR spots in your leagues this year? We normally do 1 spot, but should we go up to 2 or 3?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Anyone else not know DICK about anything this year? I was rattling off titles last year. I don't even know who got drafted this year. Lulz.

3. primtim24

I just had a draft, thought I did pretty good. But you're spot on, there's no way to know much of anything. Especially with all the potential last minute positive tests, this fantasy season could potentially have one giant asterisk on it...

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

rate my team. 12 team, no ppr
    [​IMG]

5. primtim24

It would be interesting to see your bench, but I think your receivers may be a little "Boom or Bust".

Not to mention, Covid aside, I'm concerned for Nick Chubb owners due to Kareem Hunt being there, he took a MAJOR chunk out of Chubb's value down the stretch last season. (New Coaching staff, so anything's possible)

fallenphoenix likes this.
  6. fallenphoenix

yea someone reached on hunt before i could get him.
    [​IMG]

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Matt Gay was just cut by TB, replaced by Ryan Succop.

8. primtim24

Even in a 12-team league, I don't think LeSean McCoy should be rostered, he's the 3rd option just in the backfield alone. Arguably Sammy Watkins may not need to be rostered either, he's too inconsistent to feel comfortable starting week to week. Even if Reek Hill went down, Sammy could only be counted on as a high end WR3.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I believe my league made a xtra IR spot only for COVID though. I probably should confirm that lol

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You should grab Zack Moss if available. Edit wrong guy Boston Scott is who you want.

#10 KingCheetah, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  11. primtim24

Yeah, I went on ahead and moved it to 3 for our league just to be safe. I expect that it will probably end up being used for hoarding players, but I didn't want someone to be stuck having to drop a good player just because they had a guy with possible exposure....

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Did our draft super late this year, last night. Lots of crazy runs on players. 12 team .5 ppr

QB: Deshaun Watson
    RB: Ezekial Elliot
    RB: Aaron Jones
    WR: Chris Godwin
    WR: Calvin Ridley
    WR: Will Fuller
    TE: Jared Cook
    K: Stephen Gostkowski
    DEF: New England
    _________
    Aaron Rodgers
    Brandin Cooks
    Marlon Mack
    Duke Johnson
    Greg Olsen
    Marquez Valdez-Scantling
    Kansas City Defense

13. fallenphoenix

yup, someone had him already, but dropped him. put in a waiver claim this morning.

KingCheetah likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The bench seems rather week for a 12 person league. I would look into more upside if it’s there. Plenty of rookie WR’s that are great for the draft class.

Your starting lineup is super legit though. I would assume 1st or 2nd best in your league.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I went into this season doing zero research for the first time, just haven't been following football since covid. There were lots of players I had never heard of, likely rookies, that I passed over just because i knew nothing about them. Guys like Mack and MVS were just players i was familiar with at the end of the draft

peleincubus likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I was the same exact way and then 2 days before our in person draft i did a crash course and brought my notes with me haha

rhino17 likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Did my auction draft last night. Scored kittle, kelce, d-hop, Beckham and golladay. Flipped kelce for chubb. Still weak at RB but have a few trades in the works. Hopefully end up with ekeler for Hopkins.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

In one of my leagues I received a trade offer... his Darrel Williams for my Phillip Lindsay. I am the CEH owner, and along with CEH my RBs are Carson, Mixon, Lindsay, Jamaal Williams, Corey Clement, Frank Gore and McFarland (coming off my IR, so I may need to cut either him or Clement). Normally I would prefer Lindsay over Williams, but is the cuff benefit enough to make the trade?

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Need help on a few fronts:

12 team .5 PPR

- Should I drop Breida for Gaskin

- I was also offered Wentz for Cam Newton straight up. I don't like this because Wentz looked bad this last Sunday and his offensive line looked worse. What should I realistically ask for Newton if I deal him? My other QB is Lamar Jackson.

- I was also offered the following which seems much better:

Send: Cam Newton and Raheem Mostert

Receive:. Deshaun Watson and Chris Carson

In another 12 team standard league:

I am number one in my waiver wire which goes through tomorrow morning. I need some RB help after it appears Conner is injured and Snell did well and Singletary will be sharing the role.

The top projected RBs on the market in my league are the following

• N. Hines (IND)
    • P. Barber (WAS)
    • M. Gaskin (MIA)
    Complete list

There are some others outside of those 3 but those are the tops as of now. Here is my current RB stable:

• C. McCaffrey (CAR)
    • J. Conner (PIT)
    • D. Singletary (BUF)
    • M. Breida (MIA)
    • B. Scott (PHI)
    • L. Fournette (TB)
    My WR stable is good and I can drop one of them to pick up another RB. My WRs are:

• C. Godwin (TB)
    • K. Allen (LAC)
    • D. Slayton (NYG)
    • J. Brown (BUF)
    • C. Kirk (ARI)
    I am either going to have to drop one of that group or Wentz/Bridgewater but I can pick up one more RB.

Which one should I get?

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would probably do that. I have ceh also I hope he doesn’t get hurt lol