1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook strained right quadriceps

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 12, 2020.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Thanks...

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we could have beaten the j*zz with harden alone. against okc, much harder task. this franchise is snakebit

bro2044 and joshuaao like this.
  5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Franchise is dumb. He shouldn't have been playng.

Little Bit and BeBreezy like this.
  6. jacoby

jacoby Member

Supporting this franchise is like battered wife syndrome.

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Can 2020 just end please.

8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

fire keith jones

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

thoughts on the first two games bw bucks/memphis and dallas/phx. Portland may not have to win their game tonight, depending on how the first 3 games turn out. They may even be able to rest their guys

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you were saying

11. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is concerning...if they expect him to miss multiple playoff games that means he's supposed to be out for weeks. This sounds like something that's going to be bothering him throughout the entire playoffs.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  12. jowman

jowman Member

Why is Keith Jones around. Rockets have been plagued with injuries at worst possible times every time they are contending for a championship.

The players never get injured before going to Houston and suddenly stop getting injured once they go to another team

13. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

If we lose this series because of Westbrook being injured and CP3 being healthy and making an impact, this will be a bad look for the front office.

14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Atrocious load management to say the least. The tail risk is just too high to take a chance like this. I’m absolutely downcast now.

Rockets in Six

D-rock likes this.
  15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I blame covid. Maybe if he didn’t have to miss the pre start training camp this doesn’t happen.

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Honest and wishful opinion.

Rockets looking at a long playoff push and don't want to worsen his injury.

If they don't think we can't win without him...I think he definitely plays Game 1. Hell, he just played a couple days ago.

Being optimistic here.

hieuytran, D-rock and Patience like this.
  17. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Unbelievable that year after year even we know we are going to have this streaks of people not being able to play. And somehow we still manage to give away games with the full roster because of lack of effort.

2nd year in a row where the round 1 matchup and our final seeding is worst that it could be because of lack of focus on both the management and the players.

And it presents us the fans with a serious question, if these guys and the decision makers don't care about the seeding and the regular season, why should we?
    Particularly awful the last 2 games where what initially seemed to be a great game day with early start ends up being an incomplete team struggling to remain in the game.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I ain’t touching any of those. I only bet straight up winners (moneyline), I don’t mess with spreads and it’s such a toss up and the payouts are so low that I think I’m going to sit today out and just save my aggressive bets for the playoffs. Portland is still kind of a must win assuming one of Phoenix or Memphis win. They don’t want to be the 9th seed and play an extra game before the Lakers.

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

how so? are they expected to predict that an injury-prone guy will be healthy and a healthy guy will get injured? it would look bad if we kept cp3 and he was hurt again, and even that is basically just luck (as we are seeing right now). not much that can be done about injuries.

D-rock likes this.
  20. csc177

csc177 Member

Harden honestly can’t catch a break. This dude is healthy year in and year out only Left to carry the load by himself...yet again. smH

Expect Chris Paul to play like a superstar and force us to rush Russ back on one leg...

frustrating being a rockets fan

bro2044 likes this.