1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wilbon: Coaches say they will discombobulate Harden in the playoffs and he won't know what to do

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Aug 4, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Was Wilbon on that? Didn't notice.

But Malika Andrews is gorgeous!!!

And when she starts talking basketball I just lose my mind. :D

krnballa23, Mathloom and RayRay10 like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

A lot actually. Just depends on personnel, scheme, and actual discipline of the team

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I didn't know they still had a tv show. Are these coaches Wilbon's talking about Mark Jackson and Coach Nick from YouTube? I wonder if Wilbon knows that Trevor Ariza, Clint Capela, Ryan Anderson, Gerald Green, Joe Johnson, Nene and Chris Paul are all gone from the team now? That and Eric Gordon is injured as well. Basically we have Harden and PJ Tucker left from that 0/27 game, but people still bring it up as if it would happen again without the same people involved.

Here's the other thing... just because people are confident about what they say.. it doesn't mean you should believe them. A lot of people are faking it. It's what competitive people do to themselves to give themselves a chance.

4. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

1) Double teams is so clearly old news, but here is ESPN's own guy talking about it in December: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28243765/james-harden-vs-double-teams-winning

2) Making a big deal about 21 of 61 as if that is some monumental achievement? Of course we won't hit everything, but we must have missed 30 WIDE OPEN 3s that game. It was shooting practice all night long. If we only hit 34% on a night when they are all wide open and beat the best defensive team in the league, who can stop us on a night we hit 40% of our wide open 3s? That would have made it a 15 point win vs. the Bucks on a night they outrebounded us by almost 30.

Killatron 2000, Patience, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, I was thinking same thing - "so coach Nick, er I mean anonymous coaches have stated they figured Harden out" hahah, yeah you figured out he's going to torch your team with insane shooting/passing (long list of skills etc).

Love it, I hope houston/harden just use all this trash reporting as fuel.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Did he really say Harden won't be the same person if he gets doubled vs when he gets single coverage?

That's the most blanket, innocuous statement I've heard all week. No one is the same when they get doubled. Not LeBron, not Curry, not Giannis. They all have to kick the ball out to a lesser talented teammate and hope they do something with the sudden 4v3 advantage.

Patience, D-rock, CCity Zero and 5 others like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Disscombotch....what?

Pretty sure that’s illegal in 49 states

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm just saying... there have been playoff series where Harden seems to discombobulate HIMSELF, without the other coaches having to do anything. So... we'll see.

I guess Doc could bench Kawhi against us. Worked like a ****ing CHARM in the past.

Just sayin...

9. jowman

jowman Member

Who’d this hack blow to get on TV

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Good. Russ gonna dump a giant **** to those teams. Please.

The best bet for those teams is steady diet of pounding down low on us and guard the perimeters well. Scramble games benefit us.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Doc, Nick Nurse, SVG, and some other coach I can’t remember where having some discussion recently, and by the way they were talking about Harden, they haven’t figured out sh*t

Harden was held to 23 points, but the Rockets hit 22 threes

there is no “figuring out” or “discombobulating” Harden...u either play him straight up and he likely drops 40, or u try some radical scheme to slow him down and hope the rest of the team doesn’t hit the plethora of wide open threes they will be conceding in order to do so

BigMaloe, Patience, Nook and 5 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

from the survey that was released before the season

Which player forces opposing coaches to make the most adjustments?

1. James Harden, Houston — 48%

2. Stephen Curry, Golden State — 17%
    LeBron James, L.A. Lakers — 17%

4. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee — 14%

5. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn — 3%

Deuce, glenadyll, BigMaloe and 10 others like this.
  13. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

This is part of the problem when I listen to national sports media. I actually like PTI, but Wilbon and Kornheiser can have some absolutely stupid ****ing takes, particularly regarding the Astros or Rockets.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, and he's not an MVP or first team nba on some ballots, gtfo media voters

pippendagimp and Reeko like this.
  15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I didn’t even know he still existed lol...

Reeko likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pass to the open shooter or go the rack are the only options Russ should know.

Elephant810 and s3ts like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I liked PTI when I was 13 , Wilbon is a crotchety old man now

TWS1986 likes this.
  18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

And yet he still hasn't figured out the Bucks'.

19. riko

riko Member

This just illustrates how great harden is

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

We may might end up seeing teams sacrifice a open man and double harden off the ball with one guy face guarding him and the other behind him.