1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 24, 2020.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While I view your sentiments as likely, I am becoming more and more reluctant to assume anything about this season.

2. CinematicFusion

Agree... I’m looking at tea leaves for positive vibes.
    We are a long way away from Justin Verlander, Gerrit Cole, Dallas Keuchel, Charlie Morton, and Lance McCullers Jr. in 18.

But Verlander gets healthy and we can roll with Verlander McCullers Greinke

3. Major

Major Member

Its bizarre to me that with JV, people thought this was one of the two or three best teams in baseball and now you're talking about sub-0.500 or barely making the playoffs? JV wasn't even going to pitch in 80% of the games.

I can see not being a favorite for the title because of a lack of an ace, but the regular season is a different story. If you think they'll struggle to even make an expanded playoffs where 0.500 is likely all it takes, then you probably shouldn't have thought they were all that good in the first place.

King1, htwnbandit, Cold Hard and 5 others like this.
  4. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I hope Javier gets a few starts

Joe Joe likes this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

[​IMG]

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well not sure if the mlb season finishes at this point

Uprising likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I figured a team would get impacted at some point to this level... didn't think it would happen within the first week.

The only extra concern is whether or not the Phillies end up impacted by this since the Marlins likely brought a version of this with them.... and then you see the true harms/risks about having teams travel back/forth in the midst of unprecedented numbers in some states.

Remember when the NBA got shut down for one player getting it? Seems like decades ago...

Uprising likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

They tried it and it didn't work. SHUT 'ER DOWN!!!!

Uprising likes this.
  10. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

hope to god season isnt canceled :( watiing to here on this meeting there having today because the marlins

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

2020 gets better and better. We get teased with sports, then have it taken away. Again.

Uprising likes this.
  13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Seeing the lack of social distancing in the dugouts during games has been worrisome. I expected traveling would be an issue with the cameras off even before seeing the problems during games. Though, I wonder what the league positive rate is now versus when players showed up.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The NBA is doing just fine so far.

Baseball was always going to be the hardest one to bring back just because how often they play games. Their bubble would have to be a state with multiple stadiums and...it would just be harder I guess.

NFL I think could theoretically have teams enter a bubble going into the game, they play week to week after all, so there should be 0 reason for players playing with Coronavirus seeing as how they have a week, sometimes two, to test them.

NBA's playing space is just smaller. You can put a court anywhere and the teams are smaller. I think the NBA will be fine, even if we have dummies like Lou Williams.

MLB can still continue but they MUST account for delays. It's that simple. I know they have plans of ending the season at its normal date and then starting the 2021 season at its normal date but that is simply not going to happen. Instead, the end date of this season should be fluid and the start date of next season should simply be later.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Its over folks

Uprising likes this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

**** the marlins.

They knew . Did anyone catch the marlins game ? were all of the players wearing masks at all times ?

18. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

I didnt expect social distancing in the dug out tbh, but ya confusing that just a few players wore masks the entire time, makes sense base running i guess to mask up? but ya if one of our players had covid in the dug out, youd think for sure we see outbreak :(

19. Buck Turgidson

You really can't push back the end of the season much more than it already is due to weather.

JayGoogle and TexasTofu like this.
  20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yankees/philllies cancelled?