1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Harden has the rona

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 7, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Sorry to be off topic but, have you heard anything about Bruno? I really want to see him thrive.

D-rock and fattz like this.
  2. ktex

ktex Member

Correct.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I dont know his situation but if hes playing I hope its cause the doctors find him with no aftereffects and fully healthy. If he needs more recovery time as a fan I wouldn't mind if we give up this season.

But if hes full healthy again then I am pumped for the postseason

vlaurelio likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

No ****, thanks for the confirmation though ;)

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

Can't you still get it even if you got it before? Put Harden in a personal bubble!

Jontro likes this.
  6. titobrown

titobrown Member

I saw harden running at memorial park yesterday... so does not seem to serious

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I hope you kept your distance because even if it's not serious he should be home running on the treadmill and not out and about. General advice is wait 14 days after your positive test results and go get retested to make sure you're negative (especially if you have the means to get tested easily). Hopefully James is already testing negative. Everyone will come up to him and simply talking to him is a risk. Just because his battle with COVID is minor or non-existent doesn't mean he can't give it to his neighbor who could get the bad luck of the draw and end up with serious lasting issues.

Huncho Bean, amaru, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  8. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Doctors from Baton Rouge and numerous other cities have reported covid patients who were on ventilators then later recovered and tested negative, where back in the hospital and critical once again.

Also in the New England Journal of Medicine a while back during NY's problems, Johns Hopkins reported that asymptomatic patients under 35, with no prior risk factors were exhibiting a 67% increase in lung scaring which most likely will last throughout their lifetime.

malakas, amaru, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Why do some many people believe his weight loss has anything to do with COVID-19? Are people really this ignorant....?

malakas, D-rock, tinman and 2 others like this.
  10. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Covid has unusual systemic effects throughout the body, compared to other viruses. Likely it causes the immune system to go haywire or it is attacking cells lining the blood vessels throughout the body. It's still not well understood. Recent reports suggest it may have disease aspects in common with dengue fever, for which it's common to take weeks to recover.

amaru and D-rock like this.
  11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

perhaps... I dont think anybody has definitive answers on this crap yet...

"A crucial question remains unanswered, however: Is COVID-19 even subject to herd immunity? From universities to sports teams, top experts are still debating this issue."
    July 7, 2020, 6:50 PM

https://abcnews.go.com/US/vaccine-reach-herd-immunity-scientists/story?id=71662733

and then of course theres potential complications i mentioned initially... but we're mainly talking about guys in professional athlete condition so i'd think complications would be minimal...

idk... i dont think anybody knows anything definitively...

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Herd immunity is wishful thinking, unless it comes in the form of a vaccine. Think of it like a forest fire -- after the forest burns down, the forest can't burn anymore. A few trees may survive and the forest will grow back. But the vast majority of trees are already cinders

A vaccine would be if you found a way to prevent the trees from burning in the first place.

13. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

The beard IS the mask...

TMac'n, pippendagimp and BossHogg713 like this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Pics or it didn't happen.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly! The novel coronavirus can remain positive for a month or even more. That’s why quarantines are highly recommended.
    I was always worried about Harden, and all the others too. It’s time to close shop. Forget about playing ball. Take care of yourself and others everyone. Lots of love to Harden.

amaru, vlaurelio and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Herd immunity without vaccine requires 70-90% of population to be infected. Currently US has 3M infections (7% of population) with 130K deaths.

That 70% goal is not just untenable but suicidal. There is a reason that ZERO countries have achieved herd immunity.

Further, other nations have not needed to even try this insane solution when other safer methods have proven more effective. Social distancing, masks, washing hands.

The US has almost twice as many mortalities as the next highest infected country. Ridiculous.

Corrosion and ElPigto like this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Why even put Mike Dantoni in a Dangerous situation when there is no Harden on the team its pointless to play.

I wish the Rockets Team protest in playing now that Harden is not playing.

18. saleem

That’s because the virus has damaged the internal organs while it was active. People have unfortunately died after testing negative for Covid-19. Antibodies can take up to 3 weeks to develop but the damage in the meantime is done. Most people do recover to good health, but people with co- morbid conditions have poor immunity which leads to dangerous outcomes.

19. saleem

Antibodies and T-Cells confer immunity, but antibodies start decreasing within a few months. There is an article on the BBC which says we aren’t close to herd immunity. I’m sorry, I don’t have the link.

intergalactic likes this.
  20. Newlin

Newlin Member

Harden has been working on a new move. It involves a cough.