1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Ford Bronco To Be Released On O.J.'s Birthday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I kinda like that 2-door one. But I have no use for one. I don't need all that to go to Walmart for curbside grocery pickup.

Sajan and tinman like this.
  2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

It’s what the FJ Cruiser should have been. Toyota really screwed the pooch not having removable doors and top.

BigShasta, tinman and Sajan like this.
  3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I like the way it looks, and I bet the 2.7 ecoboost in it gives it plenty of power. Just don't have the need. Maybe my wife would like the sport, but we'd probably prefer something with a third row (3 kids). Our fun car having days are over.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Why would they try to make a vehicle that competes with the wrangler? probably for profit

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Maybe it won't be a POS like the Jeep.

If it has better build quality, this will take sales away from Jeep for sure.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If I want a car that likely will have chronic problems, then I will get one. You would be wise to avoid them until the "issues" are worked out.

tinman and Sajan like this.
  7. Bandwagoner

The only thing "new" about it is the styling. The platform is ranger, the engine is F-150, the infotainment and camera tech is F-150.

Outside of typical launch year problems I'm not sure what could be a killer. This is typically why Ford staggers engine and platform releases. Not much of an issue as these will be impossible to get first year anyways.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Good to know. I admit I'm biased because of my previous experiences with another "first gen" Ford.

tinman likes this.
  9. Bandwagoner

They recently screwed the pooch completely on the Explorer, so 100% correct to be skeptical.

10. dmoneybangbang

I can get that, but I really like it. Certainly a new type of "ruggedness".

jiggyfly, Bandwagoner and Sajan like this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

You would think with as many Jeeps as they sell, and the model staying relatively the same for years....they would make it more reliable. nope.

Not that Ford is any better. I hear stories from my buddies who own F150s.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Class actions against Ford re: transmissions of some models of Mustang and Focus/ Fiesta -- they just seem to have left the obvious defect in for years. I'd never buy a Ford, but at least the Broncos look cool.

Sajan likes this.
  13. SuraGotMadHops

I had an F-150 that spontaneously combusted, all I will ever need to know to never, ever, ever, own a Ford again.

tinman and Sajan like this.
  14. Bandwagoner

Care to share the details? Ford rolled out some shite engines so just curious how you got hosed.

I don't think car companies realize just how much they alienate customers by screwing them over. I'm convinced a ton of Tesla buyers are the guys who bought BMW M cars with rod bearings that were considered consumables to be changed every 60K miles, Land rover superchargers, etc.

15. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

My old inline 6 has never let me down. Even drove it home on 2 qts of oil once from a leaking oil filter. That thing is a tank.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FJ Cruiser is still a hot commodity

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Focus/Fiesta issue wrecked Ford

18. SuraGotMadHops

It happened to hundreds of F-150s around the country that were the late 90's/early 2000's model, mine was one of the first. The issue, which was discovered several months after mine burned, was a defective cruise control wire that would get hot and ignite the brake fluid. Within minutes the truck was completely engulfed. Ford had a recall the next year, by that point I had already been compensated by insurance and didn't want to deal with it anymore. Luckily in my case nobody got hurt and no other property was damaged, with the exception of my roommates car that was parked next to mine. Other people were not as lucky - there were cases where the fire ignited after the driver parked in their garage and went to bed, burning the entire house down.

tinman likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Mustangs have had a bad Getrag manual transmission for a decade.

20. cebu

cebu Member

Toyota truck market share will be very bad next year but I'm guessing the new electric powered Tundra coming in 2022 is their best bet for redemption.