1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Balke is a POS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Feb 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCorn

CCorn Member

So what. @Roscoe Arbuckle has yelled at so many McDonald’s cashiers until they cry that he was once able to order The McRib while it was out of season.

gifford1967, davidio840, Nook and 3 others like this.
  2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yep. Bought my girlfriend (now wife) earrings there for the first Valentine’s Day we spent together 16 years ago. Forgot about that place.

Nook, Ubiquitin and Buck Turgidson like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Says the man that hates on Chicken Express.... What if Chicken E still gets people through tough times, what about that, huh?

He does it for the people. The world needs his reviews. How else would they know if french fries are crispy or not?

Invisible Fan, Nook and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

I think I bought every girlfriend I had in Houston 1 or 2 things from there.

Blake, Nook and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Whoa? What? Who? Why would anyone hate on Chicken Express? 1 spicy tender and 1 roll = 1 slider, more as needed for yourself or others. Perfect light working lunch or roadtrip food.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Ask the heathen that spells zero with an X.

Also, dont forget about the best dipping sauce available - GRAVY.

Buck Turgidson and Ubiquitin like this.
  7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Pancho's sopapillas dammit.

donkeypunch and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

After I moved to Austin in 1980, I only visited the neighborhood occasionally, especially the bookstore (I read a lot). I blanked out on Whole Foods being next door, but the Bookstop imprinted itself on my memory. Go figure. Thanks for clearing that up!

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

+ corn nuggets.

10. Buck Turgidson

Gotta be honest: never had 'em.

But I will now.

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Chicken express flat out SUCKS! Unless you remember to ask for those little red spice packets.....then it’s pretty decent.

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Booooooo!

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Well, this thread certainly blew up since I've been gone.

To start, Jeff said some disparaging things about this community. Yes we were talking and he pissed me off. Still shouldn't have posted it though. The fact that Clutch hasn't posted here tells me they also had a falling out, especially the way he was condemning this BBS.

As to food, most that have known me long enough know I have a good finger on the pulse of the food here. Did Eunice and Caracol last week. The reason I was writing on Fast Food was my reviews were posted on an Arkansas site and I had to review stuff that was both here and there. And people liked my reviews, so I kept sending them in.

I was also hired by 3 others: One that went belly up, Houston Press and Thrillest (who both said very soon they suddenly were all good. Pretty sure Jeff had a hand in that considering his wife was HP Editor & Thrillest's other writer also happened to work for the Houston Press.)

As to being married? Not hard to do if you're willing to settle. May not be a bad thing (one of my best friend's married because he figured it was time and she was good enough, but he wasn't too thrilled. 10 years later their marriage is great with 3 kids) but settling isn't for me. In fact, most of my friends my age think marriage isn't really for them, myself included.

But that is just fine. I have plenty of friends so I'm never alone. One of my girl friends is extremely attractive and gets new girls to come out with us all the time. And I like dating. I enjoy the challenge and know that I will almost always show them a good time, even if there isn't a connection.

Life is what you make of it and you can be completely content without a significant other.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Damn. @Roscoe Arbuckle just Ferris'd @Jeff's Mr. Rooney.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

We just wanted your opinion on the new bacon jalapeno impossible burger.

Batman Jones likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you are talking about the stickied thread at the top of the D&D forum, everything he said was/is true. And if there was some great divide between Jeff and Clutch, why hasn't the thread been removed after all these years?

17. Asian Sensation

Dear Fatty,

I don’t believe anybody asked about your marital status. The majority here already recognize a true playboy like yourself is never going to settle for just one. You’ve kindly reminded us on multiple occasions. Just in case you forgot......

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/car-lease-exit-options.299411/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/pretty-sure-im-a-serial-dater.300658/

But since you brought up dating... how about providing us with an update? Inquiring minds want to know.... did you ever get your $400 ‘loan’ back? Are you a schmuck? No? Yes?

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

His posting just smells.

19. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shockingly - SHOCKINGLY, I SAY - you are wrong.

Get back to dancing now.

20. Roscoe Arbuckle

Impossible burger I tried once at Hopdoddy. It had a bad aftertaste. Won't try it again. But I already posted about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.