1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Learning about Afghanistan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OlajuwonFan81, Aug 2, 2020.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Hi Clutchfans,

I'm in the process of starting a youtube channel. It's in the beginning stages and I'm trying to get my cousin better camera equipment, he's the one that will be doing the filming from Afghanistan. My parents were born in Afghanistan and have always cherished and missed some old footage of the country. Youtube has very limited content and there really aren't many other platforms showing everyday life in the country.

So I thought to myself, well maybe I can start something with my free time. I'm currently working from home so I have some extra time to learn video editing. My videos are currently trash but I assure you they will improve. If you can take a moment and check out the channel and hopefully subscribe I'd appreciate it. If and when this channel becomes profitable, I plan to donate much of the proceeds to an orphanage or widows in Afghanistan. My goal isn't to make money.

I plan to update this channel daily. I know it's not for everyone so even if you have no interest in it, just a subscription click will be greatly appreciated. For those that enjoy this type of content, please let me know what you'd like to watch. We're currently listening for ideas; it seems most people are interested in the food but I was hoping to expand to other things like going to the rural villages and interviewing people and showing how they live. That is what interests me anyway.

Please click on the link below and thanks for reading:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKRB-o-63up7khjUI4ZT2Nw?view_as=subscriber

R0ckets03, TWS1986 and JumpMan like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is pretty cool. This is the type of content I like watching as opposed to some videos where things seem staged. I'd rather see "every day" stuff. When I have relatives go overseas or live overseas, I usually try to tell them to bring back pics or videos of just every day things happening. Even if it's just a scene of people walking down the street or cooking in a kitchen. Especially panoramic views of landscape, city streets, etc.

#2 Dr of Dunk, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    OlajuwonFan81 and Deckard like this.
  3. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Subscribed. Thanks for sharing.

Can you give some details on those sweets?

And, is it just the video or do people drive really fast there?

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Thanks for the subscription. Yes, when I visited there I literally thought I was going to be killed in a car accident. It's absolutely wild over there, in fact I think that's a good idea for a video. lol

As far as the sweets, there's so many in that video. Don't you just love the colors? Many are actually from our neighboring country Pakistan. Here's a couple of links that provide further details on the types of sweets you saw in the video.

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/gulab-jamun-recipe-using-milk-powder/

https://food.ndtv.com/lists/10-best-mithai-recipes-1667391

ryan_98 likes this.