1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hydrochloriquine/Z-Pack/Zinc, savior of America?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ElPigto, Jul 27, 2020.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Even though his account is only temporarily restricted, it’s about time. This isn’t the first time Donald Trump, Jr. has made a tweet that violated Twitter’s code of conduct.

#81 DVauthrin, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Major

Major Member

He does what his twitter feed tells him to. He doesn't, and never has, had any opinions of his own. As his twitter feed has gone off the rails, so has he.

Nook likes this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I’m so sorry for your loss.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

tf are you talking about. it's posts about people in the field talking about actual experiences dealing with their patient's, which i highly doubt you even went through. yeah im gonna post information because the more information you gather, the better off people are. if that doesn't satisfy you, i couldn't give two ****'s since you seem to be stuck on your own agenda which is a huge reason why this is all a mess in the first place. people who think other information that doesn't apparently agree automatically gets disregarded. random's on cf's over actual dr's dealing with patients. riiiight LOL

jcf and RayRay10 like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Well they can keep twittering.

Nook likes this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What's the video that Don Jr tweeted out? It does seem overly restrictive to suspend someone for tweeting a medical/scientific opinion, even if it is a minority one. Not sure how having hope that hydroxycloroquine could be part of a viable treatment, if that's what the video is arguing, would be harmful to watch.

Astrodome, RayRay10 and jcf like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The harm in the video was Dr. Immanuel suggesting that we have a cure for COVID. She suggested that we do not need to wear masks because early treatment with HCQ/Zpack/Zinc was effective in treating patients with symptoms. She went as far to imply that taking this combination of medicines would be good to prevent an individual from getting COVID. Link I posted was also deleted by YouTube.

I think it's incredibly important in this day and age to restrict information like this going out to the public. I just argued with a bunch of conservatives over the weekend and they all truly believe this ****. Senator Bob Hall (Texas Senate) shared garbage data as well and suggested we would have 90% less deaths if we would of started this combination of medicine early in the process. Unfortunately, we have a block of the country that drinks this BS and it is dangerous to allow this information to get out.

I posted this because I seriously wanted some discussion. I had not looked into this doctor's past so I was personally confused why the hell she was saying what she was saying and really wanted to have a discussion about it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think if you hide/restrict videos like that, it is counter productive. To people who are politically committed to believing it, any effort to suppress it would be viewed through that political lens. If the facts are wrong, it is much more effective to put out a counter video that demonstrates why the facts are wrong. There shouldn't be anything to hide here.

YOLO, RayRay10 and jcf like this.
  9. jcf

jcf Member

I don't see how if medical professionals have differing views, even if one is a minority view, blocking the minority view serves the public interest. I get it that if it was a non-medical professional trying to sell a quack cure that one might want to suppress the information to protect the public.

Here it appears like a fair number of doctors in Houston were on video touting the use. Seems newsworthy.

I'm not a big fan of there being some entity that gets to decide what the "one truth" is.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I like how citing the American Journal of Epidemiology and Yale School of Medicine is "insane". Spare us your indignation.

The silencing of any dissent and scientific debate on HCQ is telling. Big Pharma can't make any money off of it as a treatment or prophylactic.

#90 Commodore, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. Personally, I don't need people protesting masks and social distancing and putting our health at risks because of statements like these. It's reckless. It's the reason I was happy when Trump stopped his press briefings on COVID, he was focused on campaigning rather than presenting good data.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes
    Especially if the truth came from the media
    According to ESPN the Rockets won because Michael Jordan never played in either seasons
    Yet somehow millions of fans watched Shaq destroy the Bulls in 95 and suddenly don’t remember
    @Reeko @Os Trigonum

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This doctor went a little too far.

You can't claim you have a cure when that isn't a fact. I think we can all agree here, regardless of your political beliefs, that a cure does not exist for COVID. Should we make a poll on this? I also think a medical doctor implying to take a combination of medicines to prevent COVID is wrong. Do we really need people going to their doctor's office and demanding prescriptions for something that has not been proven a fact?

14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

The video says there is a cure, hydroxycloroquine... that people do not need to wear masks, that people do not need to take any preventative measures. It also features a doctor that published a study that has since been discredited.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Could you explain the results of the double blind studies Dr. Risch performed that he drew his conclusions from?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

One problem is they provide no proof, no research, no studies, nothing except anecdotal. When that occurs, you then have to look into the character of the people claiming this to be true.

Their character leaves a lot to be desired.

18. Major

Major Member

So you're suggesting the doctor that believes the government is run by reptiles and aliens and that cysts are caused by having sex with witches in your dreams is NOT a quack and a solid source of credible information?

jiggyfly, BmwM3 and DVauthrin like this.
  19. Major

Major Member

This is how you create confusion as far as what health precautions people should be taking and how people end up dead.

It's not the job of professionals to counter every insane Youtube conspiracy theory out there - it's a massive waste of precious time and resources.

Facebook, Youtube, etc have every right to restrict dangerous content that literally encourages people to spread a pandemic that has shut down the world.

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That's heavy. Sorry 2020 has been so crappy for you.