1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/31/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 30, 2020.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The question is: who does scott foster hate more? CP3 or the Rockets?

Little Bit likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

scott foster most likely loves his job and does whatever is asked of him irregardless of any personal likes or dislikes

Mazulis likes this.
  3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Ahh so you think it's rigged. How rigged do you think?

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

over the past few playoffs we're 0-5 when tony brothers refs and 0-7 when scott foster refs, so you tell me?

marc davis, who did last nite's game -- off the top of my head we're something like 2-7 when he refs as well

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We have 2 MVPs and neither took over the game.

They should pay attention to the Jazz vs Nuggets series, both young players take over and try to will their team to victory in crunch time scoring bucket after bucket.

Russ tried and just kept turning it over. Harden was so passive in crunch time offensively, he probably just wants to get out of the bubble.

ak99999 likes this.
  6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

If there’s something i will give Russ, it’s that he took the blame on himself and he seems a determined type of mad, to makes things right, at least i got that from his presser. It seems like if he could fast forward to tomorrow game time, he would in a heartbeat. I doubt he has a bad game next game.

I really hope Harden doesn’t have that “it wasn’t on me, i did my part” mentality and comes out complacent next game with a “just gotta play my game” style of play. He needs urgency, one of my biggest knacks on Harden is that he rarely has the type of games we need him to have. Usually he’ll either have an above average game, or he’ll stink it up. His legacy is on the line, he’s had a great series, but he needs to find his next gear next game or we lose.

I personally do not think we will game 7 just for the fact that whenever something can go bad for us, it always seems to goes really bad.

btw Gordon picked a really bad time to have a slump, and other than a few exceptions, this is a consistent thing with him.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow that is smart and definitely more doable....

8. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I really want to believe that so badly...but with him being out for a while, it's a toss up on what we're going to get for the next game.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

There was a possession in the last minute that stuck with me in my head ... ball swung around to Russ and Russ looked to pass Harden. Harden was checked by SGA, he didn’t even try to separate from SGA to get the ball. He just stood there acting like he doesn’t want have anything with the ball. That was a split second. 8 ticks left on the clock, Russ had to force it. I was like WTF and posted here that Harden doesn’t want the ball sigh.
    I have lowered my expectation about this team.

bro2044, hakeem94 and So Saith Red like this.
  10. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

I’m most sad Harden didn’t even get a chance to get a series ending buzzer beater. Not even a chance for the shot. Ugh. DEMAND THE BALL!!

ak99999 and Patience like this.
  11. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

This series is frustrating. Rocket wins are easy, not even playing their best ball. OKC wins are them maxing out combined with stupid Rocket mistakes. Series should he have been over in 5.

bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. BigTex

BigTex Member

He had a golden opportunity to finally have a big time clutch moment

hakeem94 and ak99999 like this.
  14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

It’s a weird dynamic, ironically they’re better friends than Dwight or CP was with James but at the same time i feel like them being friends is a detriment to situations like this because James tend to differ to Russ although he shouldn’t.

With Dwight, Dwight sort of knew his role and knew he’d mostly be absent in clutch situations unless it was rebounding, defending or catching passes. With CP, his personality actually mixed great with James, he knew James was a better player, but when CP had it going, Harden would defer.

Furthermore with Russ, Russ has been an alpha on his past team for a while, he’s a former MVP, so I guess James arbitrarily defers to him sometimes in late game situations which should almost never happen since WB is a terrible late game player. There needs to be dialogue, understanding, and logic between each one’s role, and unfortunately it seems like that hasn’t developed, which is exactly what everyone feared would happen, WB not accepting his role and James being complacent about that.

YallMean likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden has a severe habit of doing this any late game situations. Hence why defenses can draw so many offensive fouls on inbound plays with Harden because he just decides stop stand and play shoving matches with defenses instead of trying to juke and runaway from the defender.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe smuggle in couple strippers for JH?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Russ deferred to Paul George last year, dude had it going except in the 1st round.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I expect the Rockets to win Game 7
    No one wants to see Lakers/OKC
    Except to be a tip to CP3 . . . . so people can hoot and hollar about revenge

Then watch them get swept in 4 games

Rocket River

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if okc does end up playing the fakers, will be hilarious to watch dort foul out in the 1st Q trying to play the same D on lebron. and CP3 all of a sudden getting zero love on the dozen flops per half

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

this is more about Harden than Russ. Russ hasn’t played for three weeks and was very rusty in the 2nd game coming back. How would Harden be ok letting Russ handle the attack in those key possessions was beyond me. It wasn’t just that possession. Harden was looking to pass than attack. On the other side, CP clearly understood he had to carry the team. It was his moment. How would Harden not know this. The only explanation to me is his Harden’s personality. He probably didn’t even realize himself.