1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

This is my take as well. Iam sure there are bad cops out there like the one with Floyd but this was completely avoidable. Using mental illness isn’t an excuse either. Did that make Jeffery Dahmer any less dangerous? Most of these deaths are not cops looking to kill a black man, they are failure to comply with orders and then an ensuing escalation due to that.

RustyHarden likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Do you have a Covid fever? Above 102 degrees you should contact your doctor.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

LeBron actually taking a definitive stand? I'll believe it when I see it.

malakas likes this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

so basically when you say go out and vote." you want us to go out and vote for a straight biden/harris ticket.". Sorry it doesnt work like that anymore, the left had their chance to lock up the black vote forever, millienials( like myself) and gen z hetero black males are not our forefathers and their forefather... where a pat on the head is good enough. We want tangibles or go kick rocks.

liberals have not outlined anything on how they will tackle education reform in urban areas, the large disparity of black men being locked up in democrat controlled areas, or illegal immigration. Its all lip service. James Harden is my favorite athlete in the world, but I can live without the nba as can many others( as testament to the low tv ratings). If we wanna be told who to vote for we would watch cnn or fox news all day, i watch sports to get away from being spoken too like a child, i get my news for youtube content creators and twitter

Owners have catered to nba players enough as far as i can see, let them wear slogans or their jersey, blm is painted all over every court, blm ads in every other commercial, coaches wearing go out vote shirts, racial injustices patches, letting a black nba player use a racial slur towards a white nba player and not get suspended. I mean what else do you expect the owners to do, these athletes need to talk to attorney generals and mayors in these largely DEMOCRAT run cities and see how they can help financially. You want owners to deal with something thats out of their control. Which is unfair

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

If you want to put it into bullet points you are correct.

I understand their right to exercise their freedoms as they choose. I also choose to be pissed about it, for the litany of reasons I have outlined in previous posts.

topfive likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's taking a definitive stand so that we won't see him lose in the 2nd round of the West playoffs. It's brilliant really.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve already told u my posts aren’t directed towards just u...I guess I need to state that once again...

your “white devils” nonsense was incredibly stupid, but I’m not surprised you’d go there and try to play that card...u should’ve stopped right there instead of continuing on with the bullsh*t

9. Mr. Space City

James Harden has fouled out the meeting

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

GTFO with your laughably silly nonsense. My post said nothing of the kind.

Reeko, malakas and Nook like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Now's the perfect time to kick Scott Foster's ass.

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Dude, your previous post was literally directed at stuff I "said in this thread."

Are you seriously this dense or you just like to argue?

13. HardenVolumeOne

my mistake then

14. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I support the team's decision.

15. Mr. Space City

Leave your fandom on the way out.

Reeko, DVauthrin and topfive like this.
  16. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

He needs to take a stand with nike and their slave labor factories. He is such a fake person. It makes me sick.

topfive likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lord have mercy...the part about entitled, whiny fans who get angered about the players taking a stand because the players are supposed to entertain them and provide an escape is addressed towards u

the part addressing fans who are done with the league isn’t

keep up

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

This makes sense. We only heard of Toronto/Boston boycotting prior to today

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Nook

Nook Member

I would like to know what exactly the players want the owners to do. I keep hearing LBJ and CP and others say the owners need to present something. Really, they need to say what they want or expect.... I will be impressed if the players actually cancel the season, but I cannot see it.

On a side note, TF doesn’t give a damn about BLM or any other movement. All he cares about is running his businesses. I am sure he is thinking “WTF did I get myself into.”