1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USA vs Poland

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Uprising, Mar 31, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

62 minute in the game,

USA 1 POL 0

ON ESPN2

Pol has a 7 game winning streak, that is at jeopardy right now.

2. CReyna

CReyna Member

Is anyone watching? How does Conor Casey look?

3. Uprising

I am watching...he looks good. Tired now though this late in the game.

It's a good game, nice and exciting. Both teams are having many good chances to score.

4. Uprising

Game over, Beasley's goal wins the game. 1-0 USA!!!

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Conor Casey looked really good in the first half. Greg Vanney looked good on the back line.

6. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Finally the Barras y Estrellas win in europe.
    If I were Bruce I would make it a point to play in Europe every reasonable chance I get.
    I know the WC is 2 years away but as a team the US has to play against any European side that wants to play.
    Every WC held in Europe has been characterized by tough fouling and hostile crowds.
    I would love to see the US go to the last eight again in Germany and really shock the Eurosnob football fans there!!

Brazil will win in Germany anyway But that doesn't mean that they can't play the USA in the final.

Mark my words BRAZIL WILL WIN in 2006.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Way to go out on a limb.

:rolleyes:

DD

8. Uprising

Man, I remember the last WC. It was great, I was in Switzerland and watched the games with a number of europeans and arabs. The saudis and europeans kept saying how much the USA won, and yet they kept winning.

AND SAUDI lost like 8-0 against Germany I think....Man we were laughing our heads off at my buddy who was talking sh** the whole time about the USA.....I almost felt bad, I wanted SA to score. That game was so sad.

9. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

How about this for a limb:

Brazil 3 vs. Germany 1

Brazil will win by 2 or more goals!

10. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Mexico will win the world cup in 2006, I'll stand by that.

11. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Mexico stinks. The only semblance of a world-class player they have now is Marquez.

The Mexican League is basically indoor soccer or normal soccer on speed. It just isn't a good enough preparatory league for the WC and other tourneys.

12. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

I don't fancy their chances that much, actually.

13. The Voice of Reason

IIRC casey got an assist on that goal, so Id say he did his job.

I was reading an article about the game and its funny what struck me about it. Beasley is 21 now. I know out team is characterized by youth, but ya know in my mind Beasley was still a kid. I guess he is not. I guess he should be nearing his prime. I have seen him play many games and he surely is quick. He surely is talented, but he is playing in Chicago, not Barcelona. I hold MLS to a high level and all, but I would hope that Americas best youth is good enough for Europes best clubs. Just an observation.

My feelings on WC06 will likely be cemented on the 17th. I am gonna head to Giants Stadium for what some day may be referd to as the dawn of a new era in American soccer. Freddy comes to NYC.
    I started looking into tickets last night and their opening day promotion is already sold out. There are tickets available, but this kid is causing too much of a buzz for me to stay away. Giants stadium selling out for a soccer match would be nice. being there for little pele's first game in NY would be awsome.
    Sure he is opening in DC against SJ, but driving to DC just isnt gonna happen this weekend. 14 years old and I was Freshman in HS. I thought I was the goods after making varsity as a Sophmore. Even if MLS existed back then I dont think I would have made a College team let alone a professional team. 14 frekin yers old!!!.
    I would like to see him in Germany 06. I would like our other young players to play up to their potential. I would think that depending on the draw the US Nats could make it to the 8 again. If he is the freak he is said to be I could see the emergance of our little Pele in Germany. I could see a magical run to the 4, and would begin top belive in god if we make the finals.

but Brazil wont make the finals this cup.
    Germany is strong
    Argentina is even stronger.
    Germany will need a new keeper however.
    I really dont know much, but if you want to stand next to El Tri, go ahead. That would be like me standing by America to win it.

El Tri will have another cup some day, but it will only come if they are the host nation.

I am swewing poop from my keyboard
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I saw this game yesterday...I was quite surprised by Team USA...

Anyway, soccer is always great to watch...

15. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Yeah a lot of teams that stink are ranked number 5 in the world, that is all.

16. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

What does IIRC stand for?

Without knowing much at all about soccer, I actually like to watch it as well. I didn't really care for the MLS games I watched though... lots of contact and it seems less organized. Games on Telemundo are always kinda exciting though. Also, when I go back to china late at night they'll show Eurocup highlights... wow... so cool.

17. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Yeah anyone know how i can watch eurocup games in Austin, TX. I like soccer, MLS is too boring, I watch those one or two eurocup games they show on ESPN every now and then. Someone let me know

18. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

If those rankings meant anything, you would have an excellent point.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Why do you guys think MLS is boring. Is it because of the quality of play or something else?

20. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I think that the MLS soccer in general is still trying to find it's way as far as style of play.
    I get the feeling that they want to make it appealing to everyone (more scoring) and less about the technical aspect of the game.
    The thing I do like about MLS is that they're giving alot of US players a chance to play day in and day out which eventually helps the national team.
    Let's not kid ourselves the big prize as far as US soccer is concerned will be winning the WC which the US will win in the next 14 years.

as far as Brazil, if they're not in the WC then that will be a sad day indeed.
    and Germany's goalkeeper situation will only get worse when Kahn leaves. it will probably go to Lehmann who as talentad as he is is still a head case.