1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Harden is sometimes so frustrating in late game situations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rox4lyf, Aug 22, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

why is a criminal like scott foster still allowed to officiate games. Wasnt his name in the tim donagy report back in 2007

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Didn't I give all you whiney people advanced warning?

Why wouldn't it happen?

Why are you acting like a hamster on a wheel? I'm trying to save you from the eternal loop you're stuck in. 16 different problems present themselves and you're still wondering why James Harden is not what you wished he was. Are you a fan or an incompetent professional critic?

James Harden won't be everything you wish. He will have bad games. He can only give us on average 30/8/6/2/1 and good defense. To make it easier for you, just assume he can't hit more than 0% of clutch shots.

That player is still worth $40m+. Can win a championship with him on the roster. Get off your hamster wheel.

BTW JAMES HARDEN WILL STILL HAVE A BAD GAME, IT WON'T GO THE WAY YOU USED TO DREAM.

#42 Mathloom, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    dmoneybangbang, HP3 and Rocket River like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He has a bad game?

Rocket River

4. HardenVolumeOne

but harden got open just fine to hit that gamewinning 3 point shot heard round the world againist the warriors that one night

5. Mathloom

Supporting Member

You would think so with the way the cockroaches came out in this thread.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That was a drawn up play, which is a different situation.

7. HardenVolumeOne

that miracle 3 was drawn up lol, harden had to shake klay off an inbounds pass and then hit a tough 3 againist 2 guys

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is crazy

Rocket River

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes? It was a drawn up play that came after a timeout. Harden came running from back court and Tucker screened his defender so he could get the inbound. That wasn't random, and that's not the kind of situation we're talking about here.

10. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

He did not have a bad game at all outside of the 3-point shooting. 38/8/7 on still decent efficiency.

Dort is playing incredible defense. That last drive in OT when Harden got blocked, there's not another defender in the league who would've stayed with James on that burst to the rim. Kid is playing out of his mind on D and Harden is still averaging 32/8/7 on 45 percent for the series.

Just needs to get his 3-pointer going.

Mathloom likes this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

lillard and luka does the same thing in close games, they start in the backcourt too. Im not sure what you are trying to say, are you saying you want harden to risk an offensive foul when guys like marcus smart and cp3 will flop to get a turnover in that situation

12. Caprah

Caprah Member

So you go on and pick a couple of plays and ignore the real reasons why this team lost which were Gordon sucking and House monumental *** ups to start a harden hate thread and then say oh I’m not here to bash Harden?

It’s like the racist who says but all my friends are black .

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to blame him for the soft late game D, he knows that CP3 will bait him into a foul if he gets too close. The entire team's defense was extra soft those last few possessions in regulation.

On the inbound play, MDA has to develop better plays to get the ball in when they're being pressured. Harden probably didn't want to push off for separation and risk fouling out at the end there, we all know it's happened before.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you know what his TS% was for this game?

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

OKC is a top 6 defense with a coach who only has a job because of his defensive coaching and an all time great defensive PG, they will take 1 type of shot away from Harden or MJ or Hakeem or anyone ever in history. Yes those players will overcome it for a game or 2. However, we are talking about a playoff series.

Greatness = punishing what they do to take that shot away and never letting your shooting confidence be attached to shots you took in the past.

We literally don't need to get his 3 going for the series btw. We won the first 2 games and the first 3 quarters of the 3rd with his shooting being disrupted.

Harden is playing perfect, played well enough to close game 3. Team wasn't there. House made a mistake that is understandable from his level of experience. The team got a bit cocky on offense, you could see it.

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

He didn't put up resistance on any one of the three plays you listed because he was one foul from fouling out.

I understand you feeling sad or frustrated, but this isn't an example of poor defense at the end of a game. It's an example of playing with five fouls.

His defense has been stellar in this series.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  17. SORF

SORF Member

OMG....HARDEN HAD 5 FOULS. CP3 knew it and drove right at Harden knowing Harden couldn't stop him with out getting the six foul. When CP3 started holding Harden at the end of the game, he was trying to foul Harden out...it failed. Why do some of these posters here can't understand Harden was trying to avoid picking up his 6th foul. He is needed on the floor in the 4th quarter...not sitting on the bench with 6 fouls. The real question should be, why didn't other Rockets try to step up and stop the drive by CP3. Why did they leave Harden unprotected to pick up the 6 foul? Westbrook would have stepped over and challenged CP3's drive to protect Harden. Harden had no choice but let CP3 go by.

Stop the Harden hating and learn the game. It's not that hard to learn. I was expecting CP3 and other OKC players to go at Harden when he was called for his 5th.. It is Basketball 101...eliminate the starring competition of the other team. Geez!

18. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I think some of you guys are misconstruing my frustration as hating on Harden. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Harden played amazing. As I stated, we wouldn’t have been up 2-0 without Harden. He’s a top 5 player and we’re extremely lucky to have him. That being said, he has a history of late game brain farts. The idea that you can’t critique certain elements of his game without being called a Harden hater is disingenuous in my opinion.

19. SORF

SORF Member

Because it is part of the Harden hating. Any player that can play defense as well he does against their hated Harden, they will love. Harden and Dort are built the same. They have the same strength. They both play good defense, maybe Dort a bit better, but Harden has the offense too whereas Dort doesn't. Both have great footwork. If Dort has the work ethic that I think he does, he will develop into a good to great player as long as he works hard on his shooting. I see promise in Dort. I like Dort...as long as he doesn't hurt Harden physically. I would like him as a Rocket!

ronclone likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This was on Mike. He should have subbed in Rivers or someone

Rocket River