1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

hopefully "playoff Gordon" has a few good games to up his value and we understand the need to "sell high"

3-way trade:
    Chicago gets: Eric Gordon + a future 1st rd. pick from Houston
    Denver gets: Thaddeus Young + a 2nd rd. pick from Chicago
    Houston get: Paul Millsap on a S&T deal around $13-15mil./yr. for 2 years, 3rd year non-guaranteed.

Chicago: Young, guaranteed $13.545MM next season, was the subject of trade rumors earlier in the season. the Bulls take on a little more contract of EG's and get a future 1st to help the rebuild.

Denver: this is assuming Millsap is leaving Denver and has interest in Rockets, Denver gets a valuable high 2nd rd. pick for help facilitate. Millsap gets a nice 2-3yr $13-15mil. per contract and a last chance for a ring.

Houston: imagine a Jeff Green with elite defends/rebounding skills to play the 5 full time, with Jeff Green backing up

we use MLE to re-sign Green and a 3/D wing to replace E.G., maybe Bazemore if cheap

Millsap(24), Green(20), Caboclo
    Covington(28), Tucker(24)
    Bazemore(24), House(24), Nwaba
    Harden(32), McLemore(16), Frazier
    Westbrook(30), Rivers(18), Clemons

bigs who can put the ball on ground and attack the rim is important. PJ's corner 3 will force opponent center to come out thus spread space for our guards that's good, but his inability to drive to the hoop will stop the offense if opponent is able to rotate and cover in time, the ball will pass back to Harden/WB the last few seconds. Green is perfect in the pnr play with Harden because he can 1. bring the ball up and 2. drive/attack the rim or shoot 3s. Millsap/Green at the 5 for 48min. will perfect our small ball offense. and the 24-28min. Millsap plays is a huge upgrade in defends/rebounding over Green.

with this lineup i like our chance to win it all for 2-3yr.

fattz and Chamillionaire like this.
  2. Chamillionaire

I actually like this. I like Millsap a lot in our system although he doesn't really provide rim protection, but he is a good rebounder still and can hold his own at the block. Great job.

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Eric Gordon and a 1st for Millsap...hard pass...oh and by the way he’s the same age as Tucker.

4. fattz

fattz Member

Really? Eric Gordon and FRP for ANYONE is a no brainer, IMO. His contract is toxic by its redundancy. Moving the cap space to an area of need would be like a B12 shot to the team.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Ok but not for a 35 year old Paul Millsap.

bilaal14 likes this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If we still have MDA I think our front office will really want Kevin Love. But it can’t happen numbers wise unless it’s

EG + Roco
    or EG + House + PJ

and that’s a lot. The emergence of Jeff Green and re-signing Rivers will mitigate some of the loss but still.

Harden Westbrook and Love.
    Roco or House and PJ
    Rivers Green and Mclemore.

Would still allow us to preserve either a 7 or 8 man rotation with the above players and then would have to sign one more player but Tillman?

7. Chamillionaire

Touche. He is old and he isn't as mobile as he was before. He's more of a backup than a starting center. But he does shoot 3 reasonably well for a 4/5 and he was a great rebounder when he was younger.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Hard pass trust me.
    Millsap nope
    Horford hell no
    Love no way I wanted love for the longest but that ship has sailed unless he’s bought out.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That ship has sailed unless he’s bought out.

fattz and Corrosion like this.
  10. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

E.G. has a negative value bro, do you know his contract size/length?
    yes Millsap is 34 but he definitely has 2 more years left in tank, and we don't need him play 34min/g. just 24min apiece from Millsap/Green is what we need.
    if E.G. plays bad in the playoff we might need attach more than a FRP to trade him. we'd be lucky to trade E.G. for someone we can use for just a FRP trust me

Millsap vs. E.G.
    Games/Start: 51/48 ....... 36/15
    24.3min./g ..................... 28.2min/g
    2pt%: .482% ................ .369%
    3pt%: .435% ................. .317%
    FT%: .816% .................. .766%
    Reb.: 5.7/g ..................... 2.0/g
    AST: 1.6/g ...................... 1.5/g
    STL: 0.9/g ...................... 0.6/g
    BLK: 0.6/g ...................... 0.4/g
    PTs: 11.6/g ..................... 14.4/g

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Millsap is 35

D-rock likes this.
  12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Need Kevin Love

13. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Christian Wood
    Myles Turner
    Buddy Hield
    Aaron Gordon
    Jae Crowder
    James Johnson

D-rock and DM'sVP like this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Like a hole in the head ... 5 years ago , sure - today no way

D-rock, Rudyc281 and fattz like this.
  15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would love Hield, but I bet the new regime in Sacramento won’t be dumb enough to give him up for Gordon.

16. Chamillionaire

Yeah I get it. But we need to find a team that wants EG or willing to take on his salary and we need to find someone who can play in our system. No one is going to trade a young player with upside for EG and a pick in the mid 20's. I mean, yeah we'd all love a Myles Turner or a Christian Wood, but that ain't happening either.

Rudyc281, fattz and Corrosion like this.
  17. Chamillionaire

18. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If it cannot win the champion this year. we can trade for another 20 plus all star and then change coach. Trade Phil Jackson as primary coach or hire Van Gundy as defensive coach with MDA.

19. fattz

fattz Member

We need size, energy and to use / make a bench. We need serviceable players that fit and fill in the gaps between Harden and Westbrook. More Green and Rivers types.

D-rock likes this.
  20. fattz

fattz Member

The market for Eric Gordon is going to be lean. The best we can hope for is a overpriced, broken or worn out player that fit in the system because Morey can’t trade a way EG and not get better value in return. I am not downing Gordon but I challenge you to name a team that even wants Eric Gordon. Now would that team give anything of value to get him?

#1280 fattz, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Corrosion and Chamillionaire like this.