1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which is the Most Frustrating Houston Game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsjudoka, Sep 1, 2020.

?

Which is the most frustrating Houston game 7?

1. 2018 WCF Rockets lose to GSW

32 vote(s)
    60.4%
  2. 2019 WS Astros lose to Nationals

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. I refuse to acknowledge this poll

9 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

We were up 2-0 on the Jazz as well and at home. I got over the 2005 series quickly because the way the NBA was set up back then we actually faced a much tougher Mavs team than we should have in the first round. They were record wise the 3rd seed (maybe even the 2nd) but because the NBA enforced division winners were top 3 they got bumped down to the 4th seed. I remember the Kings were tanking hard at the end of the season to try to get the 6th seed to face the Sonics who were the weaker team. The NBA was stupid like top 3 seeds were determined by division winners that year but HCA would have been determined by record.

The Mavs series was the first round as well though.

2. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Yep, up 2-0, both of those wins were IN DALLAS.

But of the 2 listed, it's gotta be two years ago vs GS. That was the team to win it all.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Maybe tomorrow would not be as bad even in the worst scenario, in 2005 game 7 was at home. At least tomorrow you would not have the agonizing pain we as fans offer in the background.

4. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

There’s been a lot...

2005 against the Mavs after winning both games in Dallas to start..

2018 vs the Warriors - the horror of watching our finals chances disappear brick after brick. You’d think, at some point, they’d adjust in a win or go home scenario but nope.. flushed down the toilet with each bricked 3. The Warriors were down double digits at halftime, too, and we were at home... that’s still devastating.

2019 Astros vs the Nats - this one was devastating to me for a while. What was it, 7 outs away? Probably would have devastated me for longer, except then the Astros world came tumbling down..

The last time the Rockets were successful in game 7s over a stretch was the 90s. Let’s see if we can turn this around tomorrow.. they need mental toughness and smart play.

joshuaao likes this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

2018 was so frustrating because you know with cp3 we could have won it all, and also because the refs fukked us. i dont care what anyone says, we DID NOT miss 27 threes in a row. i dont care how it may make me look. no one will ever convince me the refs didnt have the biggest impact on the outcome of that game.

as ive said many times though, even if we had won Im not sure we beat lebron without cp3.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Losing this series would be the worst of all. G7 two years ago, we had excuse and that was WCF against the best team ever. So losing that game hurt in a way that darn we were so close. The Astro game, come'on that's the world championship. I would be stoked for this team to come out of the west to have a chance at it.

If we lose this series, we almost have to rebuild. It aint going to be any better.

bro2044 likes this.
  7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

2007 vs Utah. I sat in my seat for a long time. Probably 30 minutes after the buzzer. Never got up.

HP3, Little Bit and bro2044 like this.
  8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

How are Rockets/Jazz or Rockets/Mavs not on here?

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I put on shoes and went outside and jogged. Eventually walked and came back having gone 6 miles. I was so disappointed and angry, lol.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I voted astros mainly because I spent $3k to attend game 6 and we lost. So the hope they would win win game 7 and redeem my wallet was high. It still irks me. Honorable mention: that 40 point loss to the mavs. I believe it ended up 110-70

Edit: 116-76

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I know you said Game 7’s, but Game 6 vs the Spurs was completely embarrassing, at home, Spurs 3rd string blew us out. That was such a pathetic display by the team that i almost quit watching sports, then CP3 came in and everything was great for a while... sigh.

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forgot we were up 2-0 on the Jazz. Damn it's sad that there have been multiple series the Rockets have been up 2-0 only to lose...

Hopefully tomorrow is different. REVERSE JINX!

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly we could have a thread of "Most Frustrating Houston Game 6 Losses"

14. gotsis

gotsis Member

Game 6 vs Portland (the Lillard buzzer beater) was extremely frustrating. It was such a roller coaster of a series and losing a playoffs series on a buzzer beater is such a deflating sensation.

But by far the one that still stings is the GSW game 7 - guess a bit due to recency bias, but the way the refs screwed us and the fact that may have been Harden's and this generation's Rockets best chance to win it all and we fell short due to such bad luck, is just unbearable. Still get pissed remembering that game.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it was a 15 pts lead at one point

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

For some reason I think, Thunder Game 7 2020 is going to be the correct answer.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

TMac invisible man game.

18. buffalobills!!!

Was on the road

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Going to flip tables on this thread.

My favorite Rockets Game 7 was Rockets v. Suns 1995.

HP3 likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Obviously the Astros who were a few outs away from their 2nd World Series championship in 3 years. (And look at all that's happened since.) They were in the actual championship round.

Rockets were just a chance to advance to the Finals, where they would have gone up against that guy. (No, I'm not going to assume the Rockets would have just rolled over him.)