1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

James Harden wearing a Blue Lives Matter mask????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 16, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

at the end of the day, harden has always been the type to not care whether he's approved by others or not. he has his small known circle and always does his own thing. He made a statement about being an honest mistake and we likely won't hear much from it anymore from him specifically. He'll let the twitter trigger fingers do what they do best and he'll focus on what he can control. just another day in the life of harden. moving along

King1, TMac'n, DreamShook and 4 others like this.
  2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Sure is a sign of a free society when you do not have to worry about what you say or wear......

Now about that FreeHongKong........

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. Beard with a step-back.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

more like he doesn't care

D-rock, Fantasma Negro and topfive like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

King1, NotInMyHouse, TMac'n and 13 others like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at anyone who thought Harden actually knew the meaning behind that mask

he thought it looked cool...we all know Harden who is so into fashion wouldn’t roll up in some generic all-black mask...he saw the skull, thought it looked cool, it was big enough to cover his face, and so he picked it

this situation needs to die...it was an honest mistake...not guilty

King1, Roomba, DreamShook and 5 others like this.
  7. Handles

Handles Member

Sad but true. Tbh - and I mean this with all my heart - **** those people. Just **** 'em and keep on living.

KlutchQT likes this.
  8. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I literally only learned about this blue line thing today from this thread. When I told my friends about it no one knew what it was either. If you look at the facebook vids with him wearing the mask no one bats an eyelash. So if a symbol has to go through the filters of woke twitter for it to be recognized, could it really even be a statement?

#188 lakersuck2, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  9. amaru

amaru Member

I love Harden's skillset, but he really seems to live in his own little world. This is the second incident of this type he's had in the last 12 months. I really do believe that he had no idea what the image on the gaiter neck meant because I believe he virtually lives under a rock. One thing I do like about guys like LBJ, Steph, Russ etc. is that, even though I don't always agree with them, they seem to have an understanding of things happening around them that aren't basketball. Harden, on the other hand, seems to be lacking this awareness.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

This is one of the times where his rep will help him. Harden wearing something to look cool without knowing what the hell it was is quite believable.

lakersuck2 and amaru like this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

KlutchQT, D-rock and Nook like this.
  12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It's definitely believable. I think anybody who doesn't believe him is either committed to disliking him or disappointed that he doesn't appear to share their anti-BLM sentiments after all. Either way, at least he's accustomed to being disliked. It probably won't shake him the way it might some other players who get the teflon treatment and aren't used to the noise.

The Cat likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean a few of us know who Harden is

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Put this distraction behind and make good on the court.

But would think that Harden must put a social justice message on his jersey after this.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Lebron understands things? The LeBron who called out Morey for being "uninformed" yet is completely hypocritical of the situation in Hong Kong versus the US?

Meanwhile, Harden doesn't open his mouth, doesn't tweet, etc and is photographed with a face mask that you have to research pretty intensely to find out what it even symbolizes...and gets completely crapped on?

I bet if Steph or LeBron wore the same thing Harden did, the media will come to their defense and say "well, they probably didn't know the meaning behind the mask."

King1, ElPigto, joshuaao and 8 others like this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

smh, now he's probably going to be forced or pigeonholed into wearing BLM or something like that, on his jersey.

Not that BLM or any other social justice message is wrong, but in order to do damage control, he's probably going to have to do it.

And then when he does do it, people are going to say he's doing it only for the damage control.

Harden. Cannot. Win.

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Outrage!

OUTRAGE!

OUT!

RAGE!

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Seems like contradiction.
    I bet Harden is aware of what's happening around him. He's a very successful person.
    Maybe this blue line thing isn't happening around him. Make of that what you will.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL alot of people would never have associated that to some anti BLM logo

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

#200 JumpMan, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    NotInMyHouse, TMac'n and D-rock like this.