1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you watching game 7?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Are you going to watch game 7?

1. Yes

72.2%
  2. No

27.8%
  1. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Well, yeah. I may worry about our mental toughness and lack of “intelligent” basketball, but with how things are in our world right now, I need to be able to crack open a cold one and sit in my recliner and scream at the tv for 48 minutes. I need the mental break :D

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you guys are vaginas. man just go bandwagon some other team

when the celtics won the title in 2008, they went to game 7s their first two rounds. the atlanta fukkin hawks took them to 7.

when we play poorly, we still have a chance to win. when we play well, its a blowout. have some faith in your damn team

jcmoon, Invisible Fan and FrontRunner like this.
  3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I can't believe anyone is thinking about skipping game 7.

4. rgw20014life

rgw20014life Member

I would have taken some threes instead of turnovers and airballs last night.

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

There are many big games like this that we've come out completely flat. My fear isn't a close loss. It's a blow out with lethargic play and a "I give up" body language from Harden and Co.

Hakeemtheking and PeterKingX like this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

Yes am watching it.

After game 6, I know folks are disappointed and it can get very negative, so am going to avoid the bball until game time tomorrow.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

LMAO

OP complains about mental toughness when he can't even plant his ass on the couch and watch a team he says he's a fan of.

[​IMG]

BigDog63, RustyHarden and HP3 like this.
  8. gotsis

gotsis Member

We all say this, then next season here we are again, getting excited that Nwaba can be our future superstar.

9. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

amen brotha!! I’m still hanging on to hope...

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

"I'm a sit this game out in support of Rockets die hard fans... OUR HEALTH MATTERS."

11. MettaWorldPete

I'm sure I'll watch, but I get it. I've never felt the way I feel now about a game ahead of time. If we lose to Chris Paul under these circumstances, it will be beyond humiliating. It will also signal the beginning of what looks to be an extremely painful rebuild. And will permanently tarnish the legacy of Harden, Westbrook, MDA, and Morey, all of whom I like despite their flaws.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Smart move here. I'm not listening to anyone after game 6. I'm just waiting on game 7 8pm tomorrow.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yeah you might be right, but this might be different. A loss here would be so embarrassing I cant even imagine the slander. I can't even imagine the destruction to Harden's rep.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This right here. A game 7 loss would just add to Houston sport collapses. Nothing lines up...

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

For the first time in an important game, I'm considering it.

Bear in mind, I'm in my 40s (now, sad face) and by the end of the day, i'm looking forward to relaxing hopefully with no kids yelling at me.

There's a few outcomes out of this game.
    (i) Rockets win - yay.
    a. Blowout. Great! Not much missed.
    b. Close game. Well, would be fun, but if i miss that, I miss that. Would be cool to see... but at the same time probably point to the continued problems the team has
    (ii) Rockets lose - sad face.
    a. Blowout. Lol. Turning that off at some point anyway. Then in a sour mood.
    b. Close game. The stress of the game, the disappointment of the loss.

^ Is the above true for every game? Well... yeah. But there's tons of added stress to this game, and if they win WITHOUT me watching, ALL GOOD, i get to experience the Lakers series like the rest of you. And if they lose without me watching, i'm not missing much and what comes next is actually more important, lol.

I haven't decided yet.

But whether i watch or don't watch, or others do or don't, we're not any more or less fans, lol. What would cause me not to watch is the exact opposite of being a bandwagon fan... its being TOO invested.

Rodman23, RedRedemption and HP3 like this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I said this before, and i'll say it again. To me, it being against CP3 is of little added importance. Some, but not much.

If they lose in the first round to anyone, its horrible.

Also, Harden is the only guy i like that you listed.

All three of the rest of them are WAY WAY WAY too stubborn in their ways to their ultimate detriment. Harden has actually continually changed and adapted his game and approach to the game. The guy generally plays legit good defense now. It's amazing.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I won’t be watching...I’ll record the game, check the boxscore late at night, and watch the recording if they win

I’m not capable of watching Eric Gordon play basketball at the moment, and I can’t take this team’s stupidity and brick laying

the hate I currently have for Eric Gordon makes the hate I have for the likes of Draymond Green, Steve Kerr, or the worst of refs look like love

18. mms

mms Member

I will be watching.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rox ain't Harden.

Clutch City is and big Hakeem is. Always will be.

You're never going to lose those b2b championships, other than Less taking them trophies away.

You think I became a fan because of Harden or Hakeem?

Remember that and you're fine.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I’ll watch but there’s no way this team is beating the lakers or clippers and I don’t care honestly I just want to beat the thunder bad. How embarrassing would it be as a fan losing to them.
    If they lose might as well blow it up