1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Emigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Buck Turgidson, Jun 11, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They eat a lot of lamb.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been to Dubai and it struck me as one of the most artificial places in the World. It was interesting from an architecture standpoint but really no sense of place. I've heard the money is very good and about 13 years ago thought about working there for a year or two but their human rights record atrocious. There are also many other restrictions such as making sure you don't rack up any debt there.

IBTL and jiggyfly like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I wouldn’t be sad if my wife’s company moved her out of the country. I’d be ok getting paid minimum wage in a kitchen somewhere.

She did an audit at a plant in Europe 2 years ago and I still miss dipping my fries in mayonnaise.

Take me back.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I read something about debt in arab countries and then I saw this.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

A friend of mine at the Australian immigration department has been saying that 2023 is a realistic target for Aus/NZ to open their borders to countries besides themselves (they're intending to open to each other relatively shortly), i was a bit shocked at the length of time but it makes sense.

The issue is unlike most of the rest of the world, the virus was mostly contained so there's very little immunity so re-opening would simply push the contagion period backwards in time.