1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I thought the protocol requires Disney employees in the bubble to be regularly tested and also sequestered. Interested in seeing how this turns out. Golf is back, testing all the time, and covid-free so far.

2. jayland

jayland Member

Probably, because 1. The NBA needs to play the games in order to get their TV contract money. https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/if-nba-resumes-expect-regular-season-games/

2. Disney likely doesn't want the venue and location to change. Since they own ESPN which has a TV contract with the NBA, they have tremendous sway. Disney probably see the whole thing as an advertising campaign for Disney World.

3. Florida is run by a Republican governor, many of whom have been prioritizing the economy over saving lives in order to appease Trump. In fact Florida is one of the Republican states they have been fudging virus numbers to lower the reported infection rate and death toll. A state employee who refused to go along with the scheme was fired as punishment.

mike2k132, Nook, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Not totally COVID-free, Nick Watney tested positive Friday. That said, still largely encouraging, because A) only 1 positive test is still low, and B) they think Watney got it when he was home in Austin. i.e., it wasn't from something infiltrating their version of a bubble. That said, we obviously need a larger sample than two weeks to feel comfortable.

Generally speaking, I do think golf is a useful case study. People will overlook it because obviously it's easier to "distance" during a round of golf than it is during an NBA game. But I don't think it's the games themselves that people are most worried about. Rather, it's all the time off the course at semi-quarantined hotels and whatnot. From that standpoint, I think we'll learn some things.

Kim likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The bubble site experiment is just another case study for the new season starting in December.

5. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Guys the virus will disappear when the weather is hotter

The virus is gone

Don't let those oppressive Democrats try to run your life.

The American thing to do is to go out, without mask to show your support for America and be a Patriot

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The hot weather thing was such an obvious fail even 3 months ago.

Unless you're hanging out in the sun on 90 degree days, it's not very helpful in most of the northern hemisphere right now.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Shut up. Stop acting like science is fact. I disagree and you should respect mines opinion. It is just a cold, nothing more. Do you drive a car? I THOUGHT SO HYPOCRITE! Silent majority. God bless!

8. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Lol

My favorite is when they say, "oh well it's God will and nothing will change it"

History book will write them as the new Manifest Destiny

god will protest me from this virus! Science??? That's witchcraft!burn them scientist

Nook likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. RocketRed84

RocketRed84 Member

So it begins....

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They will get nursed back to contention.

13. TilmanFinancialWindfall

God speed

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Experts worried over NBA resumption plans

“That is a very serious outbreak, and it’s going to get worse,” Binney says. “This is very quickly approaching scram reactor territory for me. Even with a bubble plan. I’m deeply, deeply worried.

“I still like the NBA’s plan,” he clarifies. “This is not the NBA’s fault. This is the state of Florida’s fault. The NBA has done nothing wrong, other than putting their eggs in the Orlando basket.”
    Lol that's a pretty big thing to get wrong

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Why does it have to be in Orlando? Why not somewhere more isolated (as long as that place has the resources of course)?

17. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Why are we still scared of COVID?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

D-rock and Easy like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Democrats and CNN fake news trying to scare us Americans. But we ain't no fools! Virus will die or have already died in the hot weather. This virus has disappeared. Don't let science or the media scare you.

See you in guys in Phoenix tomorrow! Show your support for America and that you are against Communist by wearing a wear! AMERICAN FIRST! WOOOOT!@ FREEDOM!!! WOOOT!!!! CONFEDERATE HERITAGE WOOT! JEFFERSON DAVID WOOOT!!!

I tell everyone, SLOW THE TESTING DOWN. If we stop testing, this means the virus has disappeared! SO please stop the testing , people!

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/22/trum...dream-city-church-technology-covid-clean-air/

D-rock likes this.