1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Law and order teen charged with murder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 26, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm not saying you support that dudes post, I'm just saying you hate to see him steal your punchline for it.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's an awesome line that shows my creativity, wit and awareness of all culture.

This D&D has been plagued by Carl Herrera's terrible one liners that all of you have forgotten real wit.
    No wonder everyone is angry here.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

one note from this incident.

why are people trying to attack a guy with a gun with a skateboard?
    have people forgot street smarts?

there's no political ideology that says you run at a dude with a large rifle who wants to shoot you and you are trying kick him like you are Ip Man.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's not where the questions should start. It's better to question why someone is terrorizing protestors with guns, why a 17 year old has an AR, why he's traveling to a different state to walk into a crowd of people with a load AR, why the cops thanked him and offered him water instead of checking him, before we question why someone rushed him with a skateboard.

Is it stupid, yes, but it doesn't make that scumbag any less of a murderous terrorist. Guns aren't ****ing toys and he isn't law enforcement.

And completely aside from this, why do you even know the names of people in one direction? I now know the names of people in that ban, solely from you posting it here, which is so bizarre lol.

Invisible Fan, RayRay10 and Dubious like this.
  5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

at the 5:56 mark Of the video which coincidentally is also the designation of the .223 round ...we see the first rioter that got shot chasing the shooter. Please check the video FB and tell me where I’m wrong at that frame timeframe , also note the object thrown . This is likely the first indication of self defense as it relates to which party is initially the aggressor in this situation, the other indicator of self defense is as the mob swings melee weapons at the persons head in the subsequent shootings - ladies and gentlemen of the jury from the evidence it is clear of the video this young man as wrong as he was for being not 18 and with a firearm regardless feared for his life as showed from the video - in every shooting instance he shot only as a response of being chased by dangerous and angry rioters that already showed violence to property and so willing to engage his well being - we must acquit in this instance - case dismissed

Corrosion likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

the person who got shot by him could have ran away from the situation. He has no control over a dude with a gun on the street but he has control over his own actions. he wasn't cornered or anything

I only know like 3 members of one direction and what they look like cause one of the dudes is arab and the other one is a white dude with long hair.
    it's much easier than making any references to BTS!

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and Corrosion like this.
  7. Beezy

Beezy Member

This **** stains’s defense strategy is getting a pardon at the 2024 RNC when Trump’s running for a third term.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I’m in a hotel room in Destin and would appreciate a bottle of water tbh ,...js

tinman likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree, but again I think the point of picking questions here is too late in the timeline. It starts with - why go to a protest with an AR in an attempt to police people? In a different state? This is terrorism. Men, especially non-law enforcement, walking around with loaded guns in opposition to unarmed protestors is a really ****ed up act of aggression. It's a threat to the protesters' lives.

Is someone stupid for charging a gunner? Yes. Does this make the man any less of a terrorist POS for murdering 2 people, and shooting a 3rd? Imo, No.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Attacking someone with a rifle during a riot requires a proper melee weapon.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’ve talked to enough people about the protests and BLM. I am forming my opinion on everything In a more nuanced way. Understanding it better from all angles and all I have to say is this is some depressing stuff with many different solutions that need to be proposed by smarter people than I.

bless all the people with hate and anger all the way down the line.

Invisible Fan, Astrodome and RayRay10 like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

I think they were intent for violence on multiple individuals, where it be arson, property damage, assault and shooting people.
    There were definitely people who didn't want to be peaceful among that crowd

people who bring guns want to use them
    people who want to bring spray paint and arson items want to use them

there were armed people in that area, one of the guys who had shot had a gun on him
    There's really no winners dude, its not good

This might be the new reality because people want violence
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Pretty much.

Everyone has an opinion but few if any facts.

RayRay10 and pgabriel like this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You and @FranchiseBlade need to just both chill on this and stop acting like you know what preceded the first slaying. We do not know if Rittenhouse or the man he killed instigated that confrontation. Claims of self defense from either side are completely unfounded at this point.

What we do know is that the crowd that surrounded and tried to subdue Rittenhouse in the streets after the first slaying likely feared for their lives, and rightly so. It's a chaotic situation. It's nighttime and you just heard multiple shots fired. You see a guy running from a crowd of people with an AR at the ready with multiple people in pursuit yelling that the person with the AR just killed someone. You would be well within reason to go into fight or flight mode at this point. The people trying to subdue Rittenhouse are not going to face consequences. You can point out whomever else had a gun, but the fact of the matter is those people didn't fire a single shot.

What we also know is that this is why amateur wanna-be cops parading around protests, riots, or other large gatherings openly carrying guns is a ****ing terrible idea. Even stupider would be transporting your 17 year old kid across state lines to engage in such Civil War cosplay.

Rittenhouse (and more hopefully his parents) will face consequences for acting out his illegal inter-state Call of Duty fantasy, that much is obvious. What remains to be seen is how that first crime will play into his/their culpability for the deaths that followed.

#114 DonnyMost, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

First-Degree Murder
    Although the exact state laws defining first-degree murder vary by state, most state penal codes require that a prosecutor establish willfulness, deliberation, and premeditation in order to convict a defendant of first-degree murder. Willfulness requires that the defendant acted with the intent to kill another person.
    https://www.justia.com/

Involuntary Manslaughter
    Involuntary manslaughter is defined as an unintentional killing that results either from criminal negligence or the commission of a low-level criminal act such as a misdemeanor. Involuntary manslaughter is distinguished from other forms of homicide because it does not require deliberation or premeditation, or intent. Because neither of these mental states is required, involuntary manslaughter is the lowest level category of homicide.

Criminal Negligence
    The first type of involuntary manslaughter occurs when a defendant negligently commits an act that results in the death of another. The level of negligence required for involuntary manslaughter is higher than normal civil negligence and requires that the defendant have acted in a very unreasonable manner. The exact language used to describe this negligence standard varies by state, but many refer to it as “criminal negligence” or “gross negligence.” State laws also vary as to whether the defendant must have been aware that his conduct was grossly negligent. In some states, the defendant must have known that his conduct was a threat to others, while other states consider whether the actions were objectively negligent, without regard for the defendant’s own perceptions.

Hate Crimes:

Some states have enacted laws that allow sentencing enhancements if the state proves that the defendant was motivated by bias or animus based on a group characteristic. Most
    hate crime statutes include categories like race, religion, and national origin. Some states include categories like sexual orientation and gender identity as well.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You guys can 'self defense' all you want, but this kid will be tried and convicted of one of the above. Wisconsin prosecutors are not going to let vigilantism go unaddressed. The implications on future events and American society in general are just too dire.

If he even gets out on bail, there will be a violent escalation.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The only slam dunk right now is getting him booked on the crime of actually bringing that weapon across state lines and brandishing it in public.

Other than that, everything is up in the air. I would not bet the farm on any conviction related to the killings unless it is a significantly lesser charge that is basically downstream/outgrowth from the initial crime.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

NVM

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He's not getting convicted on "across state lines" either ....
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/201... certain domestic violence restraining orders.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Maybe it’s because of THESE peaceful protestors the prior night.