1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. jowman

jowman Member

White conservatives who hate Asians support Hong Kong harder than I’ve seen them support anyone.

If it were the British drugging and beating down the people of HK they’d be telling the HK protestors to shut their yellow ass up and go make their shoes.

2. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Shaq did

hongxingli and KePoW like this.
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If the cops figure out that killing black people will stop the NBA from playing unfortunately it may cause more black deaths.

STR8Thugg and AstrosRockets1818 like this.
  4. Rocketsfan3422

Are you in denial? Educate yourself on Hong kong

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Tbh, I was surprised the NBA players agreed to do this bubble experiment with everything that has happened this year. The season is over for good imo.

6. Mr. Space City

Thabo got ****ed up by the NYPD too.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I still don't get the purpose of it.

The players tweeting "We demand change" from who? Silver is going to support whatever the players want to do because he's a good commissioner unlike his MLB/NFL counterparts that doesn't try to crush the players whenever he can.

Silver has done everything they wanted him to do. If they want change they need to bring their complaints to politicians that want to support that change or become politicians themsevles.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I like this...fully behind the players

definitely understand if they’re not in the mood for basketball after seeing that shooting

DVauthrin and YOLO like this.
  9. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Boycotting is about money. Networks and sponsors will take notice. You know how much money will be lost tonight? 10's if not 100's of Millions...

Patience likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

So Russ will be back?

The Real Shady likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

13. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

well to be fair, what happened in Hong Kong wasn't because of the color of their skin

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  14. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Conspiracy theory: League knew it was Harden's bday and that he was poised to set off some NBA record. Buzz kill. Really tho, based on the ESPN headline "The NBA has postponed all three Game 5s set to take place on Wednesday after the Bucks decided to boycott their game against the Magic to protest the police shooting of James Blake", it looks like it's the Bucks who are to blame. You know... the team that's up 3-1 and had nothing to lose. Magic should've just forced them to forfeit and let the rest play on. Wonder if this has any affect on game prepping for the players. I'm sure Harden was hyped for this.

15. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Id wait till all facts of the case came out before rushing to boycotts. Without fail a few weeks later youll get additional video, or evidence that turns the narrative right back around, but its too late at that point and everyone has already taken the initial story as 100 percent fact.

This does nothing. I might just be done with sports. Sick of this garbage holding something thats supposed to be fun hostage like you are actually doing something. I have directv for astros and rockets mainly. Im blacked out every other way from getting them. No sports and i still have to pay the regional sports fees regardless.

I still dont understand what you can actually do to change anything. And how not playing a basketball game changes anything.

I love sports so much.... but im at the point now where im actually contemplating just being done with it.

hongxingli, Madmanmetz, corbe and 3 others like this.
  16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

And that completely altered the postseason that year. Hawks were fierce that year!

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm still in the dark, trying to follow this.. Put the whole thing together for us please.

This is where we're at:
    • Players that support BLM 100% are boycotting the NBA because of Jacob Blake
    • 10s, 100s of millions of dollars are lost in potential TV revenue from the cancelled games

The last bullet point it should lead to is:
    • Cops stop the killing of black people based on the color of their skin

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

To bring attention to the cause but the majority of the people still watching the nba are behind the movement already. I don’t really see this move changing anyone’s mind if they hadn’t seen enough already.

STR8Thugg and s3ts like this.
  19. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Exactly my points and how i feel.

20. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

The purpose is to make the public, sponsors, leaders, politicians take notice. If players refuse to play, a lot of money is at stake. Big sponsors like Disney (who owns ESPN and put up a lot of money for "The Bubble"), Gatorade, Nike, Adidas, McDonald's, TNT, etc. will use their influence to at least get a sit down or conversation going to get the players to play. NBA doing this may make MLB, NFL, NCAA, MLS, etc. follow suite. You're now talking Billions of dollars on the line. More than just talk will happen if the boycott is successful.

DVauthrin, joshuaao, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.