1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Scrubington

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Asian Sensation, Aug 14, 2020.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Makes other asian fans look bad. Like covington basically plays ariza role, being able to defend at multiple spots. Calls the man a scrub for not shooting well. Blows my mind. Injuries happen hence y we might lose, not bc of the system. Like 2-6 seed there isnt that much of a gap, recordwise.

HP3, D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  2. Asian Sensation

Thanks buddeh. Didn’t know you were a douche connoisseur.

3. Asian Sensation

1-4 in a “get right” “practice game”. Plus he didn’t look confident at all shooting them. Let’s hope he saved them for the playoffs.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Hope is BS when it comes to Covington. This guy most likely don’t even want to playing. He’s just out here collecting a check. I don’t see where most of these guys outside of Harden, Rivers and Westbrook really want it. I think Tucker tries but his new role is just too much.

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'm more worried about PJ's shooting. Looks like he's catapulting the ball up there with his arms, not using his legs for lift or something. We need those corner threes or it's going to be yet another dud postseason.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Need to move on from PJ Tucker if he’s not coming off the bench playing a combo forward position. Just like I said when we had Battier. These types of players go to other real championship teams and become 6th or 7th man guys off the bench.

7. pippsux

pippsux Member

And they are mostly open 3s.....apparently they are the most difficult

8. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

So.... I blame the taxing offensive system for why Roco's shooting has fallen off a cliff [​IMG]. As long as he can shut down Gallo in the playoffs I think we'll be alright. The title sucks though.

"On behalf of Robert Covington", what? Who are you? His wife? Y'all do a lot in these threads.

HP3 likes this.
  9. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I miss CC!!!! Not even fun to watch. Miss the Harden alley oops. Morey and MDA F’D us.

ashleyem and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Always an excuse. It ain’t injuries outrebounding and outshooting us.....

11. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He is dropping for his statistic

12. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

The only person who looks bad is you. This is an asinine generalization.

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You build a 3 point shooting team around two stars (one of which can’t shoot threes) and a bunch of scrubs who are sub-average NBA players (Green, House, Tucker, McLemore, etc.) and this is the result. Doesn’t matter if it is tall ball or small ball....you need talent to win Championships and the Rockets clearly are lacking in that area. This definitely ain’t Clay, Steph, Green, and KD.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Didn’t even mention Bogut or Looney, who played significant minutes when needed for their small ball during Championship seasons. You simply can’t get rid of Capela and not replace the position and expect to be holding a trophy. Feel bad for Harden who is the greatest player of our generation jumping ball at beginning of games and having to cover centers. What a way to ruin his final meaningful years as a Rocket.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Everyone on this team has ugly shooting forms besides Harden, McLemore, EG and players who get no meaningful playing time like Clemmons.

ashleyem likes this.
  16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This isn’t exactly true. Morey said according to shot metrics he was on the upper end of taking the most difficult shots and with our spacing he should see an improvement in his 3fg%. Dude, was already a 37% for the two previous seasons on a high volume.

38-39% is reasonable here.

D-rock, harold bingo and HP3 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I didn't think he meant it offensively, just inept wording.

Shouldn't be throwing the card around that often.

Hope we can chill while watching games.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Do we even have a shooting coach?

tinman likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hmmmm.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Anyone who uses CFs regularly, is one at this point...to be fair

D-rock likes this.