1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yep Munich is one of my all time favorites. Definitely a 10. Downfall also mentioned and also a 9 or 10.

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

2 Guns - 8/10. Loved it.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The Wrong Missy: 6/10 Still mad me laugh tho

4. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Den of Thieves - 7.5/10 - entertaining; not as good as HEAT but some similarities...
    The Train - 9/10 - great movie, especially when you factor in how old it is. Probably blasphemy but I wish they'd remake it so we could see a modern version

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Land of Mine. film about WWII post-war mine clearing in Denmark. if I could give this an 11 out of 10 . . . that's what it is. absolutely incredible character study. on amazon prime

donkeypunch, ima_drummer2k and B-Bob like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Huh, never heard of that one. Sounds great, will watch.

Speaking of movies I'd never heard of, saw 'Get Low' over the weekend: Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek, Bill Murray were all amazing and I don't understand how they didn't get any recognition for this. Really nice movie.

B-Bob and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

This is on my watchlist and ugh wished I watched it last night. Going to tee this up for next but reviews have been great.

PS I use this app JustWatch and that has really helped screen movies...you basically can put what apps/subscriptions you have and so it gives you an idea of what you can watch for free based on filters you select.

B-Bob and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

really a great film, very moving and very well put together. thanks for the heads up about JustWatch, I'll check that out, sounds like it would be a big help

9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Hitman - 7/10.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Force of Nature - i don't know what they had on Mel Gibson to do this film, but it is truly terrible. It's not even bad good...it's just bad bad. 0/10

Crawl - as stupid as the premise is, it still manages to be more than entertaining. 7/10.

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. cardpire

cardpire Member

girl in that movie was hilarious.

12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I just saw Crawl too. I was going to say 7/10 at first, but I'm thinking now it's more 6/10 material. Good acting from the leads, but the alligators were pretty preposterous.

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I agree. Da 5 Bloods was very good in parts, but almost silly in other parts. The action sequences were very Netflix-y (worse than Triple Frontier). The plot is ludicrous, but it is still worth watching for the actors' performances and the historical footage. I would say 6/10, but Delroy Lindo's performance is enough to earn it an extra point in my book. 7/10

However, I watched BlacKKKlansman the next evening, and wow, what a good movie. The tone seemed a little farcical at first, but it packs a huge emotional wallop by the end. The two leads, John David Washington and Adam Driver, are both excellent. The casting for David Duke is hilarious. 9.5/10

B-Bob, Os Trigonum and GRENDEL like this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hamilton - 9.5/10

Brilliant. The production and music was so damn well executed. Watching it live, is now on my list of things to do.

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Watched A Hidden Life last night. still trying to make up my mind what rating I'd give it. Three hours long, but long here means languid and luxurious in addition to just plain long--it's a Terrence Malick film. Think Thin Red Line.

gonna give it a 9/10. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it is a pretty impressive film

16. conquistador#11

Papillon(2017) on Starz., 7/10 Probably because I've never seen the original which is considered an iconic movie. Basically Jax formerly of SOA gets framed for murder and has to endure prison life in French Guiana where he meets the always awkward SNAFU. Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malek were good in their roles don't know why this one failed to meet expectations. High bar.
    . The Devil's Island with the cliffs seemed peaceful the labor camp not so much.

17. donkeypunch

Thats what pissed me off in that movie, Hunman was in solitary confinement for like 2 or 3 years and they wanted "punish" him even more, so they sent him the Devils Island, where it was like a hippie co-op commune, growing fresh fruit. I definitely have a lower grade than your 7.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

Yeah I was like I could make it there. No wonder Snafu didn't want to leave the place. Have you seen the original?
    I always like what Malik brings to the table so I guess that's why I give it a higher grade than most.

19. donkeypunch

I have the first one queued up on a streaming site somewhere, but no, I havent. This one turned me off enough, to put that one off for awhile.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Midway - 7/10 - Pretty historically accurate which was really surprising to me and a nice change of pace. CGI was a little over the top, but I guess making a movie like Tora Tora Tora is basically impossible these days without CGI. Acting was pretty wooden, but this isn't the kind of movie you watch for the acting. Good movie overall, really enjoyed it.