1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is quietly having his best playoff run as a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenVolumeOne, Aug 25, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

He does but Rockets were -53 when Harden was off the court in Game 4.

That's how bad the other Rockets have been.

EGo as 2nd option is not working.

#61 D-rock, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    Patience and vlaurelio like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Everyone is figuring you out now chowd. LOL

You always throw **** on the wall without any support, none at all.

Data and/or tape is not that difficult to find.

But you cannot support the lies you love to repeat.

Whenever you get called out for your "facts" you slink away to return again after a bad game.

You are a parasite.

Prove your "truth" with any kind of data, I dare you, for the nth time.

You won't because your takes are completely baseless and biased.

3. Caprah

Caprah Member

Yep he is nothing more then a butt hurt lin fan like many of these Other bozos who come here after a loss to exclusively blame harden for all the grievances they have over their scrub god Jenny lin . They also come with multiple accounts

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

When he feels outed he will just move on to another thread with different topic but start spouting his Harden hate all over again.

5. Caprah

Caprah Member

Same repetitive nonsense. Many of these lin fans repeat the same nonsense

D-rock likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

all the while luka will bring the media backing for teh rox. win-win

7. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

LOL what?

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

these stats are mute he was iso'ed from his strippers he was bound to blow load early and fall asleep rest of sporting matches

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

You’re right. He is definitely an MVP level player and is an offensive machine, single handedly orchestrating our team admirably against a good okc defense. But he has not risen to the moment for 2 straight games, and we really need him to.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Shooters missing wide open shots over and over again = Harden's fault.

s3ts, HP3, Patience and 1 other person like this.
  11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I completely agree. It’s these moments that are defining his legacy.

I think that he makes it a point to keep his emotions in check, probably so that he can perform better. But I think his lack of energy and emotion at the end sap the entire team’s energy. Contrast that to other stars who are practically bouncing with enthusiasm at the end.

I hate to sound like a hot take talking head, but it’s been very frustrating to see our team snatch losses from the jaws of victory.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I hate all of the Harden things that are negative about him. I’ve been on that bandwagon for half a decade.

HOWEVER... I’m not an idiot. For one he’s gotten better in lots of areas. He’s better defensively. He doesn’t turn it over as much. For two, this team without Harden and Westbrook is the worst team in the nba. With Harden they should still beat a team that has more talent than them with noninited players.

CP3, SGA, Gallinari, Schroeder (this dude led the nba in bench scoring for a reason).

if I’m drafting from these players I take Harden first and those four guys next. If I wasn’t playing small ball I might also take Adams next too. But recognize in small ball nba his value is lessened.

Harden is frustrating. But outside of Hakeem, I can’t think of a single NBA player that has won a ring with 0 all stars next to them... and with Russ our, that’s what we’ve got. Not just 0 all stars but no other above average nba player (as an EGo that can’t shoot is basically average).

Mind you Russ was only the second all Star season next to Harden in his entire tenure here. Dwight was one year and then Russ this year. That’s it.

if we want to complain about someone why don’t we complain about Daryl Morey?? He’s WAY WAY WAY WAY overrated here. He’s liked effectively because he’s not horrible. But he’s hired suspect head coaches. He’s helped build a team that constantly shoots threes yet was 24th in FT% this year. His FA acquisitions have been meh. They got Dwight m that’s basically it and in retrospect that was dumb. Sure we couldn’t all see it but we’re not all paid millions to figure out the future of the nba.

now let’s get into the dumbass **** he says. From the Hong Kong stuff to the ridiculous stuff about bad luck on the 0-27 from three, the constant crap about how historically amazing our offense is, or how Harden is the greatest offensive threat ever, or the public ref b****ing. Suspect use of draft picks. The list goes on.

basically all the DM eggs rest on Russ getting healthy and them winning this year or next. They can beat the Thunder without him but not round two.

13. Asian Sensation

If I didn’t know any better I would’ve guessed we just beat the Lakers in the WCF and Harden finally figured things out. The title of this thread reads as if we’ve advanced to the Finals and we’re about to play game 1 in a couple days.

Reality? We dropped 2 games in a row and we’re tied 2-2 in the First round having lost all momentum and some guy named Dort is making things difficult for Harden.

Creating a thread with cherry-picked stats And saying it’s his best playoff run? A run consisting of of a whopping 4 games with the last 2 being losses. Seriously????

[​IMG]

Bearded13 likes this.
  14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The series isn't over but the Rockets went from in control to being in danger of losing in the first round. It just boils down to this team coming up short in the post season year after year. This board always gets their panties in a rut that the national media doesn't view the team as a serious contender year after year, but this is why they come up short when it counts.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

James harden has a true shooting of 39% when guarded by DORT.

Bearded13 likes this.
  16. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

There's literally nothing cherry picked about the stats lmaoo.

We get it, you're rooting for Harden to play poorly. Trust me, we understand.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  17. HardenVolumeOne

now this is what I would call a cherry picked stat

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He could've easily had 20 assists last game had our guys not went cold. A couple more FTs and a better call on his side step 3 then we would've witnessed a 40-20 game. The guy is balling. He needs Westbrook to provide some relief, no doubt. But he is doing everything.

D-rock and s3ts like this.
  19. rocketseagles07

Meh we'll just agree to disagree... he has been good, but his second halves just haven't hit the mark. And yes we know his teammate is out, Porzingis was out and Luka closed the game out. That's what SUPERstars do. Donovan Mitchell has been insane without Bog there, and so on and so forth.

I expect him to show out tomorrow, we're going to need it

20. rocketseagles07

And a lot of the issues he had I blame on D'antoni.. Beard was EXHAUSTED and Mike didn't take him out. Dead legs led to forced 3's and trying to conserve energy on defense

s3ts likes this.