1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (2)LA Clippers vs. (7)Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 14, 2020.

?

(2)LA Clippers vs. (7)Dallas

Poll closed Aug 17, 2020.
  1. Clippers in 4

5.6%
  2. Clippers in 5

16.7%
  3. Clippers in 6

38.9%
  4. Clippers in 7

11.1%
  5. Mavs in 7

16.7%
  6. Mavs in 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mavs in 4

11.1%
  1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, for Luka only being 21 I can't imagine how good he will be by the time he's 25. I give the kid credit for breaking an NBA scoring record in his first playoff game. He just needs to clean up the turnovers but did make some great passes.

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Luka will be Harden when Harden retires.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He needs to make his clutch FTs and shoot 35% or better from deep.

All good.

He is a Euro so might have other objectives than the local superstar.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Clippers got very lucky with that bullshit ejection. And hearing that former ref Javie defend referees and saying they will get punished for not calling those arm gestures, I don't believe it. Since when has that been a rule, the arm gesture after a foul is automatic technical? Love Mark Jackson pointing out the Warriors, Draymond Green in particular, without actually saying who he was talking about.

Anyway, this will be a great series and people thinking Mavs got screwed by the refs, stop. That ejection yes, but for the rest is very well called. Clippers whine and flop a lot, referees didn't fall for it. I didn't realise Kawhi picked up so many tricks from Lowry ;) he's practically Harden with the head cocking back and flailing his arms when he gets stripped. This will be not be easy for the Clippers, when it actually should be given their talent.

Mavs just played awful in the 4th, Hardaway Jr. trying to be a hero, then Curry with the forced 3 on a 4-on-2 situation - this is the one I hate the Rockets taking in an exact situation. Luka showed his disgust and rightfully so. On our team, that's seen as a good shot, and that is the problem. Anyway, awesome game. Hope it goes 7.

P.S. Luka 11 turnovers, very sloppy, will he be held to same standard as Harden? Didn't hear a single squeak on air about it. Ow yeah, I hate Marcus Morris' fake tough guy act. Such an annoying ass. And Beverley has just turned into a joke.

#124 JW86, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

The refs nudges. Lot of times it's enough. Even if Mavs played a perfect 4th quarter and won the game. A close game keeps the eyeballs and is considered a TV rating win.

Hate to see it. Mavs fans, clippers fans, people just want a fair game.

RayRay10 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Their fault they locked themselves into that 7th seed to begin with.

It will get better.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, but for his first playoff game and only 2nd year in the league, he has a lot of potential to improve being only 21.

#127 deb4rockets, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    plutoblue11 and daywalker02 like this.
  8. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Harden had the most turnovers in one game in NBA playoff history like 5 years ago.

9. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I think prozingas gets away with it if they were playing in front of a live crowd with thousands of fans. Since, there’s really no distractions on the court the refs would probably get in trouble for missing that call if it’s like javie says....anyways I agree. Dallas wins that game if prozingas wasn’t ejected.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It’s KP’s fault. He thought he was the superstar Euro for a second. Nope. Bye bye....

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scrub Bev getting dragged on twitter :D

Never forget...

[​IMG]

12. Lovemachine2000

Morris did an excellent job guarding Luca last night, cutting off his drives with physical play but not fouling, forcing Luca to kick out. Yeah Luca got his points last night, but most of his layups came in the final minutes of the game. Adding in PG and Kawhi, the Clippers are a tough team to beat with their tough wing defense.

13. JW86

JW86 Member

Well, I have to disagree here. For TV ratings it makes sense to never eject someone early in the 3rd when it's that close. It would've been much more exciting and fans would've enjoyed it much more had that not happened. This was strictly referees applying dumb ass rules instead of using their heads. I really don't get the NBA, why don't they just acknowledge it's entertainment and then adjust the rules accordingly?

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Kinda like the WWE?

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If the Clippers survive till the WCF and we face them after we beat the Blazers, it will be interesting to see how Westbrook and Bev knock heads.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

No, that is scripted horseplay. The games would still be competitive and about winning, but with clear rules showing the intent like how now it's legal to have a gather step before two steps. It was always interpreted / allowed, but now finally in the rule book. That flopping is not punished and a legal technique. If they don't want that, then make it more strict and say flopping is automatic technical.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scrub Bev...

KingCheetah and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Mavericks' second best player got ejected with practically half the game to go. It totally deflates the team and sets the tone for the rest of the game, especially with how terrible the call was.

They absolutely got screwed.

20. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Mavs start the game with 8-0 run.

So does Beverley has an impact for Clipper's defense mentality?